2,857 results
All reviewschocolate buffetthai restaurantzuk bargarden suitebeautiful hotelsathorn roadan executive suitehealth clubbusy citycoffee machinethe banyan treebusiness districtconcierge deskluxury hotelpool sideour honeymoonceladon
Reviewed 27 October 2012

It's a dream to stay there !!! Everything is wonderful....from the rooms to the pool, and service is the best... They can provide with any service for you. And try the Spa !!! Breakfast is gorgeous and room service aswell.Go to stay there, you will not regret it !!!

Room Tip: Pool view is much better than garden view
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo
TheSukhothaiBangkok, Manager at The Sukhothai Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded 29 October 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review on Trip Advisor. It’s a pleasure to hear that you had a lovely time staying with us. We are pleased to learn that you enjoy our facilities from the room to the pool and Spa Botanica as well as the food from our breakfast and room service.

Hope we will have a chance to welcome you back again.

Reviewed 25 October 2012

Love this place. Peaceful in the middle of Bangkok is hard to do, but this place does it superbly..The food is excellent, the place is spotless, but to my mind what makes this one of the (if not the best) hotel I regularly stay in is the service and staff attitude..always smiling, knowledgeable and really nothing is any trouble... If I could fault it, it would be the way the swimming pool doesn't get the sun much after 3pm... but that would be a little harsh...

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank OlliebeakLondon
TheSukhothaiBangkok, Manager at The Sukhothai Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded 26 October 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your compliment review on Trip Advisor. We are delighted to learn that you enjoy your recent stay with us and that our service, staff and food were met your satisfaction. Hope we will have a chance to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed 21 October 2012

We used always to stay at Mandarin Oriental or Peninsula in Bangkok. We now have stayed for the first time at the Sukothai. It's centrally located, staff is very friendly. The room was not as nice as at the Mandarin or Peninsula. A bit more old fashioned. Breakfast in the morning was quite nice. The gym is very well equipped and very good. The pool area is OK. It's a large pool and good for swimming, but the atmosphere was not so relaxing.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Henry S
TheSukhothaiBangkok, Manager at The Sukhothai Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded 25 October 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback on Trip Advisor. We are delighted to learn that our hotel location, staff and facilities were met your satisfaction and we hope in the near future we would be able to welcome you back again.

Reviewed 21 October 2012

I travel frequently to Bangkok on business, and often times will spend the weekend after business, a nice break from my home in Bangkok. I have stayed in several hotels in Bangkok, and there are many excellent options. The Sukhothai is my my first choice. I eventually came across this hotel a few years ago when looking for a hotel option closer to my office on Sathorn street, and the Sukhotai is only a few minutes walk from this hotel. Prior to the Sukhothai I always tended to stay at hotels on the river such as the ShangriLa and the Krungthep, also excellent choices. However, the Sukhothai is now my first choice. It has the feel of an intimate boutique hotel, yet all of the amenities of a large chain hotel. There are two parts to this hotel. A new wing, and then the old wing. I have stayed in both, and the new wing is preferable as the rooms are substantially larger. Also noteworthy is the fact that the full service gym, spa, and swimming pool are in this part of the hotel. The rooms are very large, decorated to perfection, and the beds so comfortable it is hard for me to pull myself out in the morning. Service is as good as anywhere in the world. I am not a room service person, and at this hotel I would recommend breakfast at the poolside restaurant. As for the pool, it is olympic in size (another big plus for me as I swim laps on most mornings), and the gym is large and fully equipped. There is also a traditional Thai restaurant in its own little pagoda surrounded by a koi pond. It is exceptional. I have only ever stayed in this hotel on business, but I would also recommend it for a romantic getaway.

Room Tip: Stay in the new wing, facing the pool
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
TheSukhothaiBangkok, Manager at The Sukhothai Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded 22 October 2012

Dear Guest,

On behalf of our management, thank you for this wonderful review. We are glad to learn that you enjoy your stay with us and prefer our hotel as your first choice. We truly appreciated your kind compliments on our accommodation, facilities and the services. Hope in the near future, we will have a chance to welcome you back again.

Best regards,

Reviewed 20 October 2012

I first visited the Sukhothai in 1999. I was blown-away by the design, the sense of peace and serenity in crazy Bangkok. This is the second stay in 2012, the standard remains very high. There are more impressive hotels, but the Sukhothai has retained and expanded the commitment to quiet, exquisite service through the years. I strongly recommend it as a place to stay. After two days here you feel loved and reborn.

Room Tip: Small rooms can be really small and quite dark.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
TheSukhothaiBangkok, Manager at The Sukhothai Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded 28 December 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review on Trip Advisor and chosen to revisit The Sukhothai Bangkok. We are truly appreciated your compliment on our hotel standard and services. We hope to see you returning again in the not too far future.