“good apartment that is easily go other place.”
Review of The Plim Place

The Plim Place
Ranked #184 of 728 Bangkok B&B and Inns
Reviewed 9 July 2015

I think that this apartment is pretty good for staying. It's clean, cozy, and easy to afford. It's also easy to go other places because it's beside the main road. Also it have a good location because it's near 2 malls and a 7-11.

Room Tip: The room that is close to the swimming pool
  • Stayed: July 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank Mooshbeam

Reviewed 6 May 2015 via mobile

The staff here hardly speak English so its hard to communicate for important (but simple) things. but which was really unconvinient was the poor quality of their wifi and SO HARD process to connect to it. Avoid this place unless you got no choice I am sure you can find better for this price.

Stayed: May 2015
1  Thank karlou83
Reviewed 17 March 2015

The plim place was an ideal choice for my second stay in bangkok if it's bangkok definitely u should stay and highly recommended The plim place both for location, but mostly for it's service the staff to mentioned a few, Ms Vilma ( front office manger), fo staff apecially the night shift, thank u for the warm welcome) and the lady security who was on duty in the morning shift (assigned in bldg 1) she is really professional The room is really amazing, it's huge, the cleanliness and the interior simple but coozy.. i really feel that the plim place is really a home away from home.. Congratulations! to the owner for the amazing and professional team u have. i will stay again and again and definitely i will recommend the plim place to my friends and family back in san francisco, USA

Room Tip: huge room / clean
  • Stayed: March 2015, travelled with friends
2  Thank padilla0126
Reviewed 14 November 2014

The apartment is typical,clean with extremely basic amenities. The front desk staff were cordial.I asked to print out my boarding pass and to pay for charges but was flatly refused. The room had a coffee maker,not kettle. There were cups,bowls but no hot plate for cooking. So,basically they provided plates,bowls for your takeaway..but no forks,nor spoons except for a tea spoon. There is a 7eleven next door and a small cafe serving coffee and cakes downstairs. We were served our cappuccinos cold because we were told by the girl that we took too long to come back from liaising with the reception. I found that rather rude and brainless of the girl because we orderers and had told her that we would come back. I thought she had some common sense to prepare the coffee when we came back. As a result of that poor thought on her account,we paid but will never go back there for coffee.

Security was good,so that was a plus. No safe in the room as advertised. Wifi was provided although the system to obtain it from the front desk..ie,confirming keyed in password of devices ( 2 per room) was tedious. Wifi on the 4th floor was on and off. So,over all,for me,only good for a short stay on route to Don Meuang Airport..which cost only 120baht.

• Stayed: November 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank ChiwitKongNakMuay
Reviewed 7 October 2014

This property falls into the "Serviced Apartment" category. I have stayed in "Serviced Apartments" in the U.S.A., The Czech Republic, China, and a few other places....and they were all comfy, homey and reasonably nice!

THIS PLACE was basically nothing at all but a college dormitory room with a balcony that you MIGHT be able to fit ONE chair out on, a refrigerator with NO microwave or cooking facilities AT ALL, a TINY bathroom, and that's about it!!! However, it WAS VERY clean!

Wi-Fi was a major disaster and could NOT be caught by my computer (it was an unusual and VERY complicated process that they had for guests to be able to use the Wi-Fi - I just gave up for the first night and used my smartphone as a portable Wi-Fi hotspot. The second night, when I went with my laptop to the receptionist for help regarding the Wi-Fi......she could only offer me a vacant stare as she didn't have a clue HOW to resolve the issue).

Also, NOT happy about the 1000Baht ($33.17USD) ca$h deposit that was NEVER AT ALL mentioned by either Agoda OR by The Plim Place. LUCKILY, I did have cash on me, otherwise they would have done a CHARGE to my credit card and THEN charged the money back ON TO my credit card after my stay, to which they told me that I MYSELF would pay the three percent service charge for doing that!!

"Uhhh....WHY IS IT THAT I MYSELF have to pay the service charge if I put the deposit on the credit card?? It is YOU that are asking ME for the deposit - YOU should absorb this cost, ESPECIALLY since you NEVER MADE THIS DEPOSIT POLICY KNOWN!!!! Can't you just get what is called a pre-authorization on the VISA card like they do for rental cars and at hotels in The U.S.A.??"

I DID see laundry facilities on-site, but did not use them.

The pictures of this place that are featured on Agoda are NOT the "studios" that you are going to get when you check in.

I was greeted with a blank stare by the receptionist when I asked this question!!

Location was nice as it was a 20-minute taxi ride to Don Mueang Airport (EARLY morning/NO traffic - I'm saying maybe 35+ minutes in normal traffic and an hour on the 5:00PM-to-9:00PM-rush-hour) and walking distance to the Major Ratchayothin Mall and cinema complex with a lot of restaurants and an upscale supermarket in it.

So - IF you have nowhere else to stay, you CAN'T afford more than $40USD per night and you MUST be near Don Mueang Airport, this may possibly work for you....otherwise, avoid!

• Stayed: September 2014, travelled solo