“Definitely a scam, don’t get sucked in”

International Fashion Center
Ranked #34 of 574 Shopping in Bangkok
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: International Fashion Center offers the widest range of high-end international fabrics at the most affordable prices. We have our own in house tailors to ensure well fitting custom clothing for both men and women.
Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

So the story is... we left our hotel and a random man said he worked there and we should go to IFC as they have a sale on... we took a tuk tuk and thought we would check it out. The guys in there tried to sell me 3 suits and were asking me if I was a banker and that I could afford it and why not. After explaining I was not (!) and that I thought the suits were very overpriced, they targeted my partner. They were really pushy and if I wasn’t savvy with this stuff I would’ve been sucked in for sure. She agreed to get a pair of trousers made for about 1600THB. We collected them a week later and they did not even fit. As in she couldn’t get them up her legs! They got all the measurements wrong. They didn’t write any measurements down. We got them altered on the same day... we went back... they altered it again then sent it to our hotel. They were still tight after 2 further alterations. She could get them on but they were very tight and even I had to tell the poor girl she looked bad! I’m not a tailor but how hard can a pair of trousers be if it is your job? Now we are leaving, they advised us to leave it in the hotel for pickup and re-alteration and they will send to us in the UK. We decided not to as the quality of the material and the product is very poor and she won’t wear them even if they are eventually fixed.

I did read a review here that said they pay off hotel staff and tuk tuk drivers to get all the tourists in there. I think it’s true so just be careful. What a waste of money, I’m so glad I didn’t get anything.

1  Thank Sam N
Write a ReviewReviews (1,842)
All reviews
"ravi"
in 55 reviews

Reviewed 30 March 2018

3.5 Stars.

Like everyone else on here, a tuk tuk driver dropped 4 of us off at IFC so that he could get his gas voucher.

After debating about the quality and looking at there suits, me and another guy decided to go ahead with a fitting. We each purchased a custom suit, with 3 fitted shirts, and 2 ties for 10000 baht. This price is half of a custom suit in Canada. We also paid another 500 baht each to have a custom lining inside of the jacket.

We paid in full on first measurements, went back the next day for a final fitting.

Overall the quality of the suit is pretty good, fits nice.
Only one of the shirts was actually fitted, the other 2 were not.... This is pretty disappointing as I have a wide back and the other 2 shirts are a little too tight, ties are low grade ties.

We didn't check around about pricing but compared to Canada, we saved a lot for a decent quality fully fitted suit.

I would have liked to pay 20% less as the shirts aren't fitted and ties aren't the best quality but when in Thailand. I will be returning next year to Bangkok and will definitely scope out some other shops to see quality and pricing as I will definitely be buying another suit, possibly from IFC.

1  Thank Alberta606
Reviewed 25 March 2018 via mobile

Whilst visiting Bangkok, we wanted to visit chinatown. We hired a tuk tuk driver who told us that he would take us to visit International Fashion Centre/Company on the way so he could get paid. This company pays tuk tuk drivers and offers free fuel to them to bring tourists to this awful place. As our driver was lovely, we decided to do him a favour and visit it on route. He told us that all we have to do is walk in and look for five minutes in order for him to receive his bonus. When we got inside, one staff member swarmed on us instantly. When we told him we were simply looking and not ready to buy a suit, he turned somewhat nasty and very unfriendly. He made it clear we were not welcome as he said it is only for people buying suits. They claim to be the best tailor in bangkok, however sell most of the women’s garments that you can find at any street market, probably for a fraction of the price. The man then proceeded to walk closely behind us until we reached the door.

AVOID AT ALL COSTS.

2  Thank ciaranhaddow
Reviewed 25 March 2018 via mobile

This place paid hotel staff, tuk tuk drivers, taxi drivers to bring foreign tourist into their store before they send you upstairs with their bait and switch tactic and squeeze as much money as they can from them. Some customer paid 2000B for a set of suit with shirts and tie, while foreigners paid over 60,000 to 80,000B for the same suit. Staff were extremely nice to start with, offered water and drinks, as soon as they realised that you don’t want to spend over 10,000 they changed their attitude immediately. I witness them yelling at customer to go back to China and they aren’t welcome here, while they were squeezing another customer from Australia who paid over 60,000 for a set of ordinary old fashioned suit.... customer weren’t allow to alter the unsatisfactory suit without paying a hefty surcharge, watch out people.

This place is a scam! Avoid! Trip advisor should warn other tourist of places like this one! This is probably true for all other tailor make suit company’s in the area. You won’t be find a set of business card from any tuk tuk driver in the area.

2  Thank Alpha A