Having been here so many times it is still just as good and of such a high standard that it would be very difficult to find anything any better.
Their own high standards have been maintained from when we first stayed here in about 2005.
Bangkok is still such a fascinating place but incredibly busy with the volume of traffic.
We love it here, there is always something to look at on the river, the staff are marvellous, keen to serve and most of them even take the trouble to remember your name.
Quite how they are trained to learn this is just mind blowing when I can’t even recall what happened this morning!!
Look forward to stoping off here again on our next trip to South East Asia.
If you find this review helpful I would really appreciate a helpful vote
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Built in 1876 and ideally located on the banks of the Chao Phraya River, Mandarin Oriental, Bangkok, has been an inspiration to a host of world-renowned writers from Joseph Conrad, Somerset Maughamto Wilbur Smith and John Le Carre. Mandarin Oriental, Bangkok boasts an international reputation for splendid service, style and grace and facilities including eight restaurants. The hotel's private teakwood shuttle boats provide daily access to the world famous Thai Cooking School, the hotel's Thai restaurant, the award-winning Oriental Spa and Health Centre located across the River; as well as the nearest skytrain station (SaphanTaksin) and River City Shopping Centre. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Mandarin Oriental, Booking.com, Wotif.com, Expedia APAC, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Hooroo Pty Ltd, lastminute.com.au, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Mandarin Oriental, Bangkok reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mandarin Oriental, Bangkok Hotel Bangkok
- Oriental Bangkok
- Oriental Hotel Bangkok
- Bangkok Mandarin Oriental