1,908 results
All reviews national stadium hi express walking distance to mbk rooftop garden opposite mbk jim thompson house laundry room chicken sausage bts station tesco lotus free wifi the breakfast area the ground floor excellent location convenient location budget hotel hotel is located
Reviewed 29 August 2012

My husband and I travelled to Thailand for our honeymoon and stayed at this new hotel in Bangkok, which just opened on March and we had a blast with all this hotel could offer to us.

To begin with the room is very cute with a hip design and super comfortable beds with 2 different types of pillows (firm and Soft). Lots of counter space, 32" flat screen TV, fridge, free wireless connection, and for the ones wanting to take a long sleep, the blinds are really efficient and no doubt you will be able to fall asleep and able to adjust your jet leg.
The bathrooms provide hand soap, shower gel and shampoo in dispensers, which is great idea for the ones forgetting toiletries at home.
The design once again incorporates the shower area to the bedroom is such a futuristic one with frosted glasses which are from floor to ceiling sizes.
The hotel has an amazing restaurant on the 7th floor, which offers a free breakfast to be envied by lots of good hotels with a great design with tables and lounges and food/pastries/fruits/juices of all kinds to all likes and tastes.
Also on the 7th floor there is a laundry room with 2 washing machines and 2 drying machines, which can be used by purchasing the tokens and liquid soap and softener at the front desk.

The staff was always smiling and very friendly at all times.
Specially "GIG", she was awesome, always willing to go an extra mile in order to help and accommodate every need a guest would bring to her attention. At my arrival, due to my tiredness I forgot a bag in the Railway Train and GIG called the dispatcher at the airport, reported the event and called a cab as soon as possible to take us back to retrieve the bag.
Because we had 3 separated reservations while travelling in and out of Bangkok, we had the great help of the hotel to keep some of our luggage in their storage space for guests' luggage that were always very safe.
GIG wrote in Thai language a description of where we were staying and how to get back to the hotel to be shown to taxi drivers and it was a life saver during our stay in BKK. (GIG we thank you a lot for all your effort and kindness with us).

The location of the hotel is very convenient, a block away from the Siam Paragon Mall that houses all famous brands on the lower floor you can find a great variety of restaurants carrying all types of Thai food and a amazing supermarket.
A block away from the hotel, within 5 minutes walk you are at Jim Thompson Silk Museum which is a must see when in Thailand.
Just around the corner there is a massage parlor called "Gold Hands Thai Massage" where we had a Thai massage at a very reasonable price. I had the masseur named Nun who gave me a great relaxation after long hours of walk through BKK.

The hotel is located half a block away from the National Stadium Train Station for the ones coming from the Int'l Airport, the best bet is to get on the railway system, buy the ticket for the express service, get off at Phaya Thai Station and then switch to the sky train system to National Stadium.
In summary, the Holiday Inn Express Siam Hotel in BKK is definitely a great hotel to stay and true to the moto of the IHG Brand name (GREAT HOTELS GUESTS LOVE).

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank novayorknumaboa
Reviewed 29 August 2012

I just checked out of this hotel today and realized I thoroughly enjoyed the hotel given its central location and proximity to attractions in Bangkok. It is literally a few steps away from the BTS National Stadium station from which you can go to several parts of Bangkok. You can walk to MBK Center in 5 minutes and then add a couple of minutes to Siam Discovery and Siam Paragon (with its extensive Gourmet Market and Food Hall). On the other direction, guests can walk to a Tesco Lotus supermarket which is around 400 meters away. So you can't really go wrong with location.

Took the metered taxi from the airport and we paid around THB 360 baht inclusive of toll fees.

The lobby is welcoming and I liked how hospitable the front desk personnel were.

Since the hotel is new, the rooms are quite clean, beds are super comfortable, pillows are fluffy, and the wireless internet was reliable and fast.

Free breakfast was ok but did not change in the three mornings we were there.

In terms of price, they still have promotional rates on their website but I found an even cheaper rate at Traveleasy.

All in all, in terms of cost-efficiency, I would highly rate this hotel given the prime location and the quality of the accommodation. I would recommend this hotel to those who would not spend the whole day in the hotel but would still want a nice place to sleep in at night. I hope it could go up Trip Advisor's rankings.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank cmpfigueroa
Reviewed 29 August 2012

It locates a short walk from national stadium station that is one stop away from MBK (well known shopping centre in BKK) and two stops away from Siam Paragon, the luxury shopping center and other famous shopping centers. The concept of the hotel is very modernize and cozy. The staffs from reception are very helpful. The room is equipped with modern furnitures, coffee/tea making facilities and electronic safe. The best part I like of the hotel room is bathroom that is large, bright and clean. The breakfast there is average with take out facilities provided. Overall, hotel is clean, convenient, modernize and value for money.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank KhinYadanarWin
Reviewed 28 August 2012

We stayed at 1503 corner room facing national stafium. Room was very clean and new. Able to choose firm or feather pillow. Toileteries pick up at reception, bring your own soap and shampoo as the hotel's is a combine soap/ shampoo. Hairdryer is avaiable. Spacious corner room. Downside is the queen bed is small consider we are asian. Might be small for 2 caucasians. Cable tv available, twinings tea, great pork porridge at breakfast. Breakfast taste good, they supply take away containers. BTS national stadium is 5mins walk. Most important: FREE in room wifi. No concierge but no problem. Luggage trolleys available at lobby. Security guards at lobby were helping in getting us taxi but make sure you say meter taxi. Hotel reception sells muay thai fight tix but VIP tix only for 2000bath/pp. Convenient store is 5 mins walk

• Stayed: August 2012
Reviewed 26 August 2012

Room is nice,clean,and the staffs are friendly!I love the breakfast and you can actually take away!very smart for a backpacker like me who prefer to be out for the city early and don't have time for breakfast! The hotel call the guests "smart" and it is a smart way to value us as guests.I will definietly going back here and already suggested this hotel to all my friends who love travelling.

• Stayed: August 2012