I spend about half my time travelling for work and stay in many five star hotels in Asia and elsewhere, and I think this is the best hotel I've ever stayed in. The quality of the service was superb and the staff quickly remember who you are - the floor attendant will even come and open your door for you as you arrive on your floor. The room had a great view of the river and every night, complimentary snacks and fresh flowers are left in your room. The breakfast buffet by the river is amazing and the dinner at the riverside restaurant was also excellent. The shuttle boats to the Skytrain station and elsewhere are wonderful, and the trip across the river to the beautiful gym was great. I would be very happy to spend time here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Built in 1876 and ideally located on the banks of the Chao Phraya River, Mandarin Oriental, Bangkok, has been an inspiration to a host of world-renowned writers from Joseph Conrad, Somerset Maughamto Wilbur Smith and John Le Carre. Mandarin Oriental, Bangkok boasts an international reputation for splendid service, style and grace and facilities including eight restaurants. The hotel's private teakwood shuttle boats provide daily access to the world famous Thai Cooking School, the hotel's Thai restaurant, the award-winning Oriental Spa and Health Centre located across the River; as well as the nearest skytrain station (SaphanTaksin) and River City Shopping Centre. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Mandarin Oriental, Booking.com, Ctrip TA, Agoda, Odigeo, lastminute.com.au and Hotels.com so you can book your Mandarin Oriental, Bangkok reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mandarin Oriental, Bangkok Hotel Bangkok
- Oriental Bangkok
- Oriental Hotel Bangkok
- Bangkok Mandarin Oriental