2,753 results
All reviews wxyz bar urban room crave restaurant tuk tuk funky hotel spg member bars and restaurants nana bts station four points night life w hotel coffee machine high floor street food rooftop pool early check sukhumvit
Reviewed 25 June 2012

Stayed at Aloft with a group of 30 colleagues on an incentive trip. Everything was arranged through the hotel: trips, meals, nights out etc and the whole thing ran smoothly and was great value.

As others have mentioned, the hotel is funky and high-tech. The bars and club are attractive and lively.

What made it for us was the great location. Bed and Q clubs are right on the doorstep and a host of other bars and clubs are only a short hop away. It's a short walk to the Terminal 21 mall, which has some excellent clothes shops. All in all I'd highly recommend Aloft as the base for a fun weekend in Bangkok...

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
AloftBangkok, Management Team at Aloft Bangkok - Sukhumvit 11, responded to this reviewResponded 11 September 2012

Hello Gaffee,

Thank you for the review. Glad to know that you had a great time staying at Aloft Bangkok. The hotel is exactly perfect for young, outgoing, and tech-savvy crew or even young-at-heart kind of persons are always welcome! Our location is great for a social scene where you could find a lot of good food and drinks, and shopping places. It's very convenient. So, please come by next time when you plan to visit Bangkok.

Best Regards,

Reviewed 23 June 2012

We were recommended this hotel by a friend who visits Bangkok regularly. We don't and were only in town for 2 nights but we were impressed.
For the last minute price we got, it was very good.
Clean, modern and high tech (loved the plug for charging electronics in the safe!) and well located for what we were looking for.
Bit hard to find as it is right down the end of the street, but the staff were helpful and we didn't have to lug our own bags up the steps.
The street it is on has lots of bars, restaurants and shops etc and isn't far from the sky train from Nana.
The bed was large and comfy, the room well equipped and clean and the air con very efficient.
The gym was small but high tech (iPod can plug in and web browsing available while you run!) and equipment is new.
Would return.

Date of stay: June 2012
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lix07
Reviewed 22 June 2012

Well what can i say, i usually go with trip advisor rankings(always try to stay 50 and below) but i decided to try this hotel because it was new and the location. I made the big mistake, this hotel does have some positive side but that's usually everywhere in bangkok where standards of 4 stars are very high. When it comes to hotels in bangkok i am very picky, i can be since i travelled to bangkok over ten times in(over 50 nights) last 4 years and stayed at many different hotels that are in 4-5 star range. Here are the my posttives and negatives.

Negatives.
1. Arrived at 1130pm and when i got out of taxi there were nobody to help with my bags. Very bad first impression, I know it's late but no excuse. I was tired and i had to walk many stairs to reception. And when i finally got to the reception no apology. So i guess this happens alot when you arrive early or late.
2. Staffs are one of the most weakest point of this hotel. If you in bangkok for the first or second time your probably ok with service, but i know hotels in bangkok has high standards compare to other countries. except 1-2 girls at the check in desk rest of the staff especially one's that help you with the bags and transportation are useless.
3. If your single, whatever your interested you should have privacy in bangkok. I had a friend(girl) come and visit me at the hotel. No problems for most of the hotels i stayed but when front desk called me to verify i was expecting a guest i told them yes and send the guet to my room. But the staff told me i have to come down and get the guest myself. I said are you serious? and asked them why and they told me it's for security reasons' are you kidding me? they called me and verified the guest name to me so what's the security problem? unexceptable.
4.Style of this hotels is not for everybody. Especially at night when you walk in to the lobby it's very loud. Too funky for me. I party outside and hotels for me to relax. So if your not a fan of funky and loud hotels stay away.

Positives.
Since it's new hotel, rooms and facilities are pretty good. I stayed in the urban room with good views of the city. But if you get into chic rooms you will have no view, but the rooms are same. And they do have very good breakfast for a 4 star hotel. They have egg stations and options are pretty good. Location are excellent, bed supper club is just in front of the hotel and it sits on the very busy street full of bars and massage, so you won't be bored.

Bottom line
This hotel has too many negatives for me to even consider staying agian. I will not stay again at this property. Theres so many option to choose from especially in sukumvit area in bangkok. It's sad that i have to speak bad about starwood properties since i am a member and like starwood property very much, but i will skip this one.

• Trip type: Travelled solo
5  Thank thailove
Management response:Responded 25 June 2012

Dear Reviewer,

I was disappointed to read and apologise that you did not receive the expected level of assistance upon arrival to the Hotel and with transport requirements. We do have staff rostered on 24 hours and I have discussed this review with the Operations Manager to investigate what happened.

One of the things all Starwood Hotels and Resorts worldwide take very seriously is safety and security and therefore we have strict guidelines in place to ensure all our guests can be confident that their safety and security is treated as a priority. As you will recall, our elevators are equipped with card readers to only allow access to the floor for the registered guests. I do apologise for the inconvenience caused to you by having to come to the Lobby to collect your visitor. If you wish to register your visitor, then this situation can be avoided in the future.

Thanks for your positive comments regarding the room, location and breakfast.

Kind regards,

Brendan Daly

Reviewed 21 June 2012

Very fancy and high tech rooms, friendly and helpful staff. They seemed a bit confused at times but that is only because the hotel has been opened for about 6 months. Although the bed boy in the front is not as useful as he should be I came to this hotel on 3 different occasions and every time I had to carry my own luggage up and down the stairs. The hotel is in an excellent location right across from BED club and around the corner from Q-bar, BED club has hip hop Tuesday night and Model Wednesday nights. There is a lot of excellent street food on Soi 11 and it is directly on the same block as the NANA train station. Their prices per night are really reasonable as it comes with free wifi. They also have a night club inside the hotel. If you are a starwood member or just on a semi budget but want a super comfortable room with amazing showers this is the place to go !

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank Jcxny
Reviewed 18 June 2012

My room comes with a phone. A proper phone that I can use to make calls to Australia without it costing $30 every couple of minutes. It has Facebook, Google maps and Twitter. I can take photos with it. Oh, and it turns the air conditioning on, changes channel on the TV, turns the lights off at night and sets the 'do not disturb' on the door. I can call the hotel from it and they will send a taxi to exactly where I am standing to take me back to the hotel. If the hotel sucked in every other aspect this one feature means that I now expect a phone from my next international hotel. Except it doesn't suck.

HDMI? Don't mind if I do. I have a USB port in my wall point that connects to the 42" TV so I can plug my laptop in and play movies. There are plenty of universal power points for my stuff so no need for an adapter. No laptop? The TV includes Apple TV account so I can login to my account and play movies in HD. Oh, and free WiFi that's really, really fast so I could just watch YouTube or stream straight from the web. Did I mention the iPhone/iPod dock so I can play own music?

The rooms have Paul Smith striped tiles in the shower. It's large and delivers a decent amount of water but there is no bath. The bed is typical SPG - very comfortable. The room size is adequate. The corridors to the room have a real atmosphere with clever lighting and colours.

The hotel itself is bright and funky, lots of floor to ceiling glass with neons and bright colours. It's a breath of fresh air compared to the predictable and functional hotels and a surprising change in direction for the SPG group. There are Vespa motorbikes as an art installation. They have clear glass bowl chairs suspended from the ceiling.

There is a bar with a free pool table and free table soccer - it too old school? There's a free PS3 with two controller wands. And lots of brightly coloured bean bags in a light and airy space. The restaurant one the first floor has a buffet style menu for those on the go and a pretty good wine list too. The breakfast is just okay and basic but you can get continental, cereals, Thai style or an English-style! There is also a 24/7 café for snacks, beers or light food.

There's a night club too and while it’s pretty noisy when you are in the room you can’t hear a thing. The bar has an excellent selection of cocktails and it needs to have; the area has some very notable Bangkok bars (bedsupperclub, Oskars, Q-bar etc). The cocktail menu is top-notch too and even if you’re not staying in the hotel it should be a bar you’d visit on a night out. The area is certainly up and coming for Bangkok and I love the Vee Dub bars that block half the road in the evenings to set up shop.

There is a small pool and a small but well equipped gym. The pool is an infinity style so when you look across from the bar it seems to disappear off the edge of the building which is fun (unless you suffer from vertigo).

Complaints? Lots of steps to drag my 26kgs bag to the reception and not a lot of help. There is very little storage in the room for someone who is staying there on business for two weeks. If my girlfriend was here we’d be stuck for space. The ironing board comes up to my knees. Seriously, I get a backache trying to iron my shirt and its 5 bucks to get the hotel to do it.

It sets itself out from other hotels really well and prioritised my needs accurately. It differentiates, it's contemporary, it's clever rather than clever marketing and it's loaded with gadget appeal (I love the phone concept). I typically stay in a 5* hotel when I travel internationally - now they have to raise their game to identify and cater to my needs.

Room tip: If you are travelling overseas get the Fingi phone
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
3  Thank muddyrider_mark
AloftBangkok, Management Team at Aloft Bangkok - Sukhumvit 11, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2012

Hello muddyrider_mark,

Wow! have a present time reading your review. thank you very much for a fine review. This is great for our guests who haven't tried our hotel yet. We're happy that you love our Touch Room and found it very convenient for your stay. It sounds that you are quite tech-savvy person & we LOVE that :) Thank you for trying out many of our savvy facilities and cool gadgets.

Apologies for a shortage of our bell boy at the time of your arrival. We normally have our talent standby in front of the hotel to help every single guest, but sometimes it is a peak time of guest's checking in/out. We regret to hear that you were not being approached.

Hope that we could see you again at your next Bangkok visit.

Best regards,