1,681 results
All reviews shopping mall chatuchak cafe suan bua weekend market business trip nice hotel star hotel the club lounge sky bar thai restaurant shuttle bus mrt station department store deluxe suite breakfast buffet dim sum international airport
Reviewed 5 February 2012

We were at the hotel with one of my friend. I stayed here because I was a member of the hotel so have to use the voucher before expired. The location of the hotel nearby Central ladprao shopping mall where you can just walk one minute to the mall. Room of the hotel spacious, clean, but look very old, bed very comfortable. The foods at the restaurant was very great we enjoyed a lot as buffet choices of international foods. Staff were very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 31 January 2012

In my opinion, If focus on location, it is good enough but about the facilities is not worth for the money.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 30 January 2012

I stayed there for one week for business. It is a large, dull and soulless hotel in a part of Bangkok that has little going for it appart from the adjacent mall. It is an ordinary convention/wedding hotel.
I stayed in a Deluxe Executive Suite which in pretentious and misleading marketing terms translate into a larger than standard room with access to the executive lounge and where a large bathtub featured in the middle of the room ate up about a third of the real estate. Oh well for people like me who like showers and take bath perhaps once a year, this was a useless waste of space. Anyway the room was rather duller and more worn out than the rest of the hotel with a couch that had suspicious stains that they could never clean despite my complaints.
The lounge was fine and quiet. The breakfast acceptable with some flaws though: one day there was no orange or grapefruit juice; the pomelos or the sort of lychees they have were gone early from the table and never replenished and I always missed the happy hour where they served free drinks: must have been my schedule but I didn't find that theirs was practical. The service was ok, nothing worth mentioning and the people were generally kind.
The bathroom was OK with excellent water pressure. You are best getting your own shampoo and conditionner at the nearby shops cause the ones they provide is so incredibly cheap.
The hotel itself seems to be very busy and I couldn't help being bothered by the incessant succession of noisy weddings taking place but the 3 restaurants are deserted: they look so unappealing in comparison with what is on offer in the city. I assume most people did like me and went to eat in the shopping mall where there are plenty of decent restaurants with all sort of cuisines. The shopping mall is below par compare to the newest in town but it was fine and welcome in this part of town and it had this great highend supermarket with superb products.
Enough... I think you got the picture by now.
They should really do something about the 5 stars rating: there is too much discrepancy between the bottom and the top of the line 5 stars hotels. This one certainly doesn't deserve its status but nevertheless I am sure that it checks all the boxes to make it a 5 stars.

Room Tip: Avoid overlooking the motorway.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Olivier V
Reviewed 25 January 2012

we stayed there last year as a 2 day stopover before pattaya..firstly the hotel itself is a good standard 4 star hotel ...its as good as the other 4 star hotel that we had previously stayed in Bkk and around thailand..clean, service was good, the food was good.... but what we like the most is its location...if u r after the grand nite life well its not for u..but for thoes who love the shoping well you r in the rite place the hotel is connected to the great central mall ( we were there before its renovation i heard it is even better now!) its an huge upscale mall which has everthing that u want..the food, the cloths..outside the central mall is another huge discount shopping mall called the union mall..what a find.we found union mall to be one of the best malls in bbk in terms of quality and price
( female clothing and accesories in particular)..its sort of a mixture between Indra square in pratunam and the ever popular Mbk mall) union mall seemed to be popular with the young thai folks and 95% of the shoppers there were locals ( i think thats why i found the price and quality to be better than those in pratunam and siam square area) there was also a nite market outside when we were there...we really enjoyed shopping there.... of cos dont forget the legendary Chatujuk market its 5 min taxi ride (60 baht) or u can just get into the MRT outside the Central mall ( (which is around 5 min walk from the hotel ) its only one station away!! all in all we found the shopping there as good as the one in Pratunam and siam square if not better!! we will return to this hotel whenever we r in BKK
God bless

Room Tip: best to stay during the weekend for the chajujuk market up the road
  • Stayed: February 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank Zuluponting
Reviewed 10 January 2012

We have stayed in this Sofitel perviously and have always found to be one of the better hotels in Bangkok, even though the location is not really in the centre of Bangkok but it is easy enough to find connections to anywhere in the city centre by the Bangkok Underground (MRT). The hotel has recently had a full refurbishment and the suite and the public areas of the hotel are really smart and there are various good restaurants on the site. There is also a direct access to the Central Department Store where absolutely everything including food is available. So we would recommend this Sofitel to anyone who come to Bangkok.

Room Tip: Always ask for the high floor on the PTT Head Office Building side for a really good view of Bangkok Skyline.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple