“Waste of Money”

Look In
Ranked #1,709 of 12,721 Restaurants in Bangkok
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Reservations
Description: The Look-in Restaurant, just off Bangkok’s busy Sukhumvit Road, is not on most visitors’ tourist map – not yet. Set in a quiet residential side street one would not necessarily suspect what an extraordinary culinary adventure awaits inside. A glass wall at the end of the fairly narrow ground floor dining room provides a full view of the busy activity of the six cooks in the spotless compact kitchen. A staircase to the left of the entrance takes guests to a peaceful second floor room with polished wood floors, subdued green-brown tones and brick walls highlighted by the beautiful watercolors Read more at Suite101: The Look-in Restaurant, Bangkok: Tradition Meets Fusion | if staying in the Viva gardens appartments that we found through your listings and near sky train at Bang ChatThai and Italian cuisine-only tried the former but it was superb, cheap and the staff were so helpful and welcoming. We ate there twice as we stayed in the Viva gardens and let them recommend dishes for us-all of which were superb.
Reviewed 1 September 2018 via mobile

I have eaten at the finest dining rooms in Bangkok and enjoyed some delicious 'Street Food' in sub-sois in this city for a decade.

This establishment, while beautifully fitted out and with delightfully attired and attentive staff, proved to be an overpriced and lack lustre event.

I had a Pepperoni Piza, the base of which was excellent, however the topping was a sea of tasteless mozarella cheese, some frugal slices of pepperoni and translucent tomato and an awfull smotherinf of aome dried bottle herb.

I couldn't eat it. At 325THB for a glass of House Red wine this is at the upper end ok the BKK price index ans at the bottom end of the pizza rankings.

I most definitely suggest that you spend half as much and go to Bella Napoli in soi 31 and you will get value for money

1  Thank Bradley N

Reviewed 2 July 2018 via mobile

It is now about two years since I was introduced to this restaurant. You can order both Italian and Thai food. Yesterday we had Thai food. The servings are not very big, but the price is reasonable. We ordered 5 different kind of food for 4 people. The food is authentic and very delicious. I will probably visit this restaurant again when I return to Thailand next time.

Reviewed 29 January 2018 via mobile

Nice little cute restaurant. Went around 7 pm and all tables were full! They accommodated me outside since I wanted to drink beer.... no problem! Apparently they will also seat you next door at coffee shop and bring food over (but no beer). I had the chicken and basil - nicely spicy - excellent! Definitely recommend for couples or solo diners!

Reviewed 28 December 2017

Have known about this restaurant for a while but only recently had a chance to try for myself one lunchtime. Nice setting and very nicely decorated restaurant in Thai style.
I nrarely order Thai food in a restaurant (as opposed to a typical Thai shop house or food stall where you generally get the more authentic food) but in this case, I came to try the Thai food rather than the Thai-Italian food.
The Thai food was delicious and will definately make me visit again.

Reviewed 8 April 2017 via mobile

Wanted a decent pizza for dinner and I got it. Great service, beautiful restaurant and good food. The pizzas go for about 430 bht which might be a bit to much but all in all I really enjoyed it.