“Excellent stay”

Hansar Bangkok Hotel
Ranked #44 of 889 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed 28 March 2012

It might be one of the best hotels I have ever stayed in, and I have a lot of similar hotels to compare it to. The service is great, the rooms are huge, and have all the amendities (and free minibar) that you might ever need (also as a female traveller = conditioner and decent products). The location is very good, just a few steps away from the BTS. I will definately come back!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business

Reviewed 27 March 2012

We spent 2 nights in the hansar Bangkok and was the most beautiful experience we had
- the hotel location is great near four seasons. It is verynquite yet near all the big shopping malls and night market
- the bedroom is chic type with wooden decor and connected to large bathub, bathroom and toilets ( all in glass). Best bed i have ever stayed - better than westin comforty
- the rainy shower is unique with high pressure
- you get complimentary soft drinks and snacks in the fridge

- wifi is free and can access anywhere with the same password including lobby and restaurants
- breakfast is abundant and a lot of choices and we ate at 1030hrs and hence no need to have lunch
- the Thai cafe at the ground floor is great and they have make your own sandwich at less than $9 including French fries
- both myself and my wife had best spa
- the staff are great especially restaurant, bellboy and concierge are the best
- what I like most is that our flight was at night and they allowed us to use the health facilities ( pool, gym, jacuzzi, shower) until our departure time to airport. We use the changing room with locking facilites and got towell and all the amenities as well. This is very convenient and I have never seen this in my travels
- to conserve electricity, the hotel uses open air system in the corridors which I find very interesting and natural

I can't find any faults at all which is unique

Best of the best in Bangkok, find out yourself you will never regret. We would definitely stay here again and is highly recommended in bangkok

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 March 2012

There are many good things to speak about the hotel, from the room, the pool, to the breakfast and staff members - all meeting the expectation of a guest wishing to stay at the Hansar, or the SLH-chain of hotels. I had a great stay here and breakfast was something that definitely should not be missed. We even skipped our origial plan for in-room breakfast because it's too hard to choose from the menu.

What disappoints me was the lack of attentiveness by the staff. True, they are excellent and always helpful and nice to their guest. But this is part of the SLH chain. Plus it's Bangkok, isn't it given? I cannot be blamed for expecting a little tiny more. First of all, I was staying here for my birthday weekend, and my birthday was on the check-out day. I am also a SLH member. Upon check-in, the hotel made sure that they had a photocopy of all passport of every guest - and yes, every single guest. Okay, I was NOT expecting anything fancy like birthday cake or anything (at least my other friend who was staying at a 4-star hotel in Bangkok only the week before got a small surprise from the hotel staff - a birthday song!), but should I at least get some birthday greetings?! I got no card no greetings from any of the staff. The staff who helped with my check-out even flipped through my passport copy upon check-out! Plus, the fact that my friends have actually arranged for flowers and a few other birthday surprises VIA the hotel prior to arrival. Shouldn't that be a hint that at least one of their guests is having a birthday?! Sorry, no nothing from anyone at the hotel. Not even a simple "happy birthday". Sorry, I was truly disappointed. It's Hansar and not some other regular BKK hotel. The only "birthday" association made was that my friends were repeatedly reminded by the concierge to pay for the flowers ASAP.

Perhaps I need to be staying in the most expensive suite to deserve some more attention? I have no idea.

But in any event, many thanks to all the staff serving breakfast area who allowed us to come in late and still served us, and the staff at the pool.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank mscl
Reviewed 27 March 2012

We spent 4 nights in the Hansar in early Feb.2012, and found it to be a high-end boutique hotel. Everything was excellent from being met at the airport by the hotel car, to when we left. In an Urban suite, which is just described in their website (not always the case with some hotels). Free wi-fi worked well. Complimentary snacks and drinks nice touch. Skytrain station at end of street, 24 hour convenience store across the road, shopping area and malls within walking distance. Buffet breakfast changed slightly each day, and we also had dinner at Cafe Boca - good quality food and service in both places.The staff throughout the hotel and restaurants were very professional, friendly, and went out of their way to make our stay enjoyable.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 March 2012

We stayed at the Hansar Hotel for 4 nights in a studio suite. The room was fantastic: lots of living space and storage space, beautiful décor, very large and clean bathroom (with fabulous water pressure in the rain shower). The washing machine in the room was quite useful as well (dryer takes a long time).
The common spaces are limited but nicely done. The breakfast was amazing with a large spread of hot and cold items as well as eggs to order. The spa experience was very personal and attentive – best massage I have ever had and I have had many! The staff was very friendly and ready to help.
The location is good and bad – good because it is right next to the BTS with easy access to shopping malls and newer Bangkok; bad because it is hard to get to the touristy spots – taxis are easy to get but traffic is horrendous (make sure you take a hotel card to show taxi drivers as most did not seem to know where the hotel was located).
We would definitely stay here again and recommend it highly.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple