Holiday Inn Express Bangkok Siam
The Peninsula Bangkok(Bangkok)
USD 556
USD 529
1,844 results
All reviewsnational stadiumhi expressrooftop gardenwalking distance to mbkjim thompson houselaundry roombts stationfried ricetesco lotusfree wifithe breakfast areathe ground floorconvenient locationexcellent locationbudget hotelmajor shoppinghotel is located
Reviewed 29 June 2012

Hoel is only three months old and you could not get a more central spot if you tried. The hotel overlooks the National stadium and is less that 50 metres from the BKS Shilom Line and the MBK. Five floors filled to the rafters with gadgets galore. Discovery Centre and Madame Tassauds is a short stroll away. Decore is modern with the speediest, quietest lifts you can find. Air conditioning quite cold and my only criticism is the step down into the bathroom, The room is filled with sharp edges, chrome and marble and I predict there will be a few mishaps with older guests and children.
Breakfast is included and was excellent particularly the clever "Grab and Go" Large disposable cups for tea, latte or hot chocolate. Fast WIFI included!!

Will be bringing the family back for a longer stay next year.

Well Done

Room Tip: High floor 17-29 Front overlooking the stadium. I asked for a quiet room and was put in the back.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank wajela
Reviewed 23 June 2012

A brand new HIEX near Siam square in the heart of bangkok. The hotel is just a one minute walk to BTS. Conveniently located only one stop from Siam Paragon and three stops from Silom. One of the best HIEX I've stayed in. Good value for money.

Highlight (based on a consecutive 12 nights stay)
- Excellent interior of rooms and public areas
- Excellent air-conditioning in public areas
- Very nice view from the high floors
- Location is very convenient

Attention points:

-The rooms are not sound-proof. You will easily hear your neighbors talking.
- Rooms on the south side (facing the National Stadium) are rather noisy. You will easily hear the BTS train every 5 minutes from 6 am to midnight. This is very annoying.
-The coffee in breakfast is pre-brewed and has a quite synthetic taste.
-The "queen size" bed is small & too short in Western standards.

Room Tip: Nice self service laundry and dryer service is available on the 7th floor. You can easily wash your clothes for just 200 THB (2x 100THB; wash and dry). Avoid South facing rooms (national stadium side) due to the noise from the passing BTS trains (clear sound also from the 18th floor).
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
4  Thank Saär H
Reviewed 23 June 2012

This hotel is just next to National Stadium station. But to get to MBK, you will need to take the bridge next to the Thai Cultural Center. Location is good. We had booked connecting rooms and were pleased upon check in. We removed the bed runners and pillow tags for the night. Guess what it was where it is the next day after we came back in the evening. But rooms were already tidied so why the housekeeping had not put away those runners and tags? I like the idea of take-away breakfast. Though simple, it's enough for all of us. Overall, we have enjoyed our stay at the hotel.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank Yohyoh
Reviewed 22 June 2012

I was on holiday with my husband in Bangkok from 31 Mai 2012 to 4 June 2012 and 15 June until 17 June 2012. And we stayed at The Holiday Inn Express from 15 June to 17 June 2012

After that we went to Vietnam and came back Bangkok before we went back Switzerland. And here is my terrible experience by the Holiday Inn Express.

We arrived at the hotel after long time drive from the airport because the taxi driver didn't know exactly where the hotel is. Even I booked a room on booking.com already because I know this hotel is near MBK when we passed by on the way to Siam Siam Hotel ( at the first time in Bangkok ) and the Hotel look modern and beautiful outside.

Greeted us was an unfriendly receptionist. There were two receptionists there. And we checked in with one of them which was the most terrible reception I have seen in my travel alround. I didn' know that there wasn't doorbell there to help you bring your luggages to the room. It is still ok because I justed realised that the hence ""Inn Express"". But when I asked the receptionist that 'Do you habe somebody to help us bring our luggages to our room ? '. And she answered me ' You can bring it BY YOUR SELF madame". . As a reception at so elegant hotel I think that at least the receptionist could give a better answer. This is a Inn Express but definitely not a guest house. I am working also in Hospitality and I understand some mistakes can happen. But such a stupid answer by check in by The Holiday Inn Express, I would NEVER NEVER come back again.

We paid 72 Swiss Franc / night there. This price is not high to compare with other hotels in Bangkok but definite not cheap. Because the room is modern, clean but there wasn't a basic what you need in the bathroom and nothing in minibar. If you need some toothpas.... You need to collect the, at the reception. This is only a room that you can sleep.

English of the reception was not so good. And I still remembered that the next day when we walked by the reception, this unfriendly receptionist tried to pretend like she didn't see us.

One of the man Tuk Tuk in front of the hotel even showed my husband pictures of naked Thai women and asked him if he wants to have a service from a Thai prostitude. This I never can imagine it can happen outside direct in front of the hotel.

Room Tip: I can' give any tip to help travellers choose a good room because I will not come back this hotel again. It's better pay a little bit more and stay by Novotel.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Girl84_vietnam
Management response:Responded 25 June 2012

Dear Girl_84 Vietnam,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay at the New Holiday Inn Express Bangkok Siam. We are happy you thought the hotel was modern and in a great location but are sorry the hotel did not meet your expectations on this occasion in other areas. In response to some of you points I did want to explain.
1) Yes . The Holiday Inn Express concept worldwide does not provide a bell service. We provide airport style trolleys and have security teams on stand by at arrival to help life from your transport onto a trolley.

2) We are constantly monitoring our guest feedback and have in place training for our front office team on guest engagement. We will use your example in training's to prevent any future problems. In fairness all other reviews are very complimentary to our staff and am surprised of your issues you experienced. We will follow up.

3) Tuk Tuk drivers are not allowed outside the hotel at all and our security move them away if they try and part up. But we cannot stop any drivers parking down the road further or nearby our property. Therefore I believe you may have encountered the driver at nearby location. Again we have shared with our security team to move any tuk tuk drivers away.

Thanks again for your feedback,

Regards,

Sue

Reviewed 20 June 2012

We stay here for business travel, the room is clean, nice and new. The bathroom is big but you have to ask the reception if you need some thing like lotion, shaver or shampoo. The 32 inches TV in the room is not clear but good to have free WiFi in the room. There is a iphone ipod charger doc in the room as well. The breakfast is same everyday but good.

Room Tip: Try to select the room in the higher floor for good view.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business