4,775 results
All reviews bamboo bar across the river floor butler author's lounge china house sala rim naam lord jim best hotels in the world grand dame riverside terrace garden wing cooking school thai restaurant butler service view of the river chao phraya river hotel boat
Reviewed 29 September 2017 via mobile

This was our second visit to the Mandarin Oruental, albeit 10 years apart! Stayed here after visiting Singapore for the Grand Prix, what can I say absolutely outstanding in every way. The staff are friendly and efficient without being intrusive. The level of service is set by the attention to detail in every aspect, nothing is too much trouble. It's a must stay if your in Bangkok. Must not leave another 10 years before we visit again. Superb

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
MOBangkok, Hotel Manager at Mandarin Oriental, Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded 3 October 2017

Dear Sue W,

Thank you very much for your wonderful feedback and for coming back to Mandarin Oriental, Bangkok! I am glad to learn that you had a remarkable time with us and that our renowned Oriental had impressed you. Please visit us again as we look forward to make your next visit another pleasant and memorable one!

Reviewed 28 September 2017

It was my 4th visit in 18 years. In the past I have stayed in the River Wing (deluxe room, executive suite, author's suite) and this time I wanted to try the Garden Wing which has been completely refurbished recently.

I stayed in Garden Room #357. With only 35sqm the lay-out is absolutely perfect. Many junior suites twice this size are less good! Please note the bathroom is still very small (shower only, no tub) so may be it is better for single occupancy. For a couple / longer stay you should probably chose a suite. Complmentary mini-bar (actually fully stocked fridge) is a nice touch. All modern facilities / appliances are there.

The hotel is everything you can expect from a luxury property. I joined friends who where staying at the Shangri-La nearby. I asked to take the Oriental boat at the reception, by the time I reached the hotel pier the boat was already waiting.

Breakfast by the Chao Phraya river is always very special.

The MO Bangkok is a no brainer, just try it :)

Room Tip: Renovated Garden Wing is a gem!
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Happiness802873

Dear edric&Pierre,

Thank you for sharing this delightful review with us on TripAdvisor and for being our regular guest. I am glad to learn that you had a wonderful experience during your stay with us and that our Legendary Oriental service and the wonderful breakfast by the Chao Phraya River had impressed you. All my colleagues and I at Mandarin Oriental, Bangkok would love to welcome you back again in the not too distant future!

Best Regards,

Reviewed 24 September 2017

4 nights here after the Singapore Grand Prix - my first visit to Bangkok for 30 years! It's changed, but the Oriental is still very special. Exceptional staff, with attention levels if anything slightly OTT, but that's a problem we can all handle. Within minutes of arriving our butler was offering to polish shoes etc etc. Downstairs is not as eye popping as I remember - fat too much brown furniture and hanging lights all added to a rather dingy atmosphere. But it is still wonderful and breakfast on the terrace has to be one of the greatest pleasures on earth.

Room Tip: Pay for river view
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear Businessman69,

We are delighted to learn that you had a wonderful experience during your stay with us and that our renowned Oriental service as well as our breakfast by the River of Kings having impressed you. All my colleagues and I at Mandarin Oriental, Bangkok would love to welcome you back again in the not too distant future!

Reviewed 23 September 2017

Returned to the Oriental after some 25 years.
Charming hotel, impecable service and warm welcome from the entire staff.
Room service and housekeeping are outstanding.
Fantastic location on the river bank.
Public areas, bar and restaurants all very good, my favorite being the terrace by the river.
The only less positive aspect would be in my opinion the rooms themselves. Although they are comfortable, well furnished and with great bathrooms, the architecture of the tower does not help. Very few have terraces and those that exist are incredibly small.
Most rooms have windows that do not open at all, which makes them very claustrophobic. By comparison the Shangri-la next door was far better planned.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo

Dear francisco s

Thank you so much for your kind review on TripAdvisor. I truly appreciate your constructive feedback and please rest assured that we will look into your comment regarding the room with the respective department for future improvement. It was most kind of you to have brought the matter to our attention since this allows us to properly improve our overall performance in order to meet our guest needs and expectations.

Reviewed 21 September 2017 via mobile

On my visit i decided to stay here. And then it changed into a good decision. Very helping staff very good hospitality. Everyone must visit it and you will fond of it. Quality of food was very fine. I recommend this to everyone.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo
MOBangkok, Hotel Manager at Mandarin Oriental, Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded 25 September 2017

Dear Humza S,

Thank you very much for choosing us as your address in Bangkok and for sharing your fantastic feedback on TripAdvisor. We are delighted to learn that you enjoyed all elements of your stay.

We will make sure that our standards of service are maintained and continually improved to meet and exceed your expectations during your future visits. I hope to welcome you back at Mandarin Oriental, Bangkok very soon.