4,775 results
All reviews bamboo bar across the river floor butler author's lounge china house sala rim naam lord jim best hotels in the world grand dame riverside terrace garden wing cooking school thai restaurant butler service view of the river chao phraya river hotel boat
Reviewed 23 September 2017

Returned to the Oriental after some 25 years.
Charming hotel, impecable service and warm welcome from the entire staff.
Room service and housekeeping are outstanding.
Fantastic location on the river bank.
Public areas, bar and restaurants all very good, my favorite being the terrace by the river.
The only less positive aspect would be in my opinion the rooms themselves. Although they are comfortable, well furnished and with great bathrooms, the architecture of the tower does not help. Very few have terraces and those that exist are incredibly small.
Most rooms have windows that do not open at all, which makes them very claustrophobic. By comparison the Shangri-la next door was far better planned.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
MOBangkok, Hotel Manager at Mandarin Oriental, Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded 3 October 2017

Dear francisco s

Thank you so much for your kind review on TripAdvisor. I truly appreciate your constructive feedback and please rest assured that we will look into your comment regarding the room with the respective department for future improvement. It was most kind of you to have brought the matter to our attention since this allows us to properly improve our overall performance in order to meet our guest needs and expectations.

All my colleagues and I at Mandarin Oriental, Bangkok would love to welcome you back again in the not too distant future!

Reviewed 21 September 2017 via mobile

On my visit i decided to stay here. And then it changed into a good decision. Very helping staff very good hospitality. Everyone must visit it and you will fond of it. Quality of food was very fine. I recommend this to everyone.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo
MOBangkok, Hotel Manager at Mandarin Oriental, Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded 25 September 2017

Dear Humza S,

Thank you very much for choosing us as your address in Bangkok and for sharing your fantastic feedback on TripAdvisor. We are delighted to learn that you enjoyed all elements of your stay.

We will make sure that our standards of service are maintained and continually improved to meet and exceed your expectations during your future visits. I hope to welcome you back at Mandarin Oriental, Bangkok very soon.

Reviewed 21 September 2017 via mobile

Mandarin Oriental, Bangkok is the best in the city by the river .The staffs are very friendly and services was excellent. The restaurants are very good. I love dining at China house restaurant. I will come back again

Stayed: September 2017

Dear Saranya L,

Thank you very much for visiting Mandarin Oriental, Bangkok, and for taking your time to write this lovely review on TripAdvisor. I am delighted to learn that you had enjoyed our service as well as our culinary delights, especially at the china House. We look forward to serving you again in the near future.

Reviewed 20 September 2017

A real 5-star experience that started with the airport transfer followed by the welcome, the stay, the goodbye and the final transfer to the airport. Service was excellent; the staff were very courteous, without exception. The room was luxurious, spacious and very clean. The room amenities were complete, including those that I did not expect will be provided. Food was pricey but worth it. This first visit deserves another!

Room Tip: Higher floors with an unobstructed view of the river
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business

Dear oec917,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your review on TripAdvisor. I am delighted to learn that you enjoyed the legendary Oriental service rendered by my colleagues during your stay with us. We look forward to welcoming you back at Mandarin Oriental, Bangkok again in the not too distance future.

Reviewed 14 September 2017

I have stayed in several hotels of the network - in Shanghai, Tokyo, Taipei; however, I give Mandarin Oriental Bangkok the highest point in my personal rating among them, and one of the best among the 5* hotels I've visited before. It would be useless to describe all the small details you notice from arrival till departure - every minute the guest feels intelligent and gentle attention. The management keeps the details of your previous stays and follows your tastes and notifications you have ever done; the perfect room is bing settled and put in order EVERY time you leave it without any inconvenience or disturbing; in every place - restaurants, SPA, pool, service desk - you meet perfect and attentive service. I'm really grateful for the hotel team for high professionalism and warm approach. The obvious advantage of the hotel is that it is a resort within the city - you can spend a leisure day around the pool and riverside facilities and relax perfectly. The Simple looking from the outside building is a real palace inside - elegant, fashionable, but equipped with all necessary modern facilities. The suites are a real value for money (highly Authors' suites with a direct river views and open balconies). Probably, it sounds like too much ecstasy and admiration from my side... but! Mandarin deserves it. Thank you, guys.
Highly recommend the SPA.

Stayed: September 2017

Dear DmitriMsk,

On behalf of the entire team at Mandarin Oriental, Bangkok, we thank you very much for choosing to stay with us and for taking the time to elaborate your experience on TripAdvisor. We are absolutely delighted to learn how much you enjoyed our Oriental service and all other aspects of your stay.

Once again, thank you. We look forward to welcoming you back at Mandarin Oriental, Bangkok in the near future for another magnificent stay.