1,657 results
All reviews shopping mall chatuchak cafe suan bua weekend market business trip star hotel the club lounge sky bar thai restaurant shuttle bus mrt station department store breakfast buffet deluxe suite international airport business hotel very nice hotel
Reviewed 11 September 2012 via mobile

I spent three days in this hotel for a business trip. The room was very nice. Windowed bathroom (you can see through it from the bedroom), with a fantastic huge shower.
All the lights and air condition switch are in a common console next to the bed. Bed is big and comfortable. Restaurants at first floor were nice and the breakfast full of many different things.
Not very expansive for European standards.
I was disappointed that internet wi-fi is an extra.

• Stayed: August 2012
Michel S, General Manager at Centara Grand at Central Plaza Ladprao Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2012

Dear Mr. Cazzaniga
Hope that life is treating you well in your beautiful city of Casatenovo.
I would like to thank you not only to have chosen our Hotel for your recent stay, but as well for the positive review and comments you have made about our services and facilities.
The Centara collaborators are very appreciative and hope to welcome you again soon in Bangkok

Reviewed 8 September 2012

We were so lucky to got a room on the executive floor with city view. This hotel is not far from Bts, MRT and Chatuchak Market. anyway, the hotel provides the shuttle bus to that destitions as well. There is various kind of food for breakfast but so so for dessert. Some staff there needs improvement including staff in the restaurant who chit-chatted loudly...and not paid attention enough for 5 star as its said.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
Michel S, General Manager at Centara Grand at Central Plaza Ladprao Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded 11 September 2012

Dear Madam
Hope that life is treating you well in your beautiful city of New York Mills
I would like to thank you not only to have chosen our Hotel for your recent stay, but as well for the nice review and comments you have made about our services and facilities.
We have taken good note on your comments in relation to staff behavior during the meal period, and we will take the adequate corrective measure to improve upon.

Reviewed 1 September 2012 via mobile

Stay for a couple of nights in this hotel with club benefits. The service at the club floors were excellent. It would be even better if they had more variety in their selection of snacks. Could even consider some local Thai snacks for tourist or business guys who are simply too caught up in their work to experience a bit of Thai in the hotel. The club upgrade was simply worth it. Breakfast had a good wide spread and sufficient for any morning. The location of this hotel is some distance to the centre of Bangkok so be prepared to spend more time and money in transportation if u are going for shopping at Siam paragon or even mbk. At peak hours coming back from Siam paragon or mbk would cost u higher. Best deal is to take the mrt or bts during those situation. In the hotel they have a travel card given by the porter which have some of the key destinations and area of interest in both English and Thai very helpful for you to get around. Look out for promotions from the hotel, book early and plan your trip. Regarding shopping, of course we all know the central plaza but don't miss out the union mall, is it on the way to the mrt. A big shopping mall with more than 5 levels of local shopping. Note. Centra plaza opens at 10am. Union mall opens at 11am, most of Thailand shops open at 10am except markets, plan well to prevent having to go twice which u might if u do not have sufficent time to tour complete even the mall...Have fun....hope this have been a helpful review.

• Stayed: August 2012
Michel S, General Manager at Centara Grand at Central Plaza Ladprao Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded 3 September 2012

Reviewed 31 August 2012

I stayed in this hotel from this Monday to Thursday with my father and two teenagers for holidays. The location of this hotel is not far away from the airport and there is next to Central World department store and supermarkets nearby.

My impression of Thailand people especially in travel industry is very friendly and hospitality. But not this time, when I stepped out from the lift I can smell a strong smoking smell and found an astray in the room which I didn't expect that travel with teenagers and elderly man will have such room. I called to the front desk and they deny is a smoking room I said I found an astray? How come ? And the other front desk staff said they asked the housekeeper to clear all the smell for sure without success. And it cost me another half hour to switch to another non-smoking room. Its very disappointed and a very bad impression to this hotel at the very first beginning of my stay.

And having breakfast in the cafe is also another experience and impression to me. Suppose the waitress polite of asking you coffee or tea, Instead, they come to you with a sad face and no response to what you say. And if you ask for refill of water or tea is a disaster as I am going to "receive" a sad and unwilling "face".

I am not sure how they trained or they treat different customers with different faces ?

Anyway an unexpected experience with Centara in Bangkok

Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family

Dear Sir
Hope life is treating you well in your beautiful city of Hong Kong!
I did read your commentary about your recent stay. Would it be possible to clarify where did you stay. In Bangkok we have 2 Centara Grand Hotel. Based on your comments it seems that you were in the city center next to Central World Shopping Center.
I am in charge of the Centara Grand At Central Plaza in ladprao…In any case I am sorry to hear that your were not totally satisfied with our services standard. if you did stay at my hotel, I would appreciate if you could spare more details, such as your room numbers, so I can investigate further on the mishap.
In the meantime..
Yours sincerely
michelse@chr.co.th

Reviewed 30 August 2012

Dear All,
I got the single room accommodation at 18 floor, and i was having nice view of city and enjoyed it;
Room service is proper, Big shopping mall is at your door step, just 100mtrs. It's a good place for shopping but bit costlier; 45mins from the international airport; Television in the room has limited channel options. Overall, its worthy;

Room Tip: Select rooms at and above 15th floor, you will get the nice view;
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo
Michel S, General Manager at Centara Grand at Central Plaza Ladprao Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded 31 August 2012

Dear Sir
I Hope that life is treating you well in your beautiful city of Mumbai.