Snake Farm (Queen Saovabha Memorial Institute)
Ranked #17 of 574 things to do in Bangkok
More attraction details
Owner description: Located in the Queen Saovabha Memorial Institute, this organization produces anti-venom serum for snake-bite victims nationwide. * We will be closed on 26th October 2017 due to the Royal cremation *
Reviewed 7 June 2018

My 3 year old and I went to the "Snake Farm" to see the snake handling show. It was fantastic and impressive and super educational. It's the second oldest snake farm in the world at 95 years old. We were in awe with how the handlers work with the snakes and their ability to catch them and mind them.

For anyone that thinks this is some sort of cruel zoo like place, you couldn't be more wrong. It's at a hospital and is there for the education of the Thai people and visitors alike. And more importantly, it's to ensure that they can make antivenom for anyone who is bitten by a snake in Thailand. Bangkok itself has its own fair share of snakes, very venomous ones at that. I'm glad we attended and I would encourage anyone who is making a trip to Bangkok, especially with kids, to head over and see the snakes and the amazing educational show they do.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,549)
All reviews
"couple of hours"
in 26 reviews

Reviewed 4 June 2018

I would call it a "must", when visiting Bangkok. It is easy to find and
near BTS and MRT not far from Silom Road.

1  Thank federspiel108
Reviewed 31 May 2018 via mobile

Second visit to bangkok and second visit here. This time we brought kids.

Very informative and very educational. Kids enjoyed it too and learnt a few things.

The exhibition/museum also really good. And obviously the show is what we came for. Also they are doing this for a very good cause, so it's a must!

Reviewed 29 May 2018

The show is very interesting, but it's very much about the staff demonstrating what happens when you upset a snake. You can see them miking snakes for venom and there is a snake museum that's very informative. This was our second visit. We would go again.