“The sauce, the sauce, the sauce”
Review of Yum saap

Yum saap
Ranked #2,922 of 13,772 Restaurants in Bangkok
Cuisines: Asian
Neighbourhood: Pathum Wan
Neighbourhood: Pathum Wan
Reviewed 10 July 2016 via mobile

Came here with my father, he ordered a chicken curry and replaced the roti for rice, I ordered #105 which was rice with spicy fried chicken with chicken & gourt soup, and an original papaya salad to share.
The curry was good, but my dish was better. The deep fried chicken was so crispy and that spicy sauce (which really wasn't spicy at all) was phenomenal. I couldn't get enough of it, it kinda made the soup cease to exist to me. The salads was really nice too.
Overall I'd go back, and order extra sauce.

Date of visit: July 2016
Write a reviewReviews (104)

Reviewed 30 June 2016 via mobile

Yum Saap offers Issan-style food that is tasty and well-prepared at office worker prices. I've eaten here a half-dozen times, and I've never been disappointed. The Tom Yum (green papaya salad), Mama Noodles in their various combinations, roast pork, and many other dishes delicious and satisfying.

The restaurant is especially busy during lunch time, when nearby office workers flood the place, a testimony to its popularity with local Thais.

There are three floors at the Silom branch of this chain of restaurants, so don't be discouraged if the two ground floor tables are filled. Just start climbing the narrow stairs up until you find an available table. (All three floors are air-conditioned.)

Date of visit: June 2016
1  Thank lenscraft-photo
Reviewed 29 June 2016

We were visiting Bangkok and had a meeting at the Chamchuri Square Building. A friend recommended we stop by Yum Saap for some food. We order Seafood Pad Thai and “MaMa” Noodles with Basil (207 THB total.) The Seafood Pad Thai was delicious and the MaMa noodles were okay.

Date of visit: June 2016
Reviewed 18 May 2016 via mobile

Best way to try the northeastern style of thai food. Good selection of food from less spicy to the spiciest. A bit pricey though compared to those at foodcourts. Nevertheless my sisters enjoyed the food.

Date of visit: May 2016
Reviewed 9 May 2016

Very busy restaurant especially during dinner time. We enjoyed the different food my Thai friend ordered for me. There's a set of main dish that comes with rice and other side dishes to go with the meal. You have to pay for water that comes in a plastic bottle. Not consumed water can be returned and not added to the bill.

Date of visit: April 2016