“Relaxing weekend lunch”

Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Siam
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Cafe Chilli on the 8th floor of the Helix Quartier at Phrom Phong is well placed for a view of the beautifully constructed hanging garden feature that drops through the central atrium of the mall. It is also open to the soothing sounds of the water feature a few floors below, but that is counteracted by the loud dance music permeating the mall.

We ordered a northern style shredded chicken soup which has a very unique (in a good way) taste, a couple of Thai salads (bean with crispy pork, and papaya with crab and fermented fish) both of which were good examples of the type, though not exceptional. The southern style stir fried melinjo leaves (baai liang) with egg was excellent.

The maitre d’ spoke English well and was courteous and attentive without being overbearing which was good.

Portions were smallish for the price, but to be expected in high-end malls like this.

The only slight disappointment was that there were a few things on the menu that we wanted but were not in stock.

Overall a good spot to hang out for lunch over a weekend.

Reviewed 6 February 2018

I met some local friends here for dinner. Normally I would avid dining in a food court or mall, but of course have learned already that this can be different in Thailand. It certainly was here! The food was of outstanding quality, and beautifully presented. The menu represents several regions of Thailand I think, but I relied upon my Thai friend to order and we had several things that were memorable, including miang kum, haw mok, and pork rib soup, all of which were outstanding examples of those dishes from my experience. If you're in this area or the Siam Paragon mall I definitely recommend it.

Reviewed 1 February 2018 via mobile

i went to the restaurant as i put it in my list for visiting Bangkok this time. I ordered many foods and some are good.

Reviewed 7 January 2018 via mobile

Delicious thai food, great ambiance and good service! Waitress was extremely polite and offered excellent customer service!

2  Thank aimeef734
Reviewed 16 December 2017 via mobile

We had amazing food. I had the pineapple rice with shrimp and chicken and my husband had vegetable spring roles. However, the waiters were slow and dis not seem to like what they were doing.