2,618 results
All reviews four seasons spice market restaurant kasara lounge beautiful lobby beautiful hotel grand hyatt central world junior suite breakfast buffet bts station thai food shopping concierge siam gym train luxury
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

The Anantara is a very good hotel, but their standards have slipped since my last stay in 2016.   I had recommended it to family and friends in the past, but now with reduced quality of service, I would go to another of the fine nearby hotels instead.

The room is comfortable and well appointed, but in many ways, as in many business hotels, it appeared almost to be a retail store.  Touch this it will cost 300 Baht, touch that and it's 200 Baht. At this price point they could be a bit more generous.

Here are examples of how service has slipped:

On arrival we were warmly greeted.  Good. But they had no record that I had booked lounge access.  That's partly my fault as when I booked via Expedia I didn't check that my printed receipt proved that.   So I cannot hold that against them. But the only way they offered to help as to charge me more. I declined.

I was asked if I wanted a daily newspaper.   I asked for the Bangkok Post. It never appeared on any morning of my stay.

I was told our bags would be brought up to the room right away.   That took 45 minutes, delaying our departure for dinner. (The same thing happened the last time I was here, but then I arrived at midnight with terrible jet lag and the delay kept me from going to sleep).

I told the hotel that it was my wife's birthday.   They said they would send up a cake. They didn't.

The breakfast room was mobbed.   When the egg line was long, to his credit the manager stepped in and took orders.  Good! When the electricity went out, he assured everyone it would be back in five minutes, and it was.  Good. When our server failed to bring coffee in 10 minutes, he stepped in to get us coffee. Nice! But perhaps better would be to have a more efficient and less crowded area where you order eggs, and deliver coffee right away.

The concierge was very helpful.  Great! The woman on the front door always pleasant.  The staff in the halls always kind. The service culture is there, and they know how to do it.  But they could return to their previous standard. Overall, the Anantara is a very good hotel, but no longer excellent.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
PAB77, ผู้จัดการทั่วไป at Anantara Siam Bangkok Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Dear EC13091,

Greeting from Anantara Siam Bangkok Hotel.

I sincerely thank you for your feedback which is helpful in our efforts to continuously improve service levels in all areas of the hotel and for all guests coming to Anantara. I am terribly disappointed to read that during your stay you experienced several difficulties and I am sorry that we did not send the cake to the room in your wife's special day as we promised. Please rest assured that I would take your feedback seriously and would discuss with our team to make sure these mentioned shortfalls will not happen again in the future.

I do hope we have an opportunity to welcome you back to Anantara Siam and it would be my utmost pleasure to be your contact for any future arrangements.

With my warmest regards, I remain,

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Friendly, smiling, helpful staff - they are just out of this world. Highly responsive team. Great location if you need to do some work or shopping in the city, close to the metro. Big guest convenience in the room - rooms were certainly prepared with guest needs being top of mind and there is a large range of amenities available . There is a very useful smart phone in the room to keep you up to date. WiFi speed is great. Loved the breakfast quality and large selection. Try the swimming pool - enjoy the amazing service there. Rooms close to the pub may be a slight nuisance to light sleepers. Most supervision staff can converse easily in English in case you get language challenges.
Well done hotel General Manager for the hospitality!

Will certainly be back!!

Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business

Dear Kueben2B,

Greeting from Anantara Siam Bangkok Hotel and allow me to express our gratitude for letting us know your valuable opinion.

We are truly delighted to learn that you had a wonderful time during this visit with us and hope to welcome you back again in the not too distance future.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Great venue with lovely rooms. Service of the hotel staff is exceptional, especially in the Club Lounge. In house restaurants were also surprisingly good. A great choice to stay in Bangkok with a more relaxed feel than the big chains.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Minor Hotels

Dear jwinter286,

Thank you for writing about your experience with Anantara Siam Bangkok here.

I appreciate all of your positive comments that you have mentioned. The team and I at the hotel are beyond pleased to hear that your stay was comfortable and you greatly enjoyed with our services and facilities.

Once again, thank you for choosing to stay with us. Everyone here at Anantara Siam Bangkok is excited to see you again in your next visit to Bangkok.

Best Regards,

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Yesterday 19th September 2018, We were invited by Nepal Embassy for National Day of Nepal. It was great service.
The parking lot is very easy. Not need to go far away.
The area is also Located Near the Heart of Bangkok.
Love it.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled with friends

Dear Kenny C,

Greeting from Anantara Siam Bangkok Hotel. There is nothing more encouraging than knowing that you had a wonderful time during this visit with us.

Should you wish to make any arrangements, please do feel free to reach out to myself or one of our management teams.

Best regards,

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

It was very convenient from Location. Everything was basically close by. THe closest Mall was the Gaysorn Village. Staff and hospitality, Anantara never lets you down on this aspect. Their Spa is open until 2 am. Very convenient after a long day.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
PAB77, ผู้จัดการทั่วไป at Anantara Siam Bangkok Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear nalrais,

Warm greeting from Anantara Siam Bangkok Hotel.

Thank you for your kind feedback and we are happy to learn that you had memorable stay with us in your recent visit Bangkok. I delightfully read your feedback. Thanks again for choosing us as your preferred venue.

Now we hope we will have another opportunity to welcome you back to Anantara Siam Bangkok and please do not hesitate to contact me for any future arrangements.

Warm Regards,