We stay at this boutique hotel each time we pass through Bangkok. It is at the quiet end of a short street, right on the river front. The warm welcome and delightful location has made each visit a joy to anticipate. The rooms are well-appointed and the front desk is always helpful with maps, restaurant suggestions, arrangements for tours or concerts, and ordering reliable taxi service.
The breakfasts (western or Thai) are generous and tasty. Actually, we can only speak for the Thai breakfasts, which have been wonderful every time! The breakfast location is right on the river front (at the coffee shop), with little tables on the deck outside.
The river view is highly entertaining, both from the river-view rooms and from the coffee shop/breakfast area. Boats of all sizes, shapes and colours pass by while you are having coffee. It feels like you are in the beating heart of historical Bangkok.
Wat Arun is in view on the opposite side of the river, and the impressive Wat Pho is at the other end of the street. The famous flower market is in walking distance in one direction, and the Grand Palace and National Museum are in walking distance in the other direction. In between, there are a lot of little cafes and souvenir shops.
Jin and Ploy have also been very helpful with booking an historical tour (bus/boat) to the old capital of Bangkok (Ayutthaya) and a cultural concert (with traditional dancers in Thai costume) at the Grand Theatre. They even arranged a reliable taxi for a return trip to Kanchanaburi (to see the Bridge over the River Kwai) at a very reasonable price, dropping us off on one day and returning to collect us 4 days later. We could not want for a more enjoyable place to stay in Bangkok.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Bangkok's riverside boutique hotel on the bank of the Chao Phraya River. Located in "Rattanakosin Island " the historical-cultural reserved area in the middle of Bangkok. Few minutes walk to the Reclining Buddha Temple (Wat Pho), Watpo Thai traditional massage school, and the Grand Palace. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Evoline ltd, Booking.com, Expedia APAC, lastminute.com.au, Agoda, Wotif.com, Ctrip TA, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Hooroo Pty Ltd, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Aurum The River Place reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aurum The River Place Hotel Bangkok
- Aurum The River Place Bangkok