2,700 results
All reviewswxyz barurban roomcrave restauranttuk tukfunky hotelspg memberbars and restaurantsnana bts stationfour pointsnight lifew hotelcoffee machinehigh floorstreet foodrooftop poolsukhumvitnightlife
Reviewed 23 May 2012

We picked this hotel - unfinished last year for this years Rotary Internalional Convention. What a great surpise with the new hotel, modern rooms - very clean/functional and well appointed at a good rate. The staff are friendly and professional and keen to be of service. Having visited more pretegious Bangkok hotels I will head for the Aloft anytime. Great atmosphere. Met the GM Brendan (an fellow aussie) on our last morning (helping clear the breakfast dishes) shared his experiences and complimented them all. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Tim M
Reviewed 22 May 2012

I didn't stay at the hotel, but I did stop into the hotel bar: W XYZ (I couldn't find a seperate listing to review this). These were the best drinks - and I mean anywhere, not just Bangkok. The mixologists here are amazing, such unique mixes of cocktails.

For example:
sparkling wine w/fruit, served with a small plate that has marinated strawberry slices covered in Pop Rocks! SO good!

Many drinks have nitrogen, so they come to you steaming.

Loved this place, they made drinking so much fun! :)

TIP: this is right across the street from Bed Supperclub. It was pouring rain, so our cabbie pulled into the hotel and we waited out the rain at the bar. SO, if you are going to Bed, go early and stop here for a cocktail first.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank cutecdnchick
AloftBangkok, Management Team at Aloft Bangkok - Sukhumvit 11, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2012

Hello cutecdnchick!

Thank you so much for dropping by our w xyz bar, a place to surprise you with our signature Molecular Cocktails .

The drink that you tried is called "Heaven on Earth" we believe. This is one of our best Molecular Cocktails that our guests love! The drink is not a sparkling wine, but rather a mix of vodka la pour, apple juice and elderflower syrup that create a sweet smell & finish with a liquid nitrogen to add a little gimmick to the drink.

Glad that you love the place & we hope to see you again more often!

Live Life Aloft!

Reviewed 21 May 2012

I like it that the hotel is new and clean. The beds are comfortable and are not the usual hard beds in Thailand. The insulation from noise is very good too - both from the corridors and from outside. I requested for a quiet room and I was placed in one.

Overall good experience.

What could be improved:
1. They didnt orient us on which floor is breakfast, etc. We assumed it was on the ground floor as there were tables, but the food on offer was limited. Didnt know there was a more extensive spread on the 8th floor
2. Accomodation for late checkout - I just lost my Gold status but my flight was at 6pm. Wanted to check in by 3pm so that I can freshen up before going to the airport. They gave several conflicting reasons for why they cannot accommodate the request. But I guess given the price and all the other goods things I can look past this.
3. It's part of the Starwood hotel chain - so I would have expected that they screen the people coming in - prostitutes were coming in and out as if the hotel was a girly bar.

The location is bad - prostitutes walking around the area all the time. However, they do not harrass you in any way. So if you can look past that - the hotel is good value.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank Daphne G
Reviewed 20 May 2012

free internet, location near many bars, and condoms in the room are positives if that's your scene.

BUT just five months after opening, this place looks tired and run/beaten down. Cheap surfaces/faux wood/tiles are already either damaged or discolored.

We were afraid to sit anywhere but the bed. The upholstery everywhere is filthy, the rooms were notably grimy, with greese and stains all over the tables and the "white" walls colored by who knows what.

Based on this first aloft experience, we'd say leave your "starwood" expectations at the door and don't believe the hype. Can't imagine coming back and wouldn't recommend this place to friends.

oh yeah, almost forgot, there's construction all around the building.

Room Tip: choose a different hotel, or try an upgrade to the most expensive room. hopefully that one has less wear and tear.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
4  Thank Boojie
AloftBangkokGM, General Manager at Aloft Bangkok - Sukhumvit 11, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2012

Dear Boojie,

Thanks for taking the time to post your review.

I was surprised and of course disappointed to read your comments regarding the condition and cleanliness of your Hotel room. We have a maintenance programme and thorough room inspection program in place to ensure all rooms are at the standard you would expect.

I am unable to ascertain your reservation name based on your user ID and therefore identify the room you were placed in. If you would be so kind as to email me at brendan.daly@alofthotels.com with your room number so I can personally invesitigate and follow up.

I would like to apologise for the inconvenience caused.

Kind regards,

Brendan Daly

Reviewed 20 May 2012

I stayed in this hotel for four nights on May 2012. Nothing much to complain about: It's a brand new hotel, the rooms are quite nice (I got a basic one which is quite small). Here is my feedback:

Good things:
- Clean
- Enormous TV screen in the room!
- Good room service (at least for the Pad Thai that I've ordered)
- Good Breakfast

Bad things:
- Service is quite average as per Thai standards
- I've asked to get a DVD player in my room, but I've been told it would cost 1.000 baht a day, which is really too expensive! (for more than a day it would be even cheaper to buy one!). I thing they could lend it for free, at least for spg platinum members...
- No lounge for spg platinum members

Other things to be aware of:
- The hotel is located in Sukhumvit, which is a nightlife spot in Bangkok. It's in front of a night club (hotel gave you an entry voucher at check in), so the area is very noisy and there are some working girls outside. For this reason I wouldn't recommend any hotel in this area if you come with children.
- hotel is about 15 minutes walk to Nana BTS station. Hotel provides a very flexible (on demand) free shuttle.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple