“Great fillet steak”

El Gaucho Argentinian Steakhouse
Ranked #294 of 12,891 Restaurants in Bangkok
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Sukhumvit
Description: Retro and modern in a mix of intricate detail and sophisticated simplicity. - Food is our passion and it is our aim to establish the benchmark in Southeast Asia for a contemporary, specialised steakhouse concept. We opened our first restaurant in 2011 and went our way from Saigon to Hanoi, Bangkok to Koh Samui, eight restaurants, and it is still the same joy. We are proud to serve you the finest steakhouse-style food, using only the best available meat products sourced from selected farms in Victoria, New South Wales and individual farmers and ranchers in the United States. This is all about the original flavour of the naturally raised meat, paired with the offer of our own steakhouse classics, as well as a modern approach on ingredients, preparation and combinations. Let your sense of taste be awoken with an aperitif, let the juicy meat melt in your mouth, dive into the latest wine treasures and find in a selection of cigars a peaceful retreat from the bustling world around.
Reviewed 12 June 2016 via mobile

Joining friends to celebrate a special birthday, this is a vibrant, busy restaurant. It has a great atmosphere and excellent service. I chose the smallest fillet steak, cooked rare - and it was perfect. Soft, lean and so tasty. Accompanied by the potato gratin, creamed spinach and grilled asparagus, all washed down with a bottle of Malbec, this was a great evening.

Date of visit: June 2016
Write a ReviewReviews (1,969)

Reviewed 10 June 2016

I have been to El Gaucho at Terminal 21 a few times and it was the first time we had to go (due to staff party at the old place) to the new El Gaucho on Soi 55. Close to the exit and outside the ambiance is nice. Unfortunately we had to sit far inside a cold corner. Like always, the food (especially the meat) was simply excellent. However, even considering the good quality, the prices are too high now. We were three persons, drank only 2 beers each and paid 7'500 Baht.

2  Thank Albert B
Reviewed 8 June 2016

I last reviewed El Gaucho when I was in Bangkok in February. I again dined there last night. In my opinion El Gaucho is definitely one of the best steak houses in Bangkok. Is it the best? I don't know the answer to that.

The quality of the steaks is exceptional and the service is great too. The complimentary hot fresh bread and dips were delicious.

My only criticism is that it is very expensive, especially by Thai standards. My bill last night came to US$100 (I dined by myself) and that was a 350g filet steak, side of fries with pepper sauce and one glass of red wine. This includes a 10% service charge and 7% tax. HOWEVER, they are in a prime location right at Terminal 21 in Bangkok and they do sell premium grades of meat. I would therefore expect that their overheads would be significant.

1  Thank thespgtraveler
Reviewed 7 June 2016 via mobile

Considering the first meal after my touchdown in Hanoi, I would say the food is definitely worth the price. It might be deemed as pricey at a glance, but boy the food is totally worth it. Our meal kinda started out w a starter and 1kg steak for 4. Staffs are friendly and witty too! Worth checking this place out.

Reviewed 6 June 2016

We had dinner here with a party of 6 family members. The ambience was nice but everything else was mediocre at best. My brother and our son both ordered the Wagyu steak which were pretty much the best cuts in the house. The rest of us ordered sirloin and salad. The bill came to almost $950 USD. This is very expensive by Thai standards and even for tourists. None of us ordered alcoholic drinks, only soft drinks and bottled water.
We waited a long time for the food to arrive and we had to ask the waiter several times when the food would arrive. Each time he told us that the chef was making sure that the steaks were cooked to perfection and that was why it took longer. Our food finally arrived after over an hour however the steaks were far from perfection. The outside was charred and the inside was over cooked and dry. No one ordered their steak well done and certainly burnt steak was not a cooking option. Rather disappointing experience.

Date of visit: August 2015

Been to El Gaucho Argentinian Steakhouse? Share your experiences!