4,775 results
All reviews bamboo bar across the river floor butler author's lounge china house sala rim naam lord jim best hotels in the world grand dame riverside terrace garden wing cooking school thai restaurant butler service view of the river chao phraya river hotel boat
Reviewed 20 October 2017 via mobile

Visited with husband and friends (who had been before and recommended it). It was lovely. Nice location on the river bank. Great breakfast on the terrace. Lovely meal at the Verandah restaurant. Welcome cocktail drinks was appreciated. Afternoon tea in the Authors Lounge was fab... Two options were good. Service outstanding. Room... Great with lovely view. Housekeeping...outstanding...very clean and flowers on the pillow every night with an authors quote was a lovely touch. Always someone outside the lift to welcome us to our room. Nice pool...cold drinks given when we arrived. Really enjoyed the stay....if I ever go back to Bangkok I would definitely stay there.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
3  Thank SKKBmouth
MOBangkok, Hotel Manager at Mandarin Oriental, Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded 27 October 2017

Dear SKKBmouth,

Thank you very much for choosing us as your address in Bangkok and for sharing your lovely feedback on TripAdvisor. We are delighted to learn that you enjoyed all elements of your stay. My colleagues and I truly hope to welcome you and your husband back at Mandarin Oriental, Bangkok very soon.

Reviewed 19 October 2017

We just attended the hotel for some afternoon tea on the terrace. But a small tour of the property showed that despite recent renovation to the historical wings the hotel is not really improving and still living of its prestigious past.
Most notably is the service levels. Very few staff, not looking very happy, not greeting you. My wife had the baby in its arm at the hotel entrance, he let his toy fall down, the door lady didn't move, it took 5 seconds for the security man to help. Clearly in comparison with our hotel the peninsula day and night. It seems the hotel is more happy with 70+ years old guests. We will wait until we reach that age to try again.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank AsiaLovers
MOBangkok, Hotel Manager at Mandarin Oriental, Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded 21 October 2017

Dear AsiaLovers,

Thank you very much for your review on TripAdvisor. We are indeed sad for having failed to offer you the renowned Oriental hospitality experience. Please accept our apologies on this incident. Your comments are taken very seriously and will be taken on board for future improvement.

Could you contact me on my e-mail fdroin@mohg.com in order for me to understand better this isolated incident?

Reviewed 13 October 2017

Everything leads to pleasure and relaxation at the Mandarin Oriental Bangkok.......service is of the best nature and all outlets offer excellent standards......a must see or stay during your next trip to Bangkok..

Stayed: November 2016
2  Thank Serge S

Dear Serge S,

Thank you so much for your feedback. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and very much look forward to welcoming you back to our ‘Grande Dame’ in the not too distance future.

Reviewed 12 October 2017

The Mandarin Oriental Hotel, Bangkok, formerly, The Oriental Hotel is one of the landmark hotels of Asia that has been around forever. Quite simply, it is a great hotel.

The Oriental is over a hundred years old and it has been serving travelers to Bangkok for all of those years. Its current structure is certainly not that old but its roots in history remain. Today, it is a five-star hotel with all of the enmities that one would expect. But, what I love about this hotel is the subtle elements that it offers its guest that really make it a unique and worthwhile place to stay. Whether it is having coffee out on the deck, overlook the Chao Praya, at the Riverside Terrance, having a drink inside, in air conditioned comfort, at the bamboo bar, or eating at one of the great themed restaurants housed inside the hotel, this hotel is really the place to stay in Bangkok.

Personally, I have been staying here since the early 1980s. I have watched as the hotel has evolved. Whereas some of the five-star hotels in Bangkok seem to deteriorate with time, this is not the case with the Mandarin Oriental. The rooms, the services, and the staff continue to stay at the top of the game.

In terms of the rooms, they are what can be expected from a five-star hotel in Asia. They are clean and well-maintained. The most impressive thing is the incredible view they provide of the Chao Praya River and Bangkok beyond. I have sat in my room and on the deck of their veranda watching the boats and the Bangkok life pass by on the river for hours on end. The view is great!

Getting to The Mandarin Oriental from the airport is simple enough. Grab a taxi and you are there. This is the same when you are out and about in Bangkok. Whether you are traveling via taxi or tuk-tuk, every driver knows how to get to the Mandarin Oriental. So, you never have a problem getting back to the hotel.

In terms of pricing, truthfully, this hotel is pretty much at the top of the Bangkok pricing scale. And, yes, there are much cheaper four and five-star hotels to stay in in Bangkok. But, if you want a guaranteed experience, then it is worth the price you pay to stay at this hotel. But, that is just my opinion…

I have personally had a lot of very good and unique experiences while staying at this hotel. I do recommend it.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled solo

Dear applezen,

Thank you so much for being our regular guests and for your kind review on TripAdvisor. It was our great pleasure to welcome you back once again. We are extremely delighted to learn that you had a wonderful experience during your recent stay with us by the River of Kings and that our legendary Oriental service having impressed you. I have shared your kind words with our team, they were delighted to hear your feedback. We hope to have another opportunity of serving you again in the not too distant future

Reviewed 12 October 2017 via mobile

A beautiful hotel, lovely style in the public areas and in the room. Many restaurants to choose from - inside and out - our favorite was the Italian restaurant outside on the river. The gym is very nice - but a bit inconvenient to get to as you have to take a 5 min boat ride to the property across the river (same with the spa).

Definitely book a room on the river. Pretty central to walk around and lots of good local shopping.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
MOBangkok, Hotel Manager at Mandarin Oriental, Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded 16 October 2017

Dear WinemeUp345,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your review on TripAdvisor. I am glad to learn that you had a wonderful stay with us at Mandarin Oriental, Bangkok. My colleagues and I assured you that we will continue to enhance our legendary standards as well as service so that your next visit will be another pleasant and enjoyable one!