All reviews shopping mall hotel located hot water the main road baht airport foodland supermarket pier proximity thai mbk
Reviewed 26 October 2017

Some time ago (see my previous reviews), I rated this hotel as the best budget hotel in this area. Unfortunately, in my experience, it subsequently went downhill, but I can now report that it has regained its crown.

I stayed here for a couple of nights recently and all was well, and as it should be. The now more professionally-focused staff checked me in courteously and efficiently, and allocated me a nice room on the top floor (as I had requested in my booking). And the previous obnoxious practice of requiring a 500/1000 baht cash deposit seems to have gone away, for me at least.

The room itself was pretty much the same as it has been for several years, but was clean, with a fridge, flat screen TV with many cable English-language channels, and everything worked just as it should. My only gripe is that there is no option for wi-fi in the room, not even paid. It's only available in the lobby, where it works well.

For the price paid, this hotel is hard to beat, as long as you don’t want to stay in the centre of Bangkok. The location is fine for me, being next to a large retail mall, with a good supermarket within 100 metres, and local buses to all parts of Bangkok, including the airport train and the BTS within a 5-minute walk (a cab to Suvarnabhumi airport will cost you less than 200 baht). And, if you’re really adventurous, there is a canal boat stop a couple of minutes walk away, which will take you to Bangkok centre (if you don’t mind this mode of travel).

Overall, I would recommend this hotel for the budget traveler who wants a comfortable, clean and convenient place to stay.

Room Tip: A room on the top floor (8) should be quiet, other guests permitting.
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 21 October 2017 via mobile

Its nice and comfy, the room is wide with twin bed, sofa, wardrobe space and bathroom inside. Luckily I cant stay alone in my room because the building is old enough to make me feel ..... and tv is unable.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank Farah A
Reviewed 6 October 2017 via mobile

The hotel room I stayed in - the Junior Suite - had a decent amount of space, but that's about all.
No silverware in the room, no microwave in the room (although they do have a fridge), no ironing board, the WiFi is not free in the room but has to be paid for, almost no English language channels to watch on TV, which, by the way, is smaller than the screen of one of my early desktop computers I bought in the early 90s, the towels don't smell nice and fresh, the breakfast leaves a lot to be desired... It might sound like I'm being picky, but I have certain simple requirements of my hotel and these didn't seem to necessarily be met here.
I liked the cleanliness of the hotel, the really helpful staff who spoke generally decent enough English and the hotel's proximity to where I wanted to be - but the above points made it difficult to continue to offer them my custom.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 September 2017 via mobile

This hotel located closed to The Mall Ramkamheang. Room is small and provide TV, chiller inside. The swimming pool is small too. There is closed to the cannal boat transport, That you can travel to the central Bangkok easily and very cheap. ( 1 km. from airportlink that take you to Suvanabhum airport or Phayathai station.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 17 September 2017 via mobile

Booking at front desk for 1 suit n 1 delux..so far has good service n good room. However if book for lowest rate on internet may end up w smaller room and older floor. Also hotel has change staffs and service is improved. Staffs are active n very helpful with additional help book for large size taxi n fast in giving additional blanket.
The breakfast buffet has boiled fresh milk which is great to add to hot coffee! Hotel chef add Indian n Malay dish in addition to Thai dishes. The negative point is free internet to only 1 laptop or cell phone log in per room. Hotel still giving out paper password code that need to update daily!

Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business