I've been through Bankok on business several times and usually stay in the Sukhumvit area. My suppliers previouly had set me up at the Westin, just two streets (soi's) down from this Sheraton. This trip, they told me they were using a new place, so I gave it a try.
I was pleasantly surprised when I arrived at this Four Points on Soi 15. The place is almost brand new and in great condition. Needless to say, everything is up to date and in good condition. Check-In was a breeze and the staff were very friendly and helpful. My room was beautiful and very comfortable. The design is very modern and the layout very convenient for working and relaxing. Wi-Fi was a bit slow, but they have wired internet as well, and that worked well -- a cable is provided, so just plug-in and go.
I had breakfast in the hotel restaurants both mornings and they have an outstanding buffet which I really enjoyed. I did not try any other meals there as I know the area fairly well and ventured out to some of my old favorites.
Compared to the Westin, this Four Points is just a little less luxurious, but significantly less expensive and just as comfortable. The staff is a little less stuffy, too! This will be my new "home" next time I'm in Bangkok for business.
A few tips to help you out with this location:
1. The hotel is located off of Sukhumvit, down Soi 15 just a little way. Your driver may not be familiar with it since it is relatively new, so be sure to tell them to head down Soi 15. You cannot see this place from Sukhumvit.
2. If you are staying for a few days and need to do laundry, I like to take mine to a local shop outside the hotel. They generally charge about 50-100 baht for 1 Kg of clothes (about $2-$3 for roughly 2.2 pounds of dirty laundry). I can generally get all my laundry done for less than the hotel charges to wash one pair of underwear! Ask at the desk or just look around while you are out walking. There are a lot of shops in the area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Conveniently located next to the BTS Asok Skytrain and Sukhumvit Metro Station within 5 min walking distance, the Four Points by Sheraton Bangkok provides comfy and affordable rooms and suites, enhanced with various restaurants and bars, swimming pool, gym and complimentary set of four star plus amenities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Starwood APAC, Evoline ltd, Agoda, Booking.com, Expedia APAC, lastminute.com.au, Hotels.com, Wotif.com, TripOnline SA, Hooroo Pty Ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Four Points By Sheraton Bangkok, Sukhumvit 15 reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- 4 Points By Sheraton Bangkok, Sukhumvit 15
- Four Points By Sheraton Bangkok, Sukhumvit 15 Hotel Bangkok