Location: strategic location, close to the river and the river express boats and to the sky train. Far from the shopping malls district of Siam (at least 20 minutes by taxi) but close to old Bangkok and to Asiatique. If you're in Bangkok just for shopping, stay elsewhere. If you plan to mix classical sightseeing with some shopping this location will do it.
The vicinity: in the same tower you can find Robinson department store and in the basement a large upscale supermarket open daily till 22:00, with Asian and western food. Ground level has an open food market and other stalls.
The street is old style Bangkok with restaurants (our favorite was "Queen of Curry" for delicious Thai food), massage places, banks and shops.
The Room: we had a 2 bedroom suite and it was huge, clean, well set and cozy. Comfy beds and good aircon. Excellent value.
Breakfast: this was the weak spot of the hotel. The staff works hard but it seems they can't keep up with the demand. The dining area is too small for the number of guests, and sometimes the quantity of food and cups was insufficient, especially around closing time.
Staff: all were helpful, friendly and efficient
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Centre Point Hotel Silom, situated on the top of Robinson Bangrak Department Store and at the bank of Chao Phraya River, is in proximity to Saphan Taksin skytrain (BTS) station and Sathorn ferry pier; aiding quick and easy transfer to: The Grand Palace, Emerald Buddha Temple, Wat Pho Temple, Temple of Dawn (Wat Arun), and Asiatique - the Riverfront and Community Mall (night bazaar). The hotel’s building is in the Jewelry Trade District of Silom and Sathorn road. It takes just a 5 min. drive to BKK Sea Shell Museum, and Sri Mahamariamma Temple; a mere 10 min. drive to Pat Pong (night life), and a short 15 min. drive to China Town. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Ctrip TA, Expedia APAC, Agoda, Wotif.com, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, Hooroo Pty Ltd, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and lastminute.com.au so you can book your Centre Point Hotel Silom reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Centre Point Silom Bangkok
- Centre Point Silom Hotel Bangkok