1,898 results
All reviews german beer house deluxe suite nana bts standard room night life living room restaurants and bars buffet breakfast street food soi nightlife
Reviewed 21 October 2011

i had a great stay at the grand president Bangkok in Oct 2011. the service & hospitality was excellent & the staff was very courteous. It is also very well connected to the sky train stations Nana & Asoke enabling one easy connectivity throughout bangkok.The rooms were also very well priced. Wish the grand president team all the best to do better in the future.Cheers.Dev Lekhi

Room Tip: we stayed in room 560. it was v quiet & there was no noise during the nights.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 October 2011

I've stayed at more than 15 hotels in Bangkok over the last 3 years. This was by far my most disappointing experience. I traveled far from America and after my 21 hours of flying I was looking forward to the hotel. I arrived at 330pm, the room was not ready and it took over 2 hours before they took me to a room located above a restaurant across the street. I booked a non smoking room and the photos were nothing like the room I entered. When you got off the elevator you could see the smoke in the hallway. I stated to the bellman I requested a non smoking room and he said he was aware. Apparently the floor we were on was non smoking but they cannot control the folks on the floor above and the vents bring the smoke down to the floor I was on.
After the first night, no hot water, smoke everywhere and the smell of new paint evident I went to the manager. They offered to send me to another hotel as they stated all the rooms were the same. They took me to another room in the 2nd wing and showed me a room which was identical to the photos I saw on Agoda. They offered me the room and I said yes and then after they charged me 1000 baht more per night (about $33.00 US).
If I wasn't so tired I certainly would have left and fought the booking through the internet company used. However I didn't do that and I paid the price. I would recommend staying far away from this hotel if your into standard rooms. Suites were fine because that's what they showed me next. However you wind up paying for it!

Room Tip: Insist on not staying in Tower 3 or you will be miserable.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
GPBangkok, General Manager at Grand President, responded to this reviewResponded 28 October 2011

Dear LoveitinA…,

Thank you for posting the review and I regret you were disappointed with your stay.

As you had a series of problems, we investigated what went wrong at our end and were able to find out that;

We had a full house on the day you arrived but were able to give you room 774 at 1:30p.m., a little earlier than our normal check-in time of 2 p.m.
On reaching the floor you noticed the smoke smells and requested a non-smoking room (which was not mentioned in the reservation). We then moved you to room 563 at 3:30p.m.

Unfortunately room 563 had smells of smoke and paint and I believe you wanted to check out two weeks earlier than planned. As we did not want to lose your custom,our Duty Manager offered you a Deluxe Suite at an additional cost of B.1,000.
The Deluxe Suite would normally have cost B.2,200 more than the room you reserved but we offered you this special rate as we had inconvenienced you by giving you 563 which had problems.

Nonetheless, we are at fault for not ensuring you were happy with your stay of 16 days when you departed and I offer you our apologies.

Should you plan to return to Grand President in the future, we wish to offer you a complimentary upgrade to the next room type.
I do hope you will consider our offer as an attempt to make amends and ensure you have a more enjoyable stay.

Kind Regards,

M.N.Apaya
Vice President,
President Park Group.
C/O Grand President

Reviewed 18 October 2011

Although I was only staying for one night the staff at Grand President upgraded me from a standard room to a delux 1 bedroom suite.

I did not ask for this, it was a courtesy to me. the room was great as was the service.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 16 October 2011

I stayed for five weeks in Tower 2 of the Grand President Bangkok during a business trip. The royal sweet was very comfortable and the service friendly and helpful. The hotel provides a good safety concept. In conclusion I enjoyed the stay very much.

Room Tip: Grand President hotel is located in one of the most busiest sois in Bangkok, so it is a good idea to choose a room on the higher floors.
Reviewed 15 October 2011

I am staying at the Grand President since years and I am very happy about Service and Comfort. Rooms have been renovated and look nice and clean. Also the location at Soi 11 (Sukhumvit) is very good. Reception staff is friendly and helpful. If you have any problems ask for Ms. Mariam, she is very professional and finds efficient solutions for all your requests. All other staff is great too. A good place to stay.

Room Tip: I do prefer to stay in tower 1 and tower 3. Tower 2 can be a little noisy sometimes (street and large birdcage nearby). Avoid the taxis waiting outside of the hotel, stop one that is driving along the street.

Dear AndBit,

Thank you for the review. Mariam does have a skill for problem solving and is a real asset to Grand President.
It’s nice of you to mention her in the review and we’ve passed on your compliments to her.

Kind Regards,