1,657 results
All reviews shopping mall chatuchak cafe suan bua weekend market business trip star hotel the club lounge sky bar thai restaurant shuttle bus mrt station department store breakfast buffet deluxe suite international airport business hotel very nice hotel
Reviewed 19 February 2010

There was nothing particularly good about this hotel but nothing particularly bad either. The location was not good for sightseeing in bangkok and was quite far from the airport. There was a delicious Thai restaurant there but we also ate at the Japanese restaurant on our last night of a 2 week holiday and it was the worst meal I had all holiday! I'm would not recommend this hotel for a romantic holiday but ok if just looking for a convenient stopover. I didn't think this hotel was particularly good value for money either.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jenyellowhat
Reviewed 19 January 2010

My husband and I spent one night here - our first night in Thailand. It was the most expensive night of our trip, but we paid for convenience. Easy to find, welcoming and clean, and close to the bus station for an early departure the next day.

It was an assurance of quiet and cleanliness after a butt-load of hours traveling.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank LoveThatBlueSky
Reviewed 7 January 2010

I just finished a 3 week trek through SE Asia. I've graduated from backpacker to businesswoman but still like to seek out the quaint B&Bs and character-filled guesthouses when available. With that said, on my final nite in SE Asia I decided to spend my NYE in style. I ditched my low grade guesthouse for the Sofitel and couldn't be happier. The hotel really lived up to its name. The Centara isn't in the thick of the city or nightlife so if that's what you're after, I'd search elsewhere. However, for a stopover it was excellent on all accounts. The bed & pillows were heaven, the view was superb, room service delicious, pool lovely (serving great tropical drinks), you can access the mall through the hotel if so inclined. You receive a welcome drink upon arrival and receive top notch service from the get-go. I was upgraded to an executive suite free of charge and enjoyed the bubble bath & widescreen tv. The spa was closed as it was New Year's Day the next morning but I did get to take advantage of the buffet breakfast. I booked on Accor so perhaps locked in a more reasonable rate but am certain I'll be staying at a Sofitel in the future when I want to be treated like a queen for a nite!

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled solo
1  Thank AmericanExpatinOz
Reviewed 2 January 2010

We were disappointed with this hotel, which we booked as a treat for the end of our trip. Simple things like only one bath robe and set of slippers, and one spare pillow in a room for two people were not what we expected from Sofitel's much vaunted "My Bed and Pillow menu".

We have an Accor Priveleges card, and we had to constantly argue with staff about its use. The best example of this came of the last day when we wanted the late check out - it was refused and I had to resort to loading the information page from their website onto my computer and taking it down to reception myself before they deigned to grant the request. When we did produce the card we were actually made to feel like intruders rather than valued guests. One was left with feeling that there was confusion/clash betweeen the Centara chain and the Sofitel chain packages.

We WERE there over Christmas and this did impact on our discounts, but no effort was made to explain this clearly - and the issue extended beyond just that one day. We were left feeling that the hotel was using any excuse it could not to honour the card.

There was construction work going on while we were there - officially only between 10 am and 7.00 pm. This wasn't the case the first night we were there with hammering continuing most of the night - suspect that someone was trying to meet a deadline. However this ceased after the first night and the construction work didn't bother us after that - with the exception of the first night the process was well managed.

We also felt that the staff (some anyway) here were a bit arrogant, not as friendly as other hotels. The exceptions were the guys running thehotel lomousines out the front (they were fantastic!) and one older lady who was cooking breakfasts - she was really wonderful!

Not all negative though.

The room was comfortable - although slightly in need of a spruce up (eg a carpet shampoo). Our floor is no doubt shortly to be refurbished.

The place has some nice restaurants, especially if you are starting to look for something other than street food, and the breakast was brilliant. The Christmas Day buffet was mind blowing! Excellent pool also.

The location close to Chatuchak market and on the main road to the airport are a plus (this was the reason we picked this hotel as the Sunday was our last day in Thailand with an evening flight out - so the proximity to the market and the late checkout had figured prominently in our choice of this hotel), but it is a bit far from the main centre of town. Good shopping centre right next door too.

Despite the glitz and the gloss this was the most disappointing hotel we stayed in on this trip.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank beaglesonholiday
Reviewed 3 December 2009

Nice hotel, good value, lovely pool.. Awful location. Too far out of town. No tour company wants to pick you up from there because of the traffic problems in Bangkok.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled with friends