1,898 results
All reviews german beer house deluxe suite nana bts standard room night life living room restaurants and bars buffet breakfast street food soi nightlife
Reviewed 4 November 2014 via mobile

The best thing about this hotel is its location. Its right in the middle of all the happenings. The streets come to life in the night with restaurants, food carts, pubs, and shops...

The hotel itself was good. The room we stayed in did not have free wifi. And i wlhad to pay for an extra blanket. But the room was really nice.

We had ti check out just after one day as we were in bangkok for medical purposes and had to relocate.

Good hotel... might visit again.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Asif H
GPBangkok, General Manager at Grand President, responded to this reviewResponded 5 November 2014

Dear Sir
Thank you so much for your complimentary review on tripavisor follwoing your stay at Grand President. We were pleased to hear that you was well looked after and that the location was what you were looking for. It is very reassuring for us the get feedback and we look forward to welcome you back in the near future.
With kind regards.
Grand President Team

Reviewed 1 November 2014

Staff didn't even walk us to the room that was on the other side of the street in Tower 3. Its a common courtesy that I experienced in all the other 5 Hotels I stayed during my last visit.

Hotel location looks good on the Map and is near the Skyline/Metro rail. But the street was dirty and completely encroached by small vendors. No proper eatery nearby too.

They were least bothered of the visitors in Tower 3. But still, I was not there for free in a 4 Star Hotel. Rooms in general was soggy since there are no balconies/windows in Bangkok Hotels. Room with allowed Smoking facility that I picked smelled awfully. Better go out and smoke or don't smoke in Bangkok Hotels. I did the same in the other Hotels I tried.

Wi-Fi Horrible too. Didnt get enough signal in my room on the 5th Floor.

Wouldn't recommend to anyone to stay in Tower 3. Tower 1 and 2 were much better but you have little choice when you have already made the payment.

Room Tip: Stay in Tower 1 or 2. Don't take Smoking Rooms.
  • Stayed: October 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank vikkyjiit
GPBangkok, General Manager at Grand President, responded to this reviewResponded 3 November 2014

Dear Sir
We were sorry to read on tripadvisor that you did not enjoy your stay at Grand President. Our Hotel has indeed no balconies and a smoking rooms as requested usually does have a smell of smoke as it is very difficult to get it out. We could have easily changed the room for you if you wished. We will cerainly look at your comment regarding wifi.
We hope nonetheless that you return to Grand President in the future and you can book a deluxe or suite room in Tower 1 or 2.
With best regards.
Grand President

Reviewed 1 November 2014 via mobile

I am in Thailand at least once a year and I always choose Grand President when I am in Bangkok. Whether I'm staying one night or a week I always choose the deluxe suite in tower two with breakfast. The rooms in tower three are cheaper because they are standard rooms but for a little more you can have a suite fit for any weary traveler. The suite has a large bedroom, bathroom, sitting area and kitchen complete with a small washer/dryer. Breakfast is huge and fit for a king. The staff is always friendly and have started to remember me through the years. The location is perfect because it is a few minute walk to the light rail which can take you almost anywhere in the city! I recommend this hotel to all my friends and family and want to recommend it to all of you!

Stayed: October 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 27 October 2014

Booked this place online, as I usually do......looked ok in the pictures......and budget price tag.....and i am familiar with this location......and was sent across the street to Tower 3
I tolerated the noise and racket from adjoining rooms, for several hours.....then stormed across the street to reception and complained forcefully about the noise.....but what triggered my complaint was that there was NO TOOTHPASTE......stupidly.....I had left ours behind with my wifes family, knowing that hotels ALL have little tubes of toothpaste.....but not this one
One may say what a trivial thing to complain about......and that is true.......
So they did the noble thing and upgraded us to a better room in Tower 2
Well thank you to Grand President Hotel......for upgrading us to a good room....and the big breakfasts
The message of this review is.........be aware which part of this hotel you stay in.....Tower 3 appeals to certain types of travelers......not family types

• Stayed: September 2014, travelled as a couple
GPBangkok, General Manager at Grand President, responded to this reviewResponded 28 October 2014

Dear Sir
Thank you for taking the time to write feedback of your stay at Grand Presdient on tripadvisor. Tower 3 is our standard room tower and offers normal amenities relating to price, hence yes, we do not have toothpaste in the bathroom. We are glad though that yopu enjpyed the upgrade and the larger suite rooms in tower 2 and also appreciate that you found our breakfast to be big with many varieties of food.
We look forward to welcome you back in the future.
With best regards.
Grand President

Reviewed 27 October 2014

Stayed for 4 nights at this hotel. The staff are helpful, the rooms are clean and of a big size compared to others in the area for the price. It is slightly less modern than it looks on the website, however I am yet to find a better hotel in this area for the same money I paid, so overall happy and will stay here again next time.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
GPBangkok, General Manager at Grand President, responded to this reviewResponded 27 October 2014

Dear Sir
It was a pleasure reading your comment about Grand President on tripadvisor and we would like to thank you for that. We appreciate that you found our Hotel to be of great value for money and that the room was of a good size. We are indeed conveniently located for anyone to stay with us as entertainment and shopping are all very nearby.
We hope to welcome you back one day and remain.
With kind regards.