“Probably best budget hotel in Bangkok”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Vic3 Bangkok

Vic3 Bangkok
Ranked #243 of 851 Hotels in Bangkok
thailand
“Probably best budget hotel in Bangkok”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 February 2012

It was until recently under the Accor chain under their All Seasons brand. The hotel is incredible value for money. The biggest minus is that the location is definitely not in a tourist area. It is convenient for the BTS though. A stone’s throw from the hotel, you can see the Sanam Pao BTS station. It is only three minutes walk to the stairs of that station from the hotel.
The room’s is like a little crammed 4 star hotel room. Very small, but it has everything. Modern flat screen TV, fridge without an annoying mini bar (there’s a 7/11 two minutes walk away), a safety deposit box and a very comfortable bed with air con which works like a dream. The shower feels the same as that of a five star hotel. You couldn’t imagine an insect in the room. The place was very clean.
Breakfast for two was included in my incredible room rate of about 900 baht and it was a nice breakfast. Nice staff too. You are a stone’s throw from the main road where you can hail your own taxi. Don’t take one from across the road as they will not go by meter. For a budget hotel this is about the best you’ll find in Bangkok if the location suits you.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank ianthailand

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Pontypridd, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 February 2012

I recently stayed at All Seasons Bangkok Victory Monument now known as Vic 3 and was not impressed from the moment we arrived. I had travelled from Vietnam to Bangkok and arrived hungry and thirsty but was told I was too early to register so asked if reception could change some money to Bahts so I could get some food and drink, they do not provide this service for guests so I had to go looking for a bank, not a good start. The hotel is very nice and contemporary so I thought things would get better but no, having breakfast next morning I found the selection for Westerners was pretty poor, the toast machine only warmed the bread so you had to put it through twice, very time consuming, I got some fried eggs and looked for butter there was none, I asked a waitress for butter and she went to the kitchen and came back with a man who said if I sat down he would bring me some butter he returned at least five minutes later with butter which was frozen solid so by the time I could use it my food was stone cold, I also found the orange juice had been diluted and when it ran out it was ages before it was replaced. I then went sightseeing around Bangkok, the hotel is ideally placed for the sky train although it's location is quite remote, I returned at 5.30 to discover the maid had just arrived to service the room so I adjourned to the over-priced bar for a drink until she had finished, while at the bar I noticed a steady stream of guests returning to the hotel with drinks from the 7-11 convenience store 50 yards away, the hotel has certainly missed a trick there no wonder the bar was always deserted. Next day after sightseeing I returned to the hotel to find the maid just finishing servicing the room again at 5.30, anyway my wife and I showered and changed and went down to reception and asked them to order a taxi to take us to Chinatown for the evening, an hour later we were still waiting for a taxi and managed to flag down one passing the hotel, very poor service. On our last day we returned from sightseeing and as the room had not been serviced I put the Do Not Disturb sign on the door so we could get some rest as we had an early start the next day, twenty minutes later the phone rang, it was housekeeping wanting to know if they could service the room, words fail me. I also found there was a disturbing amount of noise coming from other rooms and domestic staff. On the last day we were due to leave at 6.00 am, our taxi arrived and I went to check out only to suffer the indignity of being told to wait while reception contacted housekeeping to end someone to inspect our roombefore we could leave even though they had taken my credit card details when I arrived. I have never previously stayed in a hotel that is so badly managed and hopefully I never will again.

Room Tip: Go to another hotel
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank hopkinstownboy
Malaysia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 February 2012

I stayed at this hotel for 5 nights. The hotel is new, nice, clean and near to BTS. It is convenient to go most of tourist attractions by bts. Easy to get taxi from the hotel also. The staff are friendly and quite helpful. The only problem is that there is no many restaurant nearby. I could only find one vietnam and one japanese restaurant. The hotel staff said there is one thai restaurant at soi 5 but i couldn't fine. The breakfast is ok, but can be improved with more varieties. I must say i enjoyed staying here.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family