Grand Hyatt Erawan Bangkok
Amari.com
USD 83*
USD 69*
Amari.com
Prime Hotel Central Station Bangkok(Bangkok)(Great Value!)
USD 65*
USD 131*
USD 102*
HotelsClick
4,025 results
All reviewslower lobbydiamond membercentral worldthe club loungef bsiam paragonexcellent locationfour seasonsbusiness tripbusiness hoteleasy accessbreakfast spreadluxury hotelbts stationshopping mallspassogh
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 22 January 2012

This was a nice hotel in a great location. It has all the great amenities and the spa was beautiful. The rooms are quite nice and hopefully you will get a great view. The prices were higher than other hotels but that is to be expected when it rates as one of the best buffets in Bangkok. It came highly recommended by a Thai acquaintance while I was in Washington, DC. You can eat in the hotel but you can get cheaper meals close by. It is a great hotel in a great location but there are better deals in Thailand if you are looking for something cheaper. Additionally, the staff here was quite helpful and friendly. I highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a view of the front so you have a better view.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Heather G
Reviewed 19 January 2012

I have just returned from yet another blissful, glorious visit to Grand Hyatt Erawan, an extraordinary experience that frankly makes other luxury hotels in Bangkok and elsewhere pale in comparison. Grand Hyatt is more than a hotel – it is an experience shaped by the highly skilled and deeply committed staff who welcome guests with amazing warmth and ensure a visit that is refreshing, relaxing and incredibly endearing. The Grand Club is simply perfection, with a staff and leadership that shines every day and every night. After 15 years of regular visits to the hotel, the team at the Grand Club has become family to me and, more compelling, have embraced me as family too. They are, quite simply, “best in class,” and I am truly honored to know them all. Similarly, the team at the pool are phenomenal – thoughtful, attentive and capable of knowing my every need even before I do! The spa is equally divine – beautifully managed an utterly relaxing. And it doesn’t end there – the front desk, the bellmen who greet you with genuine pleasure and even the security team who welcome me back yearly with the kind of confidence that calms even the most nervous traveler – are all testament to a hotel that clearly and convincingly demonstrates year after year that excellence in hospitality IS achievable. Grand Hyatt Erawan is a brilliant jewel of uncommon clarity – and increasingly rare in a marketplace that views travelers as commodities and service as a challenge. If Bangkok is on your itinerary, then Grand Hyatt ought to be there too!

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank David H
Reviewed 19 January 2012

Stayed there before Christmas - superb location and a great hotel. Rooms not brand new, but very well fitted out and still stylish and smart. Some rooms have great views over the race course - we were lucky and had the view. Even though right on a very busy junction, pool area is surprisingly relaxing, spa is very nice (not cheap). Good food at various hotel outlets - Tables is excellent. Wine bar has all afternoon happy hour. Convenient for Sky Train. (Traffic can be pretty bad in rush hour.) Staff and service were both top notch.

Room Tip: Ask for race/golf course view
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank William O
Reviewed 17 January 2012

This wasn't my first stay at the Grand Hyatt Erawan Hotel, I chose to come back to this hotel after having spent many childhood vacations here with my parents. It was exactly as I remembered it; unique lobby, friendly staff and incredible service. On this holiday we stayed here twice, upon our arrival in Bangkok in December and also when we returned to our home country in January. Both occasions were fantastic.

We booked a club room which meant we had free wifi as well as access to the club floor where afternoon snacks were served complimentary for club floor guests. These snacks were very tasty and we got the opportunity to try different ones as they varied day to day! The nice thing about being on a club floor is that you have your own reception desk as opposed to having to go to the ground floor to go to the main reception desk. This meant that check-in and check-out where very quiet and smooth and we never had to wait for assistance. Rooms were pretty standard but nonetheless very comfortable. Yes, as some reviewers agree, they are slightly outdated, however that did not bother us too much.

We ordered room service a few times and on all occasions the food was delivered within 30 minutes. The people were very friendly, helpful and knowledgeable on the room service menu and were able to accommodate all of my requests, which I find a lot of hotels lack. The food was, not to our surprise, of high standards and rich in taste. On our second stay we were, again, on the club floor but were given a room next to the elevator. We only noticed the loud noises coming from the elevator shaft when we returned from a day of shopping and it was already 11PM. After calling reception we were moved within 10 minutes to an identical room further down the hall where it was much quieter. The next day we received a box of macaroons with an apology letter saying that this disturbance had been noted in our guest profile and we wouldn't be put next to the elevator again in future stays! Staying next to the elevator was indeed very noisy, but the way the reception team handled it was very professional and I did not expect to get such a lovely card and macaroons.

We used the concierge's services a few times and the gentleman behind the desk was very friendly and helpful (I am sad to say I did not catch his name). He organised ringside boxing tickets for us (which were fantastic!), gave us information about day tours and also told us where to go for good shopping and tattoo parlours. We must have spent easily one hour at the concierge desk but the gentleman was very keen to help.

Generally we found that all the staff were amazing. Everyone smiled, asked us how we were doing and if they could help us with anything. This is a good city hotel because you are in central Bangkok and within walking distance of a lot of nearby attractions. There are also several Sky Train (Metro) stations in the vicinity, the nearest one being 5 minutes away and called Ratchadamri station. If you don't like to take the train, you have the option of walking either next to the roads or on elevated passages above the roads which take you to a lot of different places.

Upon our next trip to Bangkok, it would not be difficult for us to decide to stay here again. The answer would definitely be yes!

Room Tip: All club floor rooms are nice, but generally speaking, do not go for a room next to the elevator as they are rather noisy!
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mrs_Tyagi
Reviewed 16 January 2012

My boyfriend and I took few weeks before finally decided to stay with Hyatt for our year end holiday. And was a great decision as from the day we arrived we experienced nothing but excellent and professional service also very friendly. Good food in Grand Club Lounge too. A very good value for money as we have breakfast and happy hours included in our room rate. The location is also good as easily connected to BTS (sky train). We are thinking to be back for Easter as we just missed the services and all the good food there. Thank you for making our stay a memorable one.

• Stayed: December 2011