4 nights here after the Singapore Grand Prix - my first visit to Bangkok for 30 years! It's changed, but the Oriental is still very special. Exceptional staff, with attention levels if anything slightly OTT, but that's a problem we can all handle. Within minutes of arriving our butler was offering to polish shoes etc etc. Downstairs is not as eye popping as I remember - fat too much brown furniture and hanging lights all added to a rather dingy atmosphere. But it is still wonderful and breakfast on the terrace has to be one of the greatest pleasures on earth.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Built in 1876 and ideally located on the banks of the Chao Phraya River, Mandarin Oriental, Bangkok, has been an inspiration to a host of world-renowned writers from Joseph Conrad, Somerset Maughamto Wilbur Smith and John Le Carre. Mandarin Oriental, Bangkok boasts an international reputation for splendid service, style and grace and facilities including eight restaurants. The hotel's private teakwood shuttle boats provide daily access to the world famous Thai Cooking School, the hotel's Thai restaurant, the award-winning Oriental Spa and Health Centre located across the River; as well as the nearest skytrain station (SaphanTaksin) and River City Shopping Centre. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Mandarin Oriental, Booking.com, Expedia APAC, Wotif.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Hooroo Pty Ltd, lastminute.com.au, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Mandarin Oriental, Bangkok reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mandarin Oriental, Bangkok Hotel Bangkok
- Oriental Bangkok
- Oriental Hotel Bangkok
- Bangkok Mandarin Oriental