“Short cut ”
Review of Vitayu

Ranked #127 of 538 Spas & Wellness in Bangkok
Reviewed 11 November 2014 via mobile

It is very nice to enter the location feeling immediately welcome, fine tasting coffee in the air and friendly receptionist. The rooms have a good ambience.

Unfortunately not too happy with the therapist who did not focus on those areas which I had requested when filling in the health form but also made a very unstructured approach and somehow couldn't find or didn't know about the trigger points. Time was cut short too.

Reviewed 27 February 2014

This was I think the best spa experience I have had. On my last day in Bangkok I decided to return to Vitayu for a two hour massage and one hour facial. Though I expect all masseuses are great here, Waree was remarkable. Her facial included a mask that made my skin look significantly younger. Her Thai massage really stretched out my muscles and prepared me well for flights back to the US the next day. I asked her for her name so I could give it to Bangkok friends.

As others have said, Vitayu is off the beaten track, though easy enough for a taxi driver to find (just tell the driver it is past the Polo Club on Soi Polo), and certainly walkable from Witthayu Road. My friend who lives in Bangkok described the Soi as the way Bangkok looked thirty years ago.

The staff also will call a cab for you when your massage is over. There is a map with its location under Contact Us on their website and on their card - which I would suggest picking up when you are there because you likely will want to be returning.

1  Thank SusaninMadison
Reviewed 2 February 2014

With the political strife currently strangling Bangkok, there are promotion spa packages all over town. And Vitayu certainly qualifies with attractive spa packages and promotions which should not be missed. We basically got a 50% off promotion package for a 2 hour scrub and thai/oil massage. It was extravagant and was thoroughly enjoyed. Vitayu is not the easiest place to find but once you arrive you will see that it's worth it. Their professional and capable staff made the experience so worthwhile we immediately booked another 2 hour promotion package right after our first treatment. It was an easy decision at these prices.

Reviewed 7 January 2014

My husband and I came here two days in a row-- the first day for a 120 min and a 90 min traditional thai massage, the second day for two 60 min traditional thai massages.

The good:
*beautifully designed-- modern, clean, welcoming, friendly atmosphere
*bakery!-- it was closed when we were there, but we still bought some excellent macaroons. The girl behind the bakery worked and trained in Brooklyn. We didn't try the coffee, but they offered cortados...so I'm guessing the baristas know what they're doing
*private-- the rooms are very private even if they're shared (couples or the reflexology room)
*staff-- friendly, professional, speaks very good english
*flexible-- we made a reservation in advance, but they were able to accommodate us when we called just 45 min before coming in the second day
*so clean!
*massages- obviously ;) ...though see below for a caveat

The inconsistent:
*massage-- I would have given a 5 star review for value here (even though it's not a luxury spa) but the massages were inconsistent. The first day, my masseuse was great. The second day, she had great *potential* but she was clearly super inexperienced. i.e.-- good hands, but still figuring it out and not confident in her movements. When a masseuse isn't confident, it's hard to relax your muscles and get the real benefit of the massage because you naturally (and defensively) tense up a bit in case they pull you in a weird direction. My husband's massages were both very good-- so hopefully this was just an aberration. She wasn't bad, she just wasn't really good yet and at the price, 350 baht an hour, it's not the cheapest place in town (even though in dollars that's still really inexpensive). I'd also guess that if you got a more specialized massage (herbal compress, indian head), you'd end up with a more experienced masseuse regardless.

*nothing! the only hard thing is finding it-- and it was only hard for us because we don't speak Thai and it's on a side street

highly recommend