“A Hidden Gem”

Park Plaza Bangkok Soi 18
Ranked #86 of 879 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed 13 March 2012

The Park Plaza Bangkok Soi 18 is tucked away on a quite side street off noisy Sukhumvit Road. It an excellent central location with lots of restuarants close by and a short walk to Asok BTS. The rooms are bright and contemporary - and well maintained. The staff in all areas are friendly and attentive. I stayed there for 10 days on a business trip recently which is a very long time in one place for me but my stay was enjoyable throughout. The roof pool deck was nice and relaxing although the pleasant airconditioned lounge area proved more of an attraction. I will be back in BKK again soon and will definitely stay there again. Hotels in BKK are generally great value for money; but this one is a gem.

Room Tip: None of the rooms have good views but the higher, the better.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
Peter L, General Manager at Park Plaza Bangkok Soi 18, responded to this reviewResponded 14 March 2012

Dear Ozman,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write to us on TripAdvisor and for your great positive review!

Thanks also for noting our location and our roof top pool deck!

I appreciate your feedback regarding your stay at the Park Plaza Bangkok Soi 18 and have shared these with my team. It is always a pleasure to receive positive review, which will serve as an encouragement to all our Associates as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

I thank you again for sharing your experience, and we hope to have the pleasure to welcome you, your family or friend to the Park Plaza Bangkok Soi 18!.

There are newer reviews for Park Plaza Bangkok Soi 18

Reviewed 11 March 2012

I have stayed at this property in the past and this visit was as good as before , always a reliable hotel in terms of value, amenities, staff, ambience, neighborhood, mgmt and room details.

I met Peter Lucas and he is a sterling example of how to manage a hotel property , he made time to be friendly and listened to any issues , however minor they might have been. Overall, I was very satisfied , so there was little to report on the negative side.

As well, Mr. Off was his usual self, going out of his way to ensure an enjoyable stay and an interesting, amiable gent.

Special honorable mentions/kudos , again, to the best bellboy/concierge staff in Bangkok :

The infamous Giant, who will attend to your every need and be a good friend throughout your stay.

Then there's Koko, who is a great guy , genuinely sincere in his desire to assist you , always.

What can I say about Dragon, except that he is one of the best people I have ever known in Thailand. I really like him alot and consider him a lifelong friend.

And Pok was a really helpful / friendly guy who always helped me with rides to the corner on the tuk tuk. They really know how to hire the right people at Park Plaza Soi 18. Way to go.

Everything else , room included , was just perfect. Outstanding housekeeping, everything worked in the room, great bathroom and shower, fresh and clean linens. Strong/ spacious lockbox.

I highly recommend Park Plaza Soi 18 and will stay there again in the future. Good food in the restaurant and a great manager ( Loom ) and nice staff members.

Thanks for everything PP Soi 18 !! See you ASAP !!

Stewart Woodward , Modesto CA USA

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo
Peter L, General Manager at Park Plaza Bangkok Soi 18, responded to this reviewResponded 12 March 2012

Dear Stewart,

Wow! Thank you soo much indeed for taking the time to write such an inspiring comment to us on TripAdvisor! This is exactly what we strive for.

I have posted this on our Client Feedback notice board outside our canteen for all our team members to see!

Thanks for noting our key team members such as Giant / Dragon / Koko and Pok as well as Mr Off.

Reviewed 10 March 2012

The location is good. It's not far from Asok BTS station and it runs free tuktuk ride to station. The view from your room might not be satisfactory, but the room condition is good and its service is quite impressive. It makes me feeel comfortable and my stay enjoyable.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family

Dear Lin,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write to us on TripAdvisor!

Reviewed 7 March 2012

We accidentally booked this hotel thinking we had booked the Park Plaza Sukhumvit which is literally one street away from this by Soi 16!
Due to proximity and similarity, I can't help but make comparisons with it's name sake. In terms of facilities it's just the same, and what I have come to expect with BKK hotels - rooftop pool, modern interiors, great rooms.
I prefer the other Park Plaza (look for my review!), although I prefered the design of this hotel and I preferred the rooftop pool. But this Park Plaza lacks slightly in the customer service - only slightly. But I thought the buffet breakfast was a let down here, sad to say. There is a nice breakfast place right across the street from the hotel and staring out the window at it while chewing on my stalish bread I couldn't help wondering if I would get a better brunch there!
Rooms here are just lovely - got upgraded to Superior, but all rooms have nice tall ceilings and generous dark-tiled bathrooms.
As I said, the pool is a great hang-out spot, although there is not enough shaded loungers. It looks like they are pushing for this to be a genuine rooftop bar. Sunset was glorious up here.
Location is a bit further from Asok station than the other Park Plaza, but it's not a huge issue.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank jodyodea
Peter L, General Manager at Park Plaza Bangkok Soi 18, responded to this reviewResponded 8 March 2012

Dear Jody,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write to us on TripAdvisor!

Glad to hear that you had enjoyed our hotel, the rooftop pool and our location. Many thanks for your comments on our breakfast. Just recently (as of 1st March 2012) we have increased our spread of items and layout, thus far is being very well received and lots of positive comments. In saying that we are still looking at additional items to grow the buffet spread. We are also just about to launch our delicious Park Plaza berry flavoured musli - really awesome!!

Reviewed 7 March 2012

This is a very good hotel in a convenient location. The small soi it's on is full of massage places and little food stalls. The room is very clean. Bed is comfortable. Free internet. They have free tuk tuk to take you to the main road-Sukhumvit but we rarely used it as it was not long of a walk. Very convenient for the sky train as well. The restaurant next door, P4 is very good and reasonable in prices. We did not try any food stall on this soi but they always seem to be busy. We tried a massage place, Jum Massage. 200 bhats for one hour of foot massage! Its really relaxing.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank travjud

Dear Travjud,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write to us on TripAdvisor! I was delighted to read you had a great stay and loved the location as well as the free Internet.

Sukhumvit Soi 18 is a terrific Soi, if not the best on Sukhumvit road, very quiet and easy access to Asoke train station.