Centara Grand at Central Plaza Ladprao Bangkok
  • Restaurant
  • Room Service
  • Pool
1,502 results
All reviewsshopping mallchatuchak cafesuan buaweekend marketbusiness tripcentral department storenice hotelstar hotelsky barclub levelshuttle busthai restaurantmrt stationbreakfast buffetdeluxe suiteinternational airportbusiness hotel
Reviewed 28 July 2012

For those of us with many years experience traveling in Thailand, where we now have a home on the eastern Gulf of Thailand, Centara Grand at Central Plaza Ladrao is an excellent alternative to the downtown hotels. Most first time tourists with healthy budgets end up at the big hotels on the Chao Phraya river or in the shopping district on the Sukumvit. And while we've stayed at those and they're terrific we find that for visting friends, Centara Grand is a great choice.

First, it is a 5-star hotel. The rooms are modern, well appointed and very clean. The staff is attentive, professional and welcoming... most understand English as well (and don't laugh at our accented Thai). Second it is less expensive than the downtown hotels. Third it is well situated as it is attached to the Central Plaza shopping center in Ladprao... some 10kms north of the center of Bangkok. Bangkok for those who haven't visited is a massive, sprawling city of 10+ million. Fourth it is next to the modern subway system which wisks you downtown and allows you to connect to the modern (though limited in scope) SkyTrain. Fifth it is a short stroll, albeit in the heat and humidity of this tropical capital city, from Chatachuk Park with pedestrian elevated walkways that obviate dangerous traffic crossings. Note that this massive park is so large that the nearby Chatachuk market and bus depot do require a taxi ride. Central Plaza is home of a branch of the oldest and largest department store in Thailand offering just about whatever you want to purchase. There are also many, many shops and restaurants to choose from, all without venturing outside. The hotel offers many ammenities including a pool, healthcenter and spa. Bear in mind though that the upscale restaurants while offering good service, terrific food and bar service with spectacular views are very pricey, by Thai and American standards. If you are by chance visiting the Thai Ministry of Energy or PTT, the Thai national petroleum company they are literally a short walk away.

The hotel is also an excellent choice if one is touring north of Bangkok or heading to the domestic airport at Don Mueang, or the international airport at Suvarnabhumi as the motorways let you avoid the heavy traffic of downtown.

All in all an excellent Bangkok hotel choice.

Room Tip: Ask for an upper floor tower room to enjoy the view... club rooms on the upper floors add business center and lounge privileges at added cost... in room WIFI is pricey
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Ken D
Michel S, General Manager at Centara Grand at Central Plaza Ladprao Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2012

Dear Mr Ken
Hope that life is treating you well in your beautiful city of Bangkok
I would like to thank you not only to have chosen our Hotel for your recent stay, but as well for a for the nice review and comments you have made about our services and facilities.
The Centara collaborators are very appreciative and hope to welcome you again soon in Bangkok

Reviewed 21 July 2012

I stayed at this hotel for 2 nites. My room was at 21st floor, the Club Floor. The room interior is so nice and modern. Very clean indeed. The hotel is connected to a shopping mall where you could spend hours at the retail outlets for either shopping or window shopping. The hotel staff are pleasant. Will visit this hotel again.

Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank dryus
Michel S, General Manager at Centara Grand at Central Plaza Ladprao Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2012

Dear Madam
Hope that life is treating you well in your beautiful city of Kuala Lumpur.
I would like to thank you not only to have chosen our Hotel for your recent stay, but as well for the positive review and comments you have made about our services and facilities.

Reviewed 20 July 2012

If you have a chance to go BKK, you should visit this hotel. The bedroom is comfortable. Bathroom with rain shower. Central & Robinson shopping mall very big.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Darika S
Michel S, General Manager at Centara Grand at Central Plaza Ladprao Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2012

Dear guest
Hope that life is treating you well in your beautiful city of Bangkok
I would like to thank you not only to have chosen our Hotel for your recent stay, but as well for the nice review and comments you have made about our services and facilities.

Reviewed 17 July 2012

Our family of four booked two rooms late June for 3 nights on the way to Koh Samui and another 7 nights on the way back early July. I booked directly on their website and got a special rate that is non refundable. We arrived almost 11pm and decided to have dinner after checking in at the Chatuchak Cafe which is almost opposite the reception. We all enjoyed our dinner food was tasty but a little pricey. We paid extra 2000 baht to upgrade per room and was given a corner room which was great and had 2 big windows. Our rooms were facing the Horwang School and the entrance to the mall. We got woken up every morning by the loudspeaker from the school as they do assembly every morning. In a way it was our alarm clock every morning :) At night we hear the continuous whistle blowing of traffic control outside the mall but got use to it after 2 nights. I booked this hotel thinking it was in the centre but ended up in Ladprao instead! I felt bad at first but the service at the club lounge changed my feelings. Ms Chonmanee S. is so welcoming and very helpful lovely lady. Mr Chookiat and the whole team looked after us very well. Breakfast selection is sort of limited though. I cannot complain with the service and worth paying extra for the upgrade. Our cleaning lady was so nice too. We prefer to check out at the Club Lounge as we were not happy with the male receptionist downstairs. There is a huge mall across the carpark from the mezzanine floor and it's I think 5 storey and another tiny mall just at the back. Across the road over the bridge there is another big mall ( Union Mall) not as flash as Central Plaza but lots of bargains. I don't think I'll stay at this hotel again because of it's location. It's at least 30 mins to Downtown.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms facing the school.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
Michel S, General Manager at Centara Grand at Central Plaza Ladprao Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2012

Dear Madam
Hope that life is treating you well in your beautiful city of Auckland !
We will convey your special commendations of our Guest Services Manager and our most famous butler.

Reviewed 13 July 2012

I was a women on a business trip on my own (6nights) so i thought i wanted to stay somewhere near by places that i had to visit. The location is out of central Bkk but i didn't mind, i've found the complex next door is very useful for me to find something to eat or shopping. My room was quite small with that price, compared to another hotels in Bkk where i've stayed before. The cleaner was very annoying by knocking my door on several mornings even though i put a sign up "DO NOT DISTURB". One morning i was still in bed, he (yes a guy) even used his key to open the door how rude was that!!! And this is ridiculous!! when i put a sign "please clean my room" nobody turned up. I noticed the cleaner didn't really do anything but made the bed, I stayed for 6 night and wish they could changed my bedding even just once!! The cleaner at the other hotels would kindly tidy you belonging (not moving them away) in appropriate. Eg: my make up was all over the sink area should tidy put them together in one corner.
I knew that i'd get charged for Wi Fi (which I shouldn't) about £12 per 24hr. As I was working away so I needed a good speed wi fi but what I received was very low speed wi fi. I did complain at the reception (only being pretty and joking around behind the counter) when i checked out no apology but she was giving me a card so I could write a complain myself. I think they only do care for Thai resident to have the functions there or groups of air steward to stop for a quick night and go.
I stayed with another Centara before and did hope this hotel would be the same standard. With the price that i paid for is not worth at all. The new renovation and nice sky bar is not good enough without good service and good staff. There are plenty of service apartments or hotels with better room, good location, better on anything elsewhere in BKK.
Ps. I didn't mind paying about £5 for a beer by the pool but at least it shouldn't come in a cheap can!!!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank SnoopyLeeds
Michel S, General Manager at Centara Grand at Central Plaza Ladprao Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2012

Dear Madam
Hope that life is treating you well in your beautiful city of Leeds
I would like to thank you to have chosen our Hotel for your recent stay.
I am really sorry that you did not found our hotel standard and staff attitude up to your expectation.
If I may request for you to contact me directly, I would be hopeful to make all enquiries and investigation to take the appropriate corrective measure.
michelse@chr.co.th