Centara Grand at Central Plaza Ladprao Bangkok
USD 295*
USD 181*
USD 171*
1,499 results
All reviewsshopping mallchatuchak cafesuan buaweekend marketbusiness tripcentral department storenice hotelstar hotelsky barclub levelshuttle busthai restaurantmrt stationbreakfast buffetdeluxe suiteinternational airportbusiness hotel
Reviewed 13 July 2012

I was a women on a business trip on my own (6nights) so i thought i wanted to stay somewhere near by places that i had to visit. The location is out of central Bkk but i didn't mind, i've found the complex next door is very useful for me to find something to eat or shopping. My room was quite small with that price, compared to another hotels in Bkk where i've stayed before. The cleaner was very annoying by knocking my door on several mornings even though i put a sign up "DO NOT DISTURB". One morning i was still in bed, he (yes a guy) even used his key to open the door how rude was that!!! And this is ridiculous!! when i put a sign "please clean my room" nobody turned up. I noticed the cleaner didn't really do anything but made the bed, I stayed for 6 night and wish they could changed my bedding even just once!! The cleaner at the other hotels would kindly tidy you belonging (not moving them away) in appropriate. Eg: my make up was all over the sink area should tidy put them together in one corner.
I knew that i'd get charged for Wi Fi (which I shouldn't) about £12 per 24hr. As I was working away so I needed a good speed wi fi but what I received was very low speed wi fi. I did complain at the reception (only being pretty and joking around behind the counter) when i checked out no apology but she was giving me a card so I could write a complain myself. I think they only do care for Thai resident to have the functions there or groups of air steward to stop for a quick night and go.
I stayed with another Centara before and did hope this hotel would be the same standard. With the price that i paid for is not worth at all. The new renovation and nice sky bar is not good enough without good service and good staff. There are plenty of service apartments or hotels with better room, good location, better on anything elsewhere in BKK.
Ps. I didn't mind paying about £5 for a beer by the pool but at least it shouldn't come in a cheap can!!!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank SnoopyLeeds
Michel S, General Manager at Centara Grand at Central Plaza Ladprao Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2012

Dear Madam
Hope that life is treating you well in your beautiful city of Leeds
I would like to thank you to have chosen our Hotel for your recent stay.
I am really sorry that you did not found our hotel standard and staff attitude up to your expectation.
If I may request for you to contact me directly, I would be hopeful to make all enquiries and investigation to take the appropriate corrective measure.
The Centara collaborators are very appreciative and hope to welcome you again soon in Bangkok
michelse@chr.co.th

Reviewed 13 July 2012

The first impression of the hotel was great but the experience got worst by such unwelcoming staffs at the check in reception. I personally asked if there is a wifi available, they just answer you have to to pay not free! ( That was it)

I stayed for 4 nights and my room still had dirts left on the floors for a few days when I come back to my room at the end of the day and the mat were missedly placed. I didn't think I would get this from a clamed 5stars hotel. The pillow is too low and soft that it had given me neckpain. Moreover, I walked pass the cleaning ladies many times and she never once smile nor said Good morning to me. The housekeeping and room service were very slow and never bring things with a smile.

Furthermore, I was staying in the club floor. One day I wanted to check out the sky bar before I go in the evening for some drinks. I went up and saw the sign of the club lounge privileged for club floors guest and hotel's members. I went in and ask if my room is eligible and the staff asked for my room number, I told him and he just said no your room doesn't have privileged. I asked why not? He just said in straight face you're not a club member and your room were upgraded to club floor only because our hotel is full. How rude can you be???

I was deeply disappointed with the services of Centara's Staffs considered it's a reputable hotel. Although, the bellmen were very helpful and friendly. That's the only good service I receive from here,
I wouldn't recommend this hotel to anyone. Thailand has one of the best service staffs in the whole world as for my own experience; this hotel provides nothing like what other hotels in Thailand would.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank Chantha T
Management response:Responded 16 July 2012

Dear Guest
I Hope that life is treating you well in your beautiful state of Singapore
I would like to thank you to have chosen our Hotel for your recent stay.
michelse@chr.co.th

Reviewed 12 July 2012

My husband and I spent a night here on July 7 as I was going to a Kpop concert at the convention centre nearby that night.

Check in was a breeze. When I asked if I could get breakfast added to our room (I booked the hotel via booking.com in May without breakfast), the reception staff recommend that I upgraded to Club room to enjoy not just breakfast but also snacks, tea and cocktail all day-long. The 2000baht upgrade fee sounded reasonable, so we agreed. The best decision we made!

The club level was on the topmost floor (24th) and had a beautiful view of Bangkok. We had fun taking photos there and everyone told us how nice the pictures were :)

Staff were friendly and ever helpful. The room was not that big but it was comfortable. Internet was expensive but fast and served my husband well when he needed to submit his assignment over his uni's learning management system.

As I didn't have company to the concert, staying close to the venue was crucial. I felt safe walking to and back from the convention centre through the carpark at 10pm as there were plenty of shoppers making their way out of the mall at that time.

I was really impressed with Central Mall. Just outside the mall, you can find food stalls etc which the locals go to.

We took the train from the airport to get to this hotel. We found it on our own just by relying on Google maps. Fyi, the station nearest to this hotel is Pahon Yothin MRT. We just walked with our suitcase to the hotel. Fussy travellers with very heavy suitcases might want to get a cab. But we travelled relatively light and didn't mind walking/carrying our suitcase up and down the stairs when there were no escalators. Bangkok is hot this time of the year (even for me, a Malaysian) but walking in the heat didn't bother us.

My husband swam a little bit after breakfast on the morning before we checked out. The pool was empty and the water looked inviting.

The location of the hotel is not central but it is near Chatuchak a place that I had to give a miss because of time constraints, but I love it! If there is another kpop concert at the convention centre, I know where I am staying! Maybe next time, I can pop by Chatuchak market :)

Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
Management response:Responded 14 July 2012

Dear Mrs Susie
Hope that life is treating you well in your beautiful city of Kuala Lumpur.
I would like to thank you not only to have chosen our Hotel for your recent stay, but as well for the positive review and comments you have made about our services and facilities.

Reviewed 11 July 2012

In the northen parts of Bangkok, in case you want to visit this area. Big hotel close to huge shopping center. I have room in the Club department, which in my opinion is always worthwhile if the hotel has that possibility. More exclusive service. You check in/check out at the club lobby and dont have to wait in line. Here they also serve several meals, like breakfast and snacks, around the clock, all included in the price. You enjoy a fantastic view in spledid isolation from the crowd. Also had the privilege of a limo service for 800 anywhere in Bangkok area, which should be compared with the 2000 you normally will be charged for a lime to the airport for example. Staff perhaps a little reserved and stiff but basically friendly. This is a fine hotel and well recommeded it u are willing to pay a little more. Have nothing to say about the restaurant, because I didn't eat at any. But they looked fine. I think there were at least 3 plus a big lobby bar. I enjoyed my stay.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
Management response:Responded 12 July 2012

Dear Sir
Hope that life is treating you well in your beautiful island of Phuket
I would like to thank you not only to have chosen our Hotel for your recent stay, but as well for the nice review and comments you have made about our services and facilities.

Reviewed 10 July 2012

We attended a conference at the hotel and found it very enjoyable . Breakfast is fantastic a real fusion experience. The only challenge was making sure that taxi drivers took you to the right Centara Grand! On two occasions taken to the Centara at Central Plaza 45mins-1 hour away.
Service was pretty good though disappointed when trying to get a taxi the door men made no effort and tried to hustle us into a hotel limo. The shuttle to the local train station was good though and that is the way to travel

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
Management response:Responded 11 July 2012

Dear Sir
Hope that life is treating you well in your beautiful island of Fiji .
We are sorry that you did not found our doorman attitude totally satisfactory.
We will share your concerns with the respective members of our team.