I stayed at the Hilton for 5 nights. The room was very spacious and the picture widows in each room gave a stunning view of the river.
The hotel staff spoke good English and where all very attentive, and nothing was too much trouble. The buffet breakfast was excellent with free eggs cooked the way you like them and much much more, a full range of English as well as Asian dishes, the steamed buns were lovely.
The hotel was very clean and the bathrooms were large and they had a large bath as well as a separate shower. The bed was super comfortable with lovely soft pillows.
The hotel has a free boat that goes across the river. One boat goes to River City which is a shopping mall directly across the river from the hotel (about a 3 minute boat ride there).. There is nothing of particular interest in River City, it seems a fairly bare mall with only a few shops. Directly behind the mall is a medium sized supermarket it you need bits and pieces because apart from a 7Eleven next door to the hotel, there is nothing around on the hotel side of the river for bits and pieces.
If you walk along the river front of the hotel and turn left up a public walk way you will find a market selling the usual things like bags, shoes as well as the 7Eleven.
The other boat goes to the Sky Train (about a 7 minute boat ride). It is about a 2 minute walk from the boat ramp to the train. The boat goes about every 30 minutes. While it is reasonably convenient, it is the one draw back to the hotel as you always need to catch a boat, or river taxi to get anyway. You could catch a taxi, but Bangkok seems to be in constant grid-lock so getting anywhere in the city via road seems challenging. Having say that, the Sky Train is very efficient and easy to use even if you don't speak Thai, everything is in English as well. Having a hotel near the SkyTrain is helpful to avoid getting around by road.
Overall a very good experience at this hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A stunning new ultra-contemporary hotel with absolute river views from every window. Boasting outdoor infinity pool, stand alone full service Spa and a dedicated Hilton Meetings floor. Eight restaurants and bars offer exquisite local and western cuisine and cocktails to suit every palate in indoor and outdoor settings. Complimentary shuttle boat to the heart of city runs until midnight and rennowned attractions such as Grand Palace, Reclining Buddha and the Temple of Dawn are just a short boat ride away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton EMEA, Booking.com, Odigeo, Hooroo Pty Ltd, Cancelon, Expedia APAC, Wotif.com and Hotels.com so you can book your Millennium Hilton Bangkok reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Millennium Hilton Bangkok Hotel Bangkok
- Hilton International Bangkok
- Hilton Bangkok
- Bangkok Hilton
- Millenium Hilton Bangkok