1,749 results
All reviews the great kabab factory nana plaza nice hotel lobby bar indian restaurant breakfast buffet stayed here for nights night life our honeymoon welcome drink skytrain station sukhumvit area min walk tuk tuk the main road thailand shopping
Reviewed 23 July 2010

We stayed there for two nights at the end of June this year and didnt want to leave. The hotel was great, staff amazing, the breakfast was absolutely out of this world (I had trouble getting my husband to leave it in the morning's). The pool was great out young child had a great time. It was a quiet hotel at the time we visited which I personally liked even more. Great location for excursions and on the right side of town for the airport especially in bangkok traffic! Would highly recomend this hotel. We had no problems with anything.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank jennypeny
Reviewed 5 July 2010

This was my 3rd visit & believe me every time I stayed here is one of kind experience. Smiling staff with always ready to help you kind attitude. Taken care of every issue. Its perfect experience. I'll be back on 6th of July & gonna stay 8 days & I'm sure I'm gonna have same pleasure.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank FahadAlSarkal
Reviewed 14 June 2010

The Majestic Grande is a very comfortable full service hotel equivalent to any good 4 star European city hotel.

Hotel is situated very well in the city, close to transport links, bars, shops, restaurants, etc. It is not on top of the main tourist attractions in the city but the position lends itself to experiencing the multiple modes of public transport available… Start out by Sky Train, catch the river ferry, transfer to Tuk-Tuk, return by Canal, and Taxi, etc! If you can take the heat you can even walk to the main shopping area.

Hotel is approximately a 30min – 1Hr Taxi ride from the main airport which depending on your taxi driver will set you back between 300 – 500THB. Try to agree your fare in advance with non-metered taxis but our experience was that you got a better deal with the metered ones. Taxis from the hotel are easily arranged by the very helpful concierge service and they will agree the price for you if you so wish. They are also on hand to advise you on where to go and where not to go in the city, this was especially handy for us as we were in Bangkok during the Red Shirt political demonstrations. There is also a tour operator located in the lobby whom can arrange many day trips throughout the city and surrounding area – well priced and by all accounts we heard no complaints from persons that used them, in fact quite to the contrary.

We sampled from each of the restaurants in the hotel. The main 7th floor restaurant serves buffet each night or Al a Carte, this is also the destination for breakfast in the morning. In all cases the standard is excellent and price reasonable – The Thai dishes of course are excellent. Breakfast is plentiful, full choice of Thai, Continental, “American”, dishes, you want for nothing and going away still hungry is highly unlikely. The Italian Restaurant on the ground floor is also of a high standard, my wife claims it was the best pizza in Thailand! Prices little higher in this one and I always question the value of eating Italian when in Thailand… We took advantage of the room service during our stay too, great food and no tray charge.

Bar in the hotel is great and the staff extremely good. There is a great choice of drinks and the happy hour 2 for 1 is a must. Great Cocktails Menu which can keep you entertained for a good few evenings if you so desired.

Pool, Gym, Spa, Business Centre all located on the 7th Floor. Spa area is excellent with separate sex Jacuzzi, Sauna, and Steam Rooms. Towels provided at reception point on that floor which can be used throughout the area. Pool is good size, we were at the Hotel in April and pool got most of its sun before midday, after that it was shaded by the main building – so it you are a sun worshipper get there early! Hotel was at capacity during our visit and beds / seats by the pool hard to come by whilst the sun around but plenty of space early / late afternoon. Gym is very well equipped and fully air conditioned, I’m a regular gym user and there was more than enough to keep me occupied for our short stay. Business centre has 4 PC’s with Internet Access although this was a bit pricey – If you have a wireless laptop it’s better to use this as they had far better deals on for use by this means.

Rooms are what you would expect of a 4 star hotel, very comfortable and very clean. Good choice of Sat TV Channels, DVD System, Mini Bar, Safe, etc, etc. Staff were very helpful throughout and everything during our stay went very smoothly. Should I ever return to Bangkok again I’d certainly check out the price at this hotel as it was in summary very good throughout.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Simon B
Reviewed 9 June 2010

We booked our honeymoon through Kuoni to visit Bangkok, Chiang Mai and Phuket. And stayed at the Majestic Grande Hotel Bangkokj for 3 nights.

The hotel was fantastic in every way. Well located on Soi 2 off the busy Sukhumvit Road, with Ploenchit BTS being the closest station. Or Nana BTS on the other side, but a longer walk of around 10mins. Starbucks, KFC and other local eateries within walking distance to the hotel. Plenty of 'kosher' massage places around, although the one right opposite the hotel isn't one of them. It gave us the giggles whenever we saw it anyway - it's called Annie's Soapy Massage!

We arrived very early in the morning (around 9 or 10am) and the perfect English speaking reception ladies were able to check us in straight away and the porter showed us to our room, which overlooked the swimming pool.

The room was big and well appointed. The bathroom was more than adequate, with bathrobes provided. TV had a few English channels, they were even playing Holby City omnibus when we were there.

I tried out the spa, whirlpool jacuzzi, sauna & gym. They were all great, with nice decorative touches and most importantly everything was hygenic. It was also nice to have a dip in the swimming pool in the afternoon before we were off shopping or sightseeing again. Pool was never busy and plentiful sun decks.

As it was our honeymoon, the hotel prepared a lovely honeymoon cake, special artisan chocolates and fresh exotic fruit bowl every evening for us. We were treated like royalty and nothing was too much trouble.

We'd definitely come back again. Absolutely loved it!

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank hellobayo
Reviewed 28 May 2010

This was the third time I stayed at Majestic grande , this hotel really makes you feel comfortable and the staff are friendly as heaven .
I have stayed at many luxury 5 star hotels ,so I really cant consider Majestic Grande as a 5 star , it is something between 4 and 5 stars.
The massage service provided by the hotel is just Excellent ,I have never experienced a better service elsewhere .There are a few downsides : The transport clerk Mr John is very annoying ,he offers you visits to factory outlets in order to get free gas ,this is unacceptable for a 5 star hotel,Please avoid this guy and use public taxi.
The rooms although clean ,look so tired and weary .Certainly need renovation.
The first night we stayed there ,the air con wasn't working well and a very bad urine smell didn't let us sleep all night ,but we didn't have the problem the other nights.
If the hotels makes some amendments I will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple