See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 30 June 2015 via mobile

The best thing about this hotel only location, only need 3-5minutes walk to/from BTS. But the hotel was look so old, staff cannot speak english, and not friendly at all. The room was a bit smelly and there's an ants in the room. For payment they only accept cash.

Stayed: August 2014
Reviewed 6 May 2015

Have stay 1 night in this hotel. The room not so clean, all maintenance looks in old. No valuable pay this price stay in this hotel, u can get better hotel.
Then the staff in receptionist not so friendly, no smile at all!!!

Room Tip: Food in restaurant no bad!
  • Stayed: January 2015, travelled with friends
Reviewed 5 April 2015 via mobile

Basic room, AC ok but can't be controlled, wifi good, has an elevator, PERFECT LOCATION near BTS train and shopping. Room is for sleeping only, bathroom is get in and out as no shower curtain with only hand held nozzle with bracket waist high in bath tub.
Take BTS to Sala Daeng stop (3 stops from hotel) to eat on Convent Road for lunch and visit Pat Pong night market. 1 stop to (Siam) for shopping and all kinds of food. Have to take taxi (100 baht) or Tuk Tuk(100 - 200 baht depending whether day or night) tO Khao San road (must go at night (drinking and eating on the street) as no train to that area.

Stayed: April 2015, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Mike G
Reviewed 18 February 2015

I checked in on 17th Feb 2015 with my son, daughter in law and my 2.5 YEAR old grandson. We paid for 4 nights but checked out the next day early morning at 9 am. Why??
This hotel is a pain!
a) The water from the shower is boiling hot and can boil you to death! When I tried to adjust the water temperature, it turned to icy cold water. I complained to the housekeeping and was told that there is no technician and it is like that..nothing can be done. They even told me to store the water in the water tub to bathe. Being an Asian, I asked for a scoop, they said, they do not have one. I asked how can I bath with a scoop? They said, you use the drinking glass! Oh my God!
b) The air-con is blasting so noisy and you cannot sleep. Worst of all, the temperature cannot be controlled. There is no remote control. My grandson caught a cold cos of unable to adjust the air-con.
I found out that everything is being adjusted incl. water temperature, air-con and cannot be adjusted. You have to live with it.

Next day, I asked for a refund and checked out immediately. I went to White Lodge, a few houses down the lane and paid for 50% of the Muangphol Mansion cost and have all the luxuries which was not found in Muangphol.

I WILL NEVER, NEVER, NEVER STAY IN THIS HOTEL AGAIN!

HOW CAN THE SHOWER WATER TEMPERATURE & AIR-CON CAN BE CONTROLLED IN A HOTEL? IT IS UTTERLY RIDICULOUS AND INHUMAN!

AVOID THIS HOTEL IF YOU CAN..ESP. IF YOU ARE TRAVELLING WITH SMALL CHILDREN. Don't suffer like me.

Stayed: February 2015, travelled with family
2  Thank Chua H
Reviewed 8 February 2015

I had visited this hotel during January 2015 with 14 persons stay at here for 5 nights. The hotel is a little bit old but overall we were satisfied with the room and the strategic location. It is very convenient to go everywhere especially those shopping malls just around the hotel and there was the night market opposite of Siam Center, Siam Paragon.
**Beware of those taxi driver outside the hotel, they offered cheaper price for taxi fares but will bring you to unnecessary location.**
After experience it, we decided to use skytrain and ferry to visit all of the attraction such as Chatuchak Market, Asiatique, Yaowarat Road, Khao San Road, Wat Arun, Wat Pho and Grand Palace. It was a very nice experience to travel every location by ferry and it was cheap as one day trips just 150 bath. You can save a lot of money.

If you got limited budget, you may go for it.

Room Tip: The room near the escalator is very quite. It is good to sleep without any noise.
  • Stayed: January 2015, travelled with friends