10,277 results
All reviews krungthep wing horizon club the river riverside lounge chi spa krung thep wing the main hotel balcony room dinner cruise health club thai restaurant evening cocktails our honeymoon breakfast buffet five star hotel wonderful hotel sky train station
Reviewed 1 March 2017

un friendly and superb and must weit for all to mutch time and not speak good the languages and id in the reception very very bett unfriendly and non is interesting in the guestproblems and not work effizient

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with shangri-la.com
SLBK_Shangrilabkk, Manager at Shangri-La Hotel Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded 3 March 2017

Dear ottojosef,

Thank you for writing us your valuable feedback. I regret to read of your dissatisfaction on staff language skills and service. Please accept my sincerest apologies on the disappointment caused since this is not our usual high standard. I would appreciate you sharing more details of your stay with me via phillip.couvaras@shangri-la.com for further investigation.

Reviewed 1 March 2017

I stayed in the Krungthep Wing
The rooms were gorgeous, and the service excellent I had a one bedroom suite which was perfectly appointed, with an eye for detail. My desk was equipped with an office essentials drawer. How sensible. The bathroom was lovely and there was an additional cloakroom. I didn't need this, but I can think of business trips where I would have found it helpful. There is a delightful and well serviced pool area. The dining options are numerous. As part of the benefits of staying in the Krungthep Wing is a complimentary cocktail hour, with good wines and hors d'oeuvres. Tea and coffee is also available in he lounge area all day. With only 24 hours in Bangkok, I opted to spend it all at the hotel. With river frontage, a spa, salon, pool and attentive service why go anywhere else? And I will leave you to look for the hair dryer. It's pretty obvious once you know it's not in the bathroom. A minor detail, but the shower is really easy to work, with a clear temperature adjustment. Why is this so rare in hotels, who generally seem to go out of their way to make the plumbing a mental challenge to the jetlagged guest. I imagine it would also be a good p;lace for a small conference, or office retreat. In short, I highly recommend this hotel. I will be back.

Room tip: Well, I loved my suite in the Krungthrup wing
  • Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear Elaine S,

Thank you very much for trusting your stay with Shangri-La Hotel, Bangkok. I truly appreciate you taking your time to write us your heartening review. I am most proud to read that you had an overall blissful stay and loved our gorgeous room, excellent service, first class amenities, beautiful pool, over-the-top exclusive room benefits and our attention to detail. Indeed, we are not only renowned to be the oasis amidst the hustling and bustling city for leisure guests, but we are also famous for our meetings and events service, which are perfectly catered and personalised to each MICE group. I am already eager to welcome you back to Shangri-La Hotel, Bangkok again in the near future.

Reviewed 1 March 2017 via mobile

We stayed in the Krungthep Wing for 3 nights. Our room was lovely and very spacious. We had beautiful views of the river. The staff were very good and friendly. We had lovely breakfasts and had cocktails and canapés every night. We went on the Dinner River Cruise and it was wonderful. Also the Thai Restaurant was excellent. We would return to the Shangri-la Hotel.

Date of stay: February 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear ShadeUK,

Thank you for trusting your stay with Shangri-La Hotel, Bangkok. I truly appreciate you taking your time to write us your superb review. I am delighted to read that you had an overall lovely stay with us and enjoyed our beautiful room, stunning river view, outstanding service, scrumptious delicacies, Horizon Cruise and Salathip Thai Restaurant. I hope it would not be too long till we get the chance to serve you again.

Reviewed 28 February 2017

Excellent Horizon Club;
Excellent Team with warm hospitality;
Excellent varieties o F&B:
Good Cleanliness and preventive maintenance;
Extra miles always
Overall a very good stay experience. Well done Shangs Bangkok!

• Trip type: Travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with shangri-la.com
SLBK_Shangrilabkk, Manager at Shangri-La Hotel Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded 2 March 2017

Dear A TripAdvisor Member,

Thank you for choosing Shangri-La Hotel, Bangkok! I am delighted to know that you had an overall remarkable stay with us and loved our over-the-top exclusive Horizon Club benefits, professional yet warm hospitality, wide range of scrumptious delicacies and well-maintained hotel decors. I look forward to welcoming you back to Shangri-La Hotel, Bangkok, again soon.

Reviewed 28 February 2017

We stayed here for 3 nights in January and had a fabulous time...friendly staff gave great information relating to local travel options. Right next to the river and able to hop on the river taxi's or boats to visit the temples.

We thoroughly enjoyed our breakfasts!! Surely something for everyone. And wouldn't hesitate to recommend the hotel to people staying in Bangkok.

Date of stay: January 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear bellaeddie,

Thank you for choosing Shangri-La Hotel, Bangkok! I appreciate you taking your time to write us your lovely review. I am pleased to read that you had a fabulous stay with us and loved our outstanding service, first class facilities and scrumptious breakfast buffet spread. I hope to welcome you back to the Land of Smiles again soon!