I read Trip Advisor reviews for this hotel before booking, and was a bit nervous about the quality of its facilities. Some reviewers mentioned that the hotel is somewhat dated. However, my unit was great! Although it was not brand new, it definitely met my expectations - spacious, clean, with a great view of the city and the river. I also liked having a washer/dryer in the unit and the staff even provided a drying rack to hang clothes that cannot go into the dryer. The front desk staff and doormen were all courteous. Free drink in the lobby was super nice. The breakfast buffet provided many options including both western and Asian dishes.
The best feature of the hotel is its excellent location. The hotel is located only 5 mins away (walking) to Saphan Taksin BTS station and Saphan ferry terminal, so it is easy to get around and visit many sights. Since traffic can be quite heavy in Bangkok, an easy access to public transportation is important. Moreover, the hotel’s proximity to Robinson store (open from 10 am to 10 pm) is a real bonus. Robinson contains an upscale supermarket and several local chain restaurants as well as American brands such as McDonald's, Starbucks, Swenson's and KFC. It is truly nice to have access to these retails/restaurants in the same building. Also, I found that communicating with taxi drivers in English was sometimes difficult, but everyone understood my destination when I mentioned Robinson!
Centre Point Hotel Silom was a great choice and I would recommend this hotel to any travelers who want to explore the city of Bangkok.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Centre Point Hotel Silom, situated on the top of Robinson Bangrak Department Store and at the bank of Chao Phraya River, is in proximity to Saphan Taksin skytrain (BTS) station and Sathorn ferry pier; aiding quick and easy transfer to: The Grand Palace, Emerald Buddha Temple, Wat Pho Temple, Temple of Dawn (Wat Arun), and Asiatique - the Riverfront and Community Mall (night bazaar). The hotel’s building is in the Jewelry Trade District of Silom and Sathorn road. It takes just a 5 min. drive to BKK Sea Shell Museum, and Sri Mahamariamma Temple; a mere 10 min. drive to Pat Pong (night life), and a short 15 min. drive to China Town. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia APAC, Booking.com, Agoda, Odigeo, Ctrip TA, Wotif.com, HotelQuickly, Hotels.com, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hooroo Pty Ltd, getaroom.com and lastminute.com.au so you can book your Centre Point Hotel Silom reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Centre Point Silom Bangkok
- Centre Point Silom Hotel Bangkok