“Escape from Bangkok while in Bangkok” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Anantara Riverside Bangkok Resort

Anantara Riverside Bangkok Resort
Ranked #24 of 843 Hotels in Bangkok
Brisbane, Australia
“Escape from Bangkok while in Bangkok”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 April 2012

After staying in many hotels around Bangkok, we would have to say Anantara Riverside is definitely a great place to stay. You are a away from all the noise but with every easy access back into heart of Bangkok. There is a fantastic boat service by the hotel that ferries guests across the river to the skytrain station. The buffet breakfast was amazing! The rooms expansive and comfortable. Will definitely be returning.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
4 Thank Jellybaby88

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (968)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 April 2012 via mobile

I previously stayed in this hotel when it was a Marriott hotel. About six months ago I noticed the hotel changed the flag to Anantara, a Thailand based luxury resort chain.

I don't want to say it has all to do with brand name change but I must say I was disappointed in recent stay in the hotel, which was not so evident in the days of Marriott.

For example, in my seven days stay, only on two nights turn-down service was provided. When I come back to my room late at night, I had to close curtains and drapes myself and lay downforce towel myself. As a frequent business traveler to many Asian cities, I am very much familiar with standard, basic 5-star hotel services and this hotel did not live up to a common expectation for a five-star hotel in BKK. Furthermore, Internet (free) was only provided in public areas but not in the room. I was told that internet inth room is povifed for only one hour per stay. I thought this was unreasonable given that the cost of providing Internet is largely "fixed" cost which varies little by volume of usage.

Finally, no taxi driver seemed to know where the hotel is when I mention Anantara. I tried to look up he name of hotel on the key card but there was no hotel name or address in Thai language printed on it - I thought the management of the hotel could be smarter than this.... Just print the hotel name and address both in English and Thai to make it more informative.

I would not return to this hotel for sure and I wou not recommend to anyone either.

Stayed April 2012
3 Thank 143b
Claudia P, General Manager at Anantara Riverside Bangkok Resort, responded to this review, 13 April 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your feedback, I am so very sorry to read that we let you down during this visit. Your comments are a great learning opportunity for us. We do take this as a chance to always improve the service we provide to our guests. I would like to get in touch with you personally to learn more about your stay, and so if convenient, please contact me via email on cpronk@anantara.com.

I look forward to being in touch directly.

Warm regards,

Claudia Pronk
John O'Groats, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2012

Good value for money. There are a handful of reasonable good restaurants in the hotel, among them an Italian and a Japanese. The hotel provide a complimentary boat shuttle to the Skytrain station that will take you to many locations.

The shower room is huge, although it looks jaded with the grouting of the wall tiles mossy.

The Junior suite that we stayed in was reasonable big and well equipped with complimentary tea, coffee and toiletries.

The swimming pool is big enough and so is the king sized bed which looked more like a super king size to me.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2012 via mobile

After traveling several times to Bangkok I felt that I knew it all and could not be told anything I didn't already know. For the sake of my wife and mother I eventually capitulated and resigned myself to taking the Anantara Riverside Resort's Streetwise Guru Tour. Never in all my years of travel have I had a more worthwhile experience. We were taken places and experienced things that most Farrang never encounter. Our guide was magnificent, his love for his city shone through and was both infectious and intoxicating. This wonderous place now holds many more treasures for this now "streetwise" traveller. The Resort is exquisite and offers wonders for couples and families alike. Our son was treated like a king and it was great to have some tranquil space for him to roam in an otherwise busy crowded environment. Stay here. Take the tour. You will not go wrong.

Stayed April 2012
5 Thank Mark E
suisse
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 April 2012

It is the third time in a row that we stay in this previous marriott now anantara. Nothing changed and it is very nice to find this place as nice and good as previously. The only problem we encountered was about the reservation. No answer, eventually 2 different offers with different prices and higher than on Booking.com...very confusing, and they don't really care about it. Thankfully we found everything ok eventually. We love the 15 minutes transfer by ferry to the TBS, which gives you just the time to relax or prepare from or for the big city..

Room Tip: Be aware that the location is 15 minutes by ferry to the TBS and ask for a river view room or suite...