1,744 results
All reviewsthe great kabab factorynana plazanice hotellobby barindian restaurantbreakfast buffetstayed here for nightsnight lifeour honeymoonwelcome drinkskytrain stationsukhumvit areamin walktuk tukthe main roadthailandshopping
Reviewed 17 May 2012

This hotel was a great place for us on our 3 night stay in Bangkok. The staff were really helpful and very attentive to all our needs such as booking trips, taxis, etc. the location is really good and very close to the BTS or Sky Train as its known. Taxis however are pretty cheap as they go by distance rather than time so the traffic doesn't cost you more. We were on the 20th floor and the view was great. When we got there they upgraded us for free which was good however the only double room available on the upgrade was on the smoking floor. so a tip for those of you that arent smokers (like us) don't go on a smoking floor. The stench of cigarettes is soaked into the walls and furnishings and to be honest if we hadn't of been staying for such a short period I would of asked to be moved as it was nasty although convenient if you are a smoker. The hallways and communal areas could do with cleaning a bit more often but that is only a minor criticism. Breakfast was great with loads of options, make sure you give the egg station a try! The bar in the lobby was frequented by us quite a bit, happy hour brings some real value for money and the menu has loads of stuff on it including some very nice martini cocktails and plenty of free hot nuts. If you have the time give the spa a try, the staff are really friendly and very skilled. We had a Swedish massage and boy was it good. The spa facilities are clean and very well kept so worth the price if you want some serious relaxation.

The trips available for tourists are good value for money and we took part in a trip to the floating markets which is about 1.5hrs outsde the city. We went for the private option which was worth the few extra baht we paid although the tour guide was very nice by the end I was tired of hearing about her shop which she was desperate to try and gets to visit. Everyone in Thailand is after your money so just make sure you are firm with them about not going to these 'extra' places. They are a lovely people and won't want to upset you so will accept what you say without hassle.

Whilst you are in Bangkok, go visit the patpong market but be prepared, they see a white face and they swarm you trying to get you to buy watches, pants, bags and of course the 'shows' that border the market. This market is great fun and if you're after buying some fake stuff this is the place to command youcandrive a really good deal if you know how to haggle. I personally am not very good but my other half earned the title 'Cheap Charlie' by the local traders as he drove such a hard bargain with them all. Bangkok is an amazing city just go with an open mind and a map!

Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Jamie M
Reviewed 16 May 2012

Used this hotel for the 10th time I think. Always like it. Nice staff, including consierge. Very helpful. And it is definitely price worthy. The breakfast is superb whith many alternatives for all tastes in a very nice setting. Actually one of the best breakfasts in town. But since I started using this place it has been ageing quite. Needs renovation now. The rooms are worn down a bit and not completly fresh anymore. Nontheless, it is a good place to stay if you just want a decent overnight stay which does not require a romantic ambiance or luxorious surroundings. The location is also very good,on walking distance from nearest BTS station, Nana Place

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Stisse23
Reviewed 15 May 2012

It is not often that I rate service as excellent - the staff at Majestic Grande fully deserve it - very prompt courteous service, very helpful time and time again about wifi enquiries - its totally free and very speedy too. My companion called Housekeeping and in less than 5 minutes, a staff was at the door.
Another rarity - I asked for a wake-up call - in most hotels, the call is done via an automated system with taped voice. Here, the automated wake-call was followed by a staff calling to ensure a backup - nice touch!
Rooms are really clean - kettle, hairdryer, coffee and tea facilities, 2 bottled waters replenished daily, 2 bathrobes. Toothbrushes, emery board, razor available if needed, very promptly too.
The breakfast buffet only provided one Oriental item, did not see any Thai breakfast items - mostly Western items.
Location is about 10 minutes from the BTS station, with my lanky legs - so a tad far.

Room Tip: Ask for room facing away from the sleazy and noisy nana side - the other side provides a panoramic view of the highway, beautiful especially at night.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Persimmone
Reviewed 14 May 2012

Majestic Grande is a about 200 yards from Shukumvit in Soi 2 close to all the beer bars in Soi 2. We had a very nice room of average size, the only thing I did not like in this hotel was that it did not have a shower separate from the bath tub and the the button to flush the toilet was hard to press. I came to this hotel after I moved out of another one were I only stayed one night. The Breakfast was very good in a nice dining room and good service. What more can I say. It was my third trip to Thailand this year and I would come back again to Majestic Grande next time I am in Bangkok.
Yes there are cheaper hotels and I would have looked for one if I had been alone but there is not much anymore around $ 50,- to $ 60,- since the prices went up and the $ down from over 40 to 30. The same with the restaurants unless you eat in the streets. I actually can eat cheaper in a Restaurant in Europe than in one in Bangkok now.
In Soi 2 is a restaurant name I think is Fish house, not good food and not good service by my opinion.

Room Tip: See for yourself.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
5  Thank erniep747
Reviewed 13 May 2012

If you are on a work related trip this hotel is a reasonable option. The positives include - clean rooms, quick housekeeping service, good security & free wifi. The buffet breakfast was acceptable as well.
Some things that need to be fixed - the rooms need renovation, the reception staff can show some more hospitality & the pool could have been bigger.
The hotel made me fill a feedback form & to my surprise they replied to my suggestions within 48 hours... that was quick, unlike some hotels that don't even bother about it!!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business