I have stayed at Grand Mercure Bangkok Asoke Residence several times during the past 7 years. Good value for money, great location concerning the transportation options, 5 min walk from the Asoke BTS station (sky train) and the MRT (metro), as well as the new mall, The Terminal. Rooms are spacious, equipped with a fully equipped kitchen, big size fridge, and a comfortable living room and,above all, clean.
Cons: almost no food and beverage options in the hotel (its main restaurant is closed) except for the room service. Poor, very poor service from the front office and this has been the case for the past 3-4 years during which the hotel is run by youngsters not really `cut` for the tourist business and customer service.
Concerning the whereabouts: satysfing dinning options nearby, an excellent localy coloured restaurant almost across the hotel, servicing breakfast and staying open late at night, with both Thai and international cuisine. An Argentinian restaurant further down the street and off course, restaurants inside the mall which is located at approx 5min walk from the hotel premises. Also, a branch of the well known `Health Land` spa and massage just a couple of minutes from Grand Mercure.
In a few, nice hotel-residence for the ones who hate cramped hotel rooms as well for the ones who wish to stay on a long term basis. However, you `d better be independant as you cannot really count on the service provided by the front desk employees....
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Conveniently located in Bangkok's trendy Sukhumvit Area, 5 minutes walking distance to Asoke BTS skytrain and Sukhumvit MRT subway stations, GRAND MERCURE Asoke by AccorHotels, is located in the city centre. It offers an easy and quick access around Bangkok in a calm street, with bright Suites, apartment like, from 71sqm. Discover Terminal21, a famous shopping centre around the corner, then relax and enjoy the view at our rooftop swimming pool or dive into the great nightlife only steps away. GRAND MERCURE Asoke is pet friendly and our WI-FI access is complimentary. We have 40" smartTVs with Japanese, Chinese, French channels. Ideal for a family or couple stay. Fully renovated in 2017, each Suite has a full kitchen with a private balcony. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with ACCOR, Agoda, Booking.com, Hooroo Pty Ltd, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA and Cancelon so you can book your Grand Mercure Bangkok Asoke Residence reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Mercure Bangkok Asoke Residence Hotel Bangkok
- Grand Accor Bangkok Asoke Residence
- Sofitel Bangkok
- Bangkok Sofitel