“Excellent!”

Cuisines: Indian, Contemporary
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Bar Scene, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Pleasantly surprised with the friendliness of staff, ever-changing courses, and charming atmosphere. The “lick it up” course put the patrons at ease and got rid of any stuffiness. Every dish was an orgasm of flavor in my mouth. I’m glad I got to experience Gaggan and highly recommend it to anyone visiting Bangkok and wanting to savor one of the best restaurants in Asia. My girlfriend had flowers delivered to surprise me. Everything was secretly coordinated and I was shocked.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,188)

Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

This is an experience, and one I would recommend to have once in your life. The menu was an Emoji menu which made every little bite-sized dish a surprise as you try to imagine what comes next based on the emoji. Out of the 20+ small bites, I would say I was pleasantly surprised by most of them. Rather than explaining each one, see pics! I couldn't stop documenting the experience.

Warning: Vey expensive, but suppose that comes with being the top rated restaurant in Asia

Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

As self-proclaimed foodies, hubby and I knew we would do everything we could to get a reservation at Gaggan before it closes in 2020. After a lot of back and forth via email with the reservation department we finally got a date!

In order to allow you as the reader to experience Gaggan to its fullest I'm going to leave any details about the menu out but I will say that the food, atmosphere staff and experience were incredible!! I wish we lived closer so we could go back before 2020! Unfortunately the chef was in Macau the night of our reservation ( he was receiving the San Pellegrino award for best restaurant in Asia for the fourth year in a row, no big deal ) so unfortunately we did not get to meet him in person but the family feel to his restaurant definitely made us feel at home.

If you can get reservations at Gaggan while in Bangkok, GO! Be ready for a risky culinary adventure that is packed with flavor and engages all of your senses !

Reviewed 2 April 2018

A 25 course tasting menu that both delights and surprises. Don't be put off or don't be overly excited by the Indian cuisine label as it is more an asian infusion of flavours and tastes. In truth I was slightly disappointed by the fact that by the end of the dinner I didn't feel I had experienced the best of India, but rather the flavours of Asia. With a tasting menu, especially a 25 course one!, there are always bites of pure pleasure, of which you would like more, and inevitably some less. In fact there was only one dish that I definitely wanted less of and many where I would have loved to indulge more, and that in someways, for me, is the stumbling block as although having enjoyed the dinner I would not rush to return as in many ways it is a, one off, unique experience. One other aspect that may be an issue for some, given the price, the tables are very close together and hence it is definitely an experience shared with fellow diners. Hence, If this is not your idea of fine dining or indeed if you work for an intelligence agency, then this restaurant should be avoided at all costs.

Reviewed 1 April 2018

What struck us as odd when entering the restaurant is that it had a huge amount of tables and dinners for a fine-dining establishment. Some of the best Michelin starred restaurants have no more than 20 seats. The largest ones may have 50 or so. This one had a lot more and two dining slots for dinner (when it's usually just one). "How do they do it?", we asked ourselves. The answer came in the form of ready made dishes. Only 2 out of the 15 courses were hot. This is a mockery of the guests who pay 170 € to say the least. Very few of the dishes where tasty, even fewer where original and none had the wow factor you would expect from such a highly acclaimed restaurant.
Gaggan does not deserve any Michelin stars or being featured in the world's 50 best restaurants list. I think that it has won so many awards because of good marketing (Netflix's Chef's Table etc) and because the comparisons with eastern or Japanese restaurants fade because of the distance. Chef Gaggan's cuisine is a prefabricated poor copy of some European Michelin starred restaurants with the addition of hot chili and Indian spices.

2  Thank monsierRatatouille