2,722 results
All reviews wxyz bar urban room crave restaurant tuk tuk funky hotel spg member bars and restaurants nana bts station four points night life w hotel coffee machine high floor street food rooftop pool sukhumvit nightlife
Reviewed 26 February 2013

Staffs and hotel are great. but the hotel are too far from the BTS station, the walk in the morning are still ok, when it come to night it is a different story street are too narrow plus all the " van bars" are open you will end up walking on the street with all the cars. plus the street are full of " working ladies" not good for the kids to see, families stay away.

Room Tip: Higher floor plus non smoking
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Traveler168128
AloftBangkok, Assistant Marketing Communications Manager at Aloft Bangkok - Sukhumvit 11, responded to this reviewResponded 4 March 2013

Hello Traveler168128,

Thank you very much for taking time on this review. We are glad to hear that our staffs had treated you well :) but we regret to know that you had encountered a negative experience along the Soi. We admitted that the hotel is located far away from the mouth of the Soi, yet we are trying to minimize that issue by offering a free Tuk Tuk service to drive you back and forth. At night time, the Soi is quite busy as it is where restaurants, bars, and nightclubs are mingling. We apologize if it is too busy for you, and hope that we could get to see you next time if you will be here with your couple :)

Look forward to seeing you again.

Best Regards,

Reviewed 25 February 2013

Stayed there 1 extra night at the end of a business trip (read other review of the Metropolitan Bangkok I posted yesterday). This is the cheaper version of the Four Points by Sheraton located on Soi 15. Location is just in the heart of the Sukhumvit nightlife, plenty of bars and pubs around. If you're looking for typical Thailand calm and rest, you're in the wrong place. Hotel is very new, modern, flashy colors and deco. Nonetheless it has all one can expect, big flat TV, rainshower (no bathtub), comfy bed. Amenities are cheap, but this is not the point here. Being SPG Platinum, I was upgraded to Urban view room on 19th floor. Room was quite small, but again, it was just a place to sleep, not spending the week-end. The 2nd floor bar has happy hour and decent prices and apparently turns into a night club on week ends nights.
So, what you see is what you get, this place is best for shopping/party, not for romance nor business. And not for Thai food either, not surprisingly (reference to the previous review about quality of pad thai ordered in room service).
I had no time to check out the gym but, according to website photos, it looks like the rest of the hotel, well appointed and modern.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Frog_Singap
AloftBangkok, Assistant Marketing Communications Manager at Aloft Bangkok - Sukhumvit 11, responded to this reviewResponded 5 March 2013

Hello Frog_Singap,

Thank you very for choosing Aloft Bangkok - Sukhumvit 11 to end up your business trip. We offer a style at a steal to travelers who love to find an a-list experience in an affordable price. Hope you had a great time with us. We admitted that our guestrooms are not as big as others, but as you saw, it's spacious and has most of the things one needs, especially plug 'n' play connectivity where it is very convenient for both business and leisure travelers.

The area is best for shopping and party as you said. We regret to know that Thai food from our in-room service were not up to your standard. We've acknowledged and will improve the taste to get your impression for the next time you plan to visit :)

So we look forward to seeing you again here at the hotel.

Best Regards,

Reviewed 25 February 2013

Sometimes when I read these reviews, I wonder if the reviewer and I have stayed at the same hotel. Then I realize that often reviewers comments are more reflective of their own bad behavior than the hotel staff or property. Such is the case with some of the reviews on Aloft in Bangkok.

When I first approached the hotel from the street with my bags the porter immediately came to help me. The hotel staff was quick to check me in letting me know that there would be a small wait for my room. It was available about two minutes later.

My room and interaction with hotel staff has been perfect. The hotel is a good value for the money and I recommend it knowing that unless you are an ugly American, you will be pleased.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Man-of-Mystery-007
AloftBangkok, Assistant Marketing Communications Manager at Aloft Bangkok - Sukhumvit 11, responded to this reviewResponded 7 March 2013

Hello Man-of-Mystery-007,

Thank you much dropping this great review on TripAdvisor for us and thank you for choosing us as your place to stay and experience while in Bangkok. We are glad that you understand us. We admitted about some negative reviews we have encountered and we have been willing to improve. Nevertheless, we are delighted to know that you did not experience that kind of experience while staying here. Hope our staffs had treated you quite well :)

We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Live Life Aloft!

Reviewed 25 February 2013

LOCATION = great! BTS is nearby (and with free shuttle tuktuk service if too lazy to walk 7 mins). STAFF= friendly, knowledgeable, trustworthy, smiling-all-the-way. ROOM= very comfy for resting. HOTEL= complete facilities, helpful and thoughtful with a traveler's needs.

Hotel is trendy, and very happy with it! The settings and room design brings happy vibe. highly recommended for young travelers: couples, groups and also family who come to Bangkok for leisure. Not that recommended for work-travel.

More on the things I love:
Big bed, I asked for two separate bed, which comes in two BIG bed, literally suitable for two persons each bed. Lots of pillows, very quiet even though it's in a lively street (I'm at 25th floor), room is equipped with coffee/tea maker, BIG tv, small sofa. Very thoughtful room. The concierge prepared us take-away breakfast as we went on an early tour.

The only cutback is that the cleaning service either forgot to change/clean our glasses, so our used glasses remained as they were even though the room was cleaned already. Another one is that the breakfast menu at the restaurant did not change from day two and three (we had take-away breakfast on day 1, which was handy and amazing). But won't complaint, as the most important things are covered and more than expected!

The concierge was VERY HELPFUL and TRUSTWORTHY. We ordered a floating market_+ river kwai tour, CHEAP and super worth it. Got discounts from the already cheaper than other price, and we figured that the price included Jeath museum tickets (which other tour participants from other hotels didn't have!). THANK YOU PERM, very kind and helpful and gave superb service!

I am an SPG member, so I almost always stay at SPG hotels chain, but this experience stands out even compared to my stay at Westin and Sheraton. Definitely suitable for leisure travel, good rest and staff is ready to assist you with everything.

RECOMMENDATIONS: asks concierge when you are confused with anything, they gave best advice. I asked about everything, from money changer to tour provider to dresscode for some places to thai silk store and tailor. Not once that I was disappointed. ALL GREAT!

Room Tip: Ask for a room on a higher level if possible, view is better and it's super duper quiet. I also recommend to buy a room with breakfast package if you have early tour (they will prepare your breakfast to go, which was very convenient and complete with fruits and yogurt).
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family

Hello pmulia,

Hope you brought your a-list experience back to New York as well. Thank you very much for taking times to write this review and has recommended our hotel here! We appreciated that very much :) Love to see all your lovely comments on the things you loved about us, such as our guestroom's amenities and take-away breakfast. As you mentioned about the used glasses in the room, we apologize that our housekeeping did not replace you new glasses. We would make sure our HK look around with more care. And we're glad that our concierge guy, Perm, has guided you well. We will bring this compliment to him as soon as possible.

Hope that we could get to offer you a-great service again!

Live Life Aloft!

Reviewed 24 February 2013

This is like an up market back packers! Certainly it's not for families. Nor is it value for money. The decor is modern but slightly worn and just a little bit...cheap. The room service is awful especially the pad thai. On the positives I agree it is central, breakfast was surprisingly good, pool was small but lovely and the service reasonable. But unless you get an awesome deal, stay elsewhere!

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank familyfuninsun
Justin M, General Manager at Aloft Bangkok - Sukhumvit 11, responded to this reviewResponded 25 February 2013

Dear familyfuninsun

I was extremely disappointed to read your recent review of your stay at Aloft Bangkok. I’ve sent you a separate message via TripAdvisor to gain more insight of your visit and I sincerely apologise for the room service experience not living up to our standards. I’ll personally look in to these once I receive your reply. I am pleased you found Aloft Bangkok centrally located and enjoyed our breakfast & pool.

I look forward to hearing from you very soon and once again, please accept my apology.

Many thanks