Open today: 8:00 pm - 10:15 pm

from USD 97.71
from USD 109.36
from USD 93.93
More Info
All reviews wat arun lit up at night boat sights river taxi
Selected filters
Reviewed 27 May 2019 via mobile

I did a lot of research before booking apsara dinner cruise which was rumoured to be the best in Bangkok and it did not disappoint. Checking in was a breeze and with the low amount of guests we were boarded in no time. There were a lot of cruise ships coming and going but the rice barge we had was the most unique one among them, low key and classic, sailing on the river seemed to bring us back to the ancient time. Personally I would not bother a cruise on Chao Phraya during the day since the water is really not very inspiring if you know what I mean, however at night everything lit up and the view was spectacular including the water. The food onboard also exceeded our expectations, every single dish was prepared and presently artfully to us. Service was impeccable as well thanks to our lovely waitresses Phim and Gam. Only downside was the high price of drinks but oh boy it was banyan tree, what would you expect anyways?

Reviewed 20 May 2019 via mobile

Really good cruise up the river. More expensive than other options but nice and comfortable. Feels like a good choice when seeing people getting rammed on the other boats.

Staff are great and very attentive.

Stop at Wot Arun with a photo to take home is a nice touch.

Only negative is the price of drinks. Bottle of wine is £60 upwards.

Reviewed 7 May 2019 via mobile

I was travelling with my family and 70 year old mum and was looking for a comfortable, well paced cruise experience with good service.

Banyan Tree did all of this and all. Will like to commend the manager and staff who took care of us on the night of 2 May 19.

We were not hotel guests of Banyan Tree but opted for the complimentary shuttle service from.hotel to the River City Pier. As mentioned, mum is 70 years old. I did not want to be lost at the Pier with no clue where the meeting point was. Having the shuttle service assuaged my fears.

As we arrived early, the staff recommend us to visit Banyan Tree's famous Vertigo and Moon bar, as we were just in time for the beautiful sunset in Bangkok. Highly recommended to weave in a visit to the bar either before or after the cruise. The views are amazing.

Boarding the cruise was a breeze due to the relatively smaller group (about 50pax) , as compared to the large and rowdy groups on other cruises. The manager sent someone in charge of security to help guide my mum, who is mobile but a little slow, up the boat.

The dining experience is enjoyable and the cruise pace was not too fast. We could relax and dine in comfort as food was served to us. Prior to boarding, we had indicated our meal preferences of less spicy, and it was delivered well to us. There were dedicated wait staff assigned to each table and we also had our assigned tables - reducing any conflict or confusion to scramble for a good seat.

All the tables face the window, which is a plus ensuring unobstructed views. The boat route goes around, so it doesn't matter which side you are seated. Throughout the dinner, wait staff were attentive and acceded to our requests to take photos. They took note of little details to make sure mom was comfortable, including giving her a little stool for her bag and giving us some complimentary drinks after noticing that she doesn't take alcohol. Food was tasty and plentiful, with options for refill. Overall, it was a very enjoyable and stress-free experience.

One key highlight is the stop at Wat Arun for pictures. I don't think there is a similar service elsewhere. The photo taking is well-organised and photos are taken by the staff and given to you as a souvenir, which is a nice touch that capped off a wonderful night.

After disembarking, the crew went the extra mile to help book taxis for those that are leaving off from there and there was return transport back to Banyan Tree for the rest of us.

Overall, it was an amazing experience that we really enjoyed, a good part of it was due to it being so well organised and executed, but the other part had to do with the impeccable service provided by the staff, who worked to take care of us tirelessly the whole night through. The added care given to my mom was also much appreciated and to that I am grateful.

I have already recommended this cruise to my other friends who are planning to bring their families with young and elderly along.

Thank you Banyan Tree and the manager and staff on the night of 2 May 19 who took care of us (Table 15).

2  Thank PeiyunW9
Reviewed 1 May 2019 via mobile

This was by far the best dinner cruise in Bangkok. If you’re looking for a romantic dinner cruise, this is the boat. The other cruises were large boats mostly filled with Chinese tourist, buffet style dinners. But this boat was a small boat so they were able to pay attention to every detail and cater to everyone. Each dish that was brought to our table was beautiful and delicious. Stopped in front of a temple so that each couple could take a photo. The only thing i didn’t care for were for the drink prices but I could over look it because everything else was perfect. Highly recommended and could come back to do this again!

Date of experience: April 2019
Reviewed 15 April 2019

Booked this as it seemed to be the best of the cruises I'd researched, and I wasn't wrong.
My wife and I really enjoyed the fantastic meal and service provided.
There were about 20 or so people aboard, we all had our own tables which made it that little bit more intimate, especially as having seen some of the other boats leave with a couple of hundred on board.
Great views all along the cruise and a lovely picture taken and included of each couple/group with the Wat Arun Temple all lit up as the back drop.
The 5 course meal was fantastic, they ask if you want it spicy (really good and just right) or mild also vegetarian option available.
I can only say if you're planning a night dinner cruise on the Chao Phraya river this is the one to go for.

Date of experience: April 2019