See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 4 May 2016 via mobile

Located in d midst of nana street Sukhumvit, with very gud connectivity with d metro, bus service nd even taxi for almost every corner of bangkok. The property is very avg, unfrndly staff, lil suffocating rooms wid nt vry gud air conditioning. Bt if u r on a tight budget nd ur main motive is to travel as mch as u can widout havin d comfort of a cozy room, dis is probably d best choice. Ample of shopping nd street food avenues avlbl downstreet wch is active almst till 2 am.

Stayed: April 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 April 2016

This is an older hotel, but I enjoyed the staff and the bed was clean and comfortable. Bangkok was stifling hot in April, but the air-conditioner in the room did well. Upon check in for the week, I was given two little bottles water. Sadly you get that only once. Maybe if I checked in anew each day I would not have had to buy my own water. However there are a couple of 7-11s just a short walk away. If you totally "hate" the Muslim call to prayer, then be warned, you can hear it (but it adds to the atmosphere). Just outside you are bombarded with all things Persian ... kinda cool. The elevator was nice for me on the fourth floor and the folks on the eighth floor must have loved it. I kept cash and passport locked up at the front desk in their very efficient safe deposit boxes. I could have used the tub, but the shower had plenty of hot water (although it sprayed at a strange angle). The maids made up the bed and left fresh towels every day. My phone and laptop were never touched. Sure the carpet could have been cleaner, but at less than $15 a night it was fine. The WiFi was like the True North; strong and free.

Room Tip: higher floors have less street noise
  • Stayed: April 2016, travelled solo
1  Thank davidasia
Reviewed 11 March 2016

basic short stay at the place .. it is cheap .. nearer to everything .. room is basic and ok .. the rate is considered cheap considering the location .. good for short stay or solo stay , not very sure for family vacation stay though ...

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled solo
1  Thank zaw_ye_naing104
Reviewed 6 December 2015 via mobile

Recommended.

I consider value, whether I'm looking at budget, chic, or swanky, accommodations. The Pinnacle Sukhumvit is a budget hotel that feels like a really nice hostel private room with an en suite bathroom. It's a 3-star hotel that gets 4 from me because of value and location.

Price
Since price is a big factor while doing extended travel, this is one of the first things I consider. The list rates for rooms are way overpriced in my opinion, but if you book through a TripAdvisor partner you can usually get a price that's competitive with anything in the same class in Bangkok. There are two classes of rooms and the cheaper rooms are noticeably less clean. The deluxe rooms are still basic and have stains, etc. but they're sanitary and in decent shape. I usually book the higher end rooms when the price isn't too much more. I find that Agoda usually has the best price. I've tried 5 other places in Bangkok and keep coming back here for a reason.

Comfort
The beds are shocking comfortable for me (I like a little firm but some give and not too pillowy).

Cleanliness
The building is old and a bit run down, but the bedding and towels are clean and the cleaning staff do a good job.

Location
Considering the closeness to the Nana BTS station and how central it is in Bangkok, it's hard to beat the location. It's also tucked into an Arabic neighborhood, complete with the call to prayer, so it feels very international and you can get a great shawarma.

Staff
The staff are almost all nice and speak some English. Cleaners are great.

Safety
The neighborhood, as with most of Bangkok is super safe.

Acoustics
The air conditioner is loud, but I like it as a white noise device. Overall, the sound profile is pretty good and you don't usually hear a lot of noise from the neighbors. This is a nice contrast from the places where you feel like you're being directly addressed by your neighbors when you hear every little sound.

We're also a traveling couple and the price is for the room vs. per person. (Be sure you select two people on the reservation, I once selected single occupancy and it was a big hassle).

Stayed: December 2015, travelled as a couple
4  Thank 415Philip
Reviewed 27 November 2015

Excellent location for food lovers---for a very reasonable price---booked it through Expedia for 1100 baht . The only disadvantage is the staff as there are only few who speak or understand English or otherwise a perfect location to catch any transport i.e taxi,tuk-tuk or train all few minutes walking distance.

Room Tip: Choose higher floors with room nos 1705 or 1805
Stayed: November 2015, travelled solo