“Buffet breakfast was lacking”

The Dining Room at Grand Hyatt Erawan Bangkok
Reserve with Chope
The Dining Room at Grand Hyatt Erawan Bangkok is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #218 of 12,395 Restaurants in Bangkok
Cuisines: Thai, International
Dining options: Breakfast, Buffet, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Buffet, Reservations
Reviewed 6 April 2018

Despite being a high end hotel, I'd expect a great buffet breakfast spread. Unfortunately, it was very expensive and even though it was an international style buffet, there were few main dishes and some didn't really stand out in terms of presentation and taste. Otherwise, it was a forgettable experience and believe there are much better options in other hotels.

grandhyatterawan, Assistant Director of Food & Beverage at The Dining Room at Grand Hyatt Erawan Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2018

Dear Eric L,

Thank you for visiting The Dining Room and taking the time to share your candid feedback on TripAdvisor.

We are disappointed to learn of our shortcoming in regards to providing variety and quality during the breakfast buffet.

At your convenience, I would like to personally touch base with you to gain more information.

Feedback of this nature is integral to the growth of our team, so any further detail into your experience is greatly appreciated.

Thank you and I look forward to speaking with you soon.

Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

We Came here for four breakfast the quality of the food is Good and consistent they also have a wide selection including noodles and fried rice

grandhyatterawan, Assistant Director of Food & Beverage at The Dining Room at Grand Hyatt Erawan Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2018

Dear daikin,

Thank you for your visit to The Dining Room for breakfast and we appreciate your time to review us on Trip Advisor.

We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed our cuisine as we pride ourselves on offering a wide variety of dishes to cater to our many guests from around the world.

We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 4 March 2018

I came here for breakfast. They serve a good variety of food and all tasted good.

Service is also good.

grandhyatterawan, Assistant Director of Food & Beverage at The Dining Room at Grand Hyatt Erawan Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded 5 March 2018

Dear Benny L,

Thank you for sharing your review on TripAdvisor and spending your morning with us at The Dining Room.

We are truly appreciative of your review and glad that you found our offering plentiful and flavorsome.

We hope that you join us again soon, whether for breakfast, lunch, dinner or brunch!

Reviewed 24 February 2018

Having recently been in Bangkok over a weekend, and not being the mood to stray too far from my accommodation, I decided that the buffet dinner at The Dining Room would be ideal. I chose to have dinner after 8.00 pm assuming that most of the early diners would have come and gone. Well, not quite...being a weekend, it was 80% full but I didn't have to wait long to be seated. I had a walk round to see what was on offer, and my initial impressions were that the spread was decent though not spectacular. Don't get me wrong, some of the dishes were pretty good. I especially liked the roast lamb (with rather nice mint jelly), and who could go wrong with fresh raw oysters, sashimi, and seafood cocktail. And while I'm no food expert. some of the other dishes I found slightly disappointing. For instance, the surface of the pan-fried foie gras looked (and tasted) charred, while the sushi was somewhat mediocre. Dessert was lovely although for some of the Thai options, I do wonder if it might be helpful to provide signs or instructions on how they're traditionally eaten, e.g., do you add ice, or should coconut milk be poured on top.

On the side, I found service to be attentive, and friendly. However, the atmosphere was a little raucous that evening as there appeared to be a birthday celebration going on. This came with kids (just being kids, I know) shrieking, running all over the place and chasing one another along the aisles. While no one seemed too perturbed by it, it did dampen my mood a little. If I'm being truly honest, I would give an overall rating of 3.5 out 5; nevertheless, it was a decent dinner.

grandhyatterawan, Assistant Director of Food & Beverage at The Dining Room at Grand Hyatt Erawan Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded 2 March 2018

Dear ianwyj,

Thank you very much for the candid and detailed account of your experience at The Dining Room for dinner.

Whether positive or negative, direct feedback is essential to our continued development, and rest assured this will be shared with both our culinary and service teams.

Our Lamb Rack with Mint Jelly is definitely crowd favorite, as are our raw bar items, so I am happy to here that you enjoyed these.

While we welcome celebratory guests and families alike, the raucous atmosphere is atypical for this outlet, so we apologize for any disturbance this may have caused during your dinner.

Again, thank you for your review on TripAdvisor, and should you return to Bangkok in the future, I would love to touch base with you in person on your next visit.

Thank you and please do not hesitate to contact me directly through my details below.

Best Regards,

ryan.mcmullin@hyatt.com

Reviewed 16 February 2018 via mobile

This is our third time having their buffet dinner. They serve good , fresh and quality food. We came back although the price is a bit high. Well done to all the chefs.

Dear Christy F,

Thank you for your review and continued patronage at The Dining Room!

Your kind words will be shared with our culinary team and we look forward to your fourth visit soon.

Best Regards,