Holiday Inn Express Bangkok Siam
USD 550
USD 453
Cancelon
1,848 results
All reviewsnational stadiumhi expressrooftop gardenwalking distance to mbkjim thompson houselaundry roombts stationfried ricetesco lotusfree wifithe breakfast areathe ground floorconvenient locationexcellent locationbudget hotelmajor shoppinghotel is located
Reviewed 4 August 2016

Don't miss reading " Express' before booking which means a no frills hotel ... Small rooms, ordinary bathrooms, Not a comfortable lobby, no pool, no help to carry baggage, no live counters for breakfast, everything is express .... The only plus is location as it is next to MBK, discovery paragon .... We were very disappointed as has nothing for. Kids .... If. U are going for shopping nd being out of hotel then choose this if on holiday to relax ... Please don't book

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank devikagera
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Bangkok Siam, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2016

Dear devikagera,

Thank you for writing a review on our hotel. Our goal is to deliver exceptional service and comfortable accommodations, and we appreciate your business with us. It is nice to know that the location of the hotel is convenient to your needs. However, we sincerely apologize if the condition of the room and facilities did not exceed your expectations. Your feedback is of great importance to us and allows us to monitor and improve the quality of our amenities and facilities we offer. Rest assured these concerns will be forwarded to the hotel management for evaluation and will be a basis for future upgrade.

Again, thank you for staying with us and we hope we get the opportunity to show you some of our improvements on your next trip.

Grace P.
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 4 August 2016

We have stayed in this hotel 4 times over the last 2 years with family and have been very happy at each visit. Even though breakfast is not that great, it is the atmosphere which is great and gives family a chance to sit together before they head to the city for the day. Even though it is little pricey compared to other similar hotels, it proximity to MBK, Jim Thomson and other points of interest makes it a good choice for visitors. So far we don't have any complains and we will surely stay there again for our next trip in December 2016 as we always enjoy our stay there.

Room Tip: Ask for higher floor as this will give you a better view at night.
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 31 July 2016 via mobile

Location just near BTS national stadium with about three minutes walk.Have free breakfast and free wifi provided.The staff were nice.There is Macdonald beside the hotel.MBK shopping mall is just in walking distance.

Stayed: May 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 31 July 2016

The staff upon arrival were friendly and helpful. Our room was clean and a nice view. The bathrooms are spacious. The breakfast was normal. I did like the take away coffee cups. There is an attached McDonald's below and a desk for calling a taxi for you as not to get ripped off. The Jim Thompson House is just a few blocks away for a tour, the BTS is near and just one stop from the SIAM station (Paragon Mall and other shopping and food) We've stayed there 4 times.

Room Tip: The National Stadium view is the best especially if higher up.
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 July 2016

I stayed there 21-25 July 2016. Arrived early at 11 am, and they let me in, no problem. The normal check in time is 2 pm.
Easy access by taking Airport link from Suvarnabhumi Airport to Phaya Thai (45 Bath). 1 USD is around 35 THB, on July 2016 rate.
There's also a free SIM Card and local number provided by dtac (telco provider) provided at the airport, near the ticket counter for Airport Link . I just need to top up the credit at 7 eleven, or any dtac counter. I paid only 79 bath for a week of 1G data.
From Phaya Thai, there's a taxi counter (no additional surcharge), and the men there helped to call the taxi. The taxi ride cost about 50 Bath.

Room is very clean, and smells very good. They have 2 in 1, liquid soap cum shampoo at the shower and washbasin. Since I'm not used with this, I bought my own shampoo and conditioner.

Breakfast is and inclusive in the room reservation. There's always Asian breakfast (fried rice or fried noodle), and Western's (bread, croissant, scramble eggs, sausage, cereal), Fruit, and coffee/tea/hot chocolate. I appreciate they use ceramic for cups, bowls and plates, which makes the breakfast looks more appetizing , compared to if they use cheap melamine. For those who wants to leave the hotel early, they provide breakfast-to-go.

Fitness room is small, but has modern equipments. It's located at the top of building. No swimming pool, though.

The only thing about this hotel is the incident when I tried to get extra bottle of water (they provide only 2 bottles in the room). I had to call many times and waited for 45 minutes before the water arrive. When I called housekeeping, they asked me to call the operator, for my request . When I called the operator, they said, they'd forward my request to housekeeping. It's all very confusing.

Other than that, I find the hotel is a very nice place to stay. Very close to MBK shopping mall, and also to Lotus Tesco. I tried the foot massage next to the hotel. One hour for 300 Bath, which is a good deal (normal price in Bangkok). When having massage, please ask for the backend massage area, as the front area is quite noisy, with people in and out.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled with friends