“Perfect Meal with Perfect View”
Review of Rib Room & Bar

Rib Room & Bar
Ranked #303 of 12,208 Restaurants in Bangkok
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Sukhumvit
Description: RIB ROOM Grills and steaks, 31st floor Our award-winning rooftop restaurant specializes in steakhouse favorites and a long list of gourmet French cuisine prepared by the hotel's Executive Chef in cutting-edge kitchens. Dinner are offered the choice of set menus or a la carte menu specialising in exquisite selection of beef, Japanese Wagyu Ohmi Beef, Australian grain-fed 400 days, offer different cuts and freshly imported seafood. THE BAR The perfect place to start a dinner in the RR&B, The Bar serves a truly international selection of drinks in a thoroughly modern and comfortable setting.
Reviewed 24 March 2018 via mobile

A couple of friends and I booked a table here because we heard so much about the beef here,especially the wagyu beef, that we just had to check it out.

This restaurant is on the top floor so this guarantees an amazing view that can be enjoyed during your meal. You can call ahead to make a reservation for a table next to the window for the best experience.

The service from start to finish was great. All the staff are welcoming and helpful.

This meal started off with a generous perfect-sized bread loaf. We had a choice of purple bread, whole wheat bread, and cranberry bread. We picked the first two. The whole wheat bread was good for me because I expect a lot of grains in there. My friend who ordered the purple bread loved it because of the soft texture, pretty color and the delicious smell.

After that we were served a starter which was salmon and bruschetta. The beef we ordered were USDA Prime Black Angus Beef:Tenderloin; Australian Wagyu Beef 400 days grain fed: Tenderloin and Ribeye.

The beef here were perfectly seasoned and cooked exactly the level we wished our meat be cooked. I personally loved my order of grilled ribeye. I found it was so very succulent and flavorful. The slight smokiness made the dish all together amazing. I actually ordered béarnaise sauce to go with my steak but found there was no need to help myself with the sauce. The steak alone is already perfect. The gratin dauphinois was also nice and creamy.

I did get a chance to try a bite of the Wagyu tenderloin and Prime tenderloin. They were pretty amazing too.

When we were done with our delicious steaks, we were given a plate of complimentary desserts and a shot of amaretto.

Needless to say, we were more than satisfied with this place and will definitely come back for you.

TheLandmarkBangkok, Director of Food & Beverage at Rib Room & Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2018

Dear Korapim,

Thank you very much for your reviewed on Tripadvisor, we are delighted to know that your dining experience at Rib Room and Bar has met your expectation. Our Executive Chef Philippe Gaudal has carefully selected all of premium beef from around the world to serve at our steakhouse. Our steak always charcoal grilled which give a special smoky flavor. Great to hear that you have enjoyed our selection of bread which freshly prepare on daily by Chef Jean Marc.

We look forward to welcome you back to Rib Room again.

Reviewed 28 February 2018 via mobile

Saved The Rib Room until my last night at The Landmark Hotel, now wishing I’d given it a miss. All week I’d seen the advertising around the hotel promoting “the world’s finest steak”! A cut of Galician rib-eye beef from Northern Spain at reputedly the best steakhouse in Bangkok. Where could it go wrong? Tough to chew and riddled with gristle, it was not what I expected from my medium-rare masterpiece, that would’ve benefited significantly from the attention of a decent butcher. You can’t say you’re going to serve the worlds finest steak and not deliver on that promise, you simply can’t. The rest of the meal was ok, the amuse bouche and palate cleanser either side of my burrata and tomato salad were a welcome attempt at elevating the dining experience, but overall, quite disappointing.

Dear TopCatTony,

Many thanks for your reviewed, I do apologize for your dining experience at Rib Room & Bar which was not meet your expectation. Kindly be informed that Galician beef is Grass-fed feeding and 8 years old cow, it has special character and taste, less marbling than Grain-fed beef. The promotion of Spanish beef ran for 2 months and next May - June will be Japanese Bone-in Sirloin which has succulent taste and high marbling scores.

Your advised has been noted and communicated to all concerns to improve the quality.

We look forward to welcome you in the future.

Winit Kitchaiya,

Reviewed 23 February 2018 via mobile

We agree that this is probably one of the best restaurants in Bangkok. First impeccable service and attention.
Then the fantastic atmosphere. And on top of all of this outstanding food and beverages. We had the escargot as starter, then tenderloin steaks and to close it of Irish coffee and amaretto coffee. Kir and a nice red wine rounded everything to make it a memorable evening dinner. Many thanks to the Director of food and beverage who assisted greatly in our choices.

TheLandmarkBangkok, Director of Food & Beverage at Rib Room & Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 24 February 2018

Dear heinzalbert,

Many thanks for your visited and your review on this website. I am delighted to hear that our quality of food & service meet your expectation.
Rib Room & Bar Steakhouse has offered premium imported beef and large selection of wine from around the world with stunning panoramic view from 31st floor of the hotel.

We look forward to welcome you and your wife back to The Landmark Bangkok and Rib Room & Bar next year.

Kind regards.

Reviewed 8 January 2018

This restaurant is very good indeed, a little expensive (around £100 per person) for a fine steak or lobster dinner, excellent service, quality of food in both taste & presentation. After my first visit I received a 20% discount voucher to use another evening. I tried the Prime Rib, Lobster Thermidor etc, all were excellent.

TheLandmarkBangkok, other at Rib Room & Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 31 January 2018

Dear John Y

Thank you for your value commented on Tripadvisor, I am delighted to know that you enjoyed your dinner at Rib Room and Bar Steakhouse. Our Executive Chef Philippe Gaudal has chosen great quality of imported beef and seafood from around the world to ensure that our guest get the best quality.

We look forward to welcome you back in nearly future.

Reviewed 7 November 2017 via mobile

Amazing food by chef Philippe and great service. Did really enjoy our Rougie dinner with a great ambience.
This is a must go for every steak lover, I still can't forget the best albufera sauce ever tried. Thanks to the team and I will be back.

TheLandmarkBangkok, Director of Food & Beverage at Rib Room & Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 20 November 2017

Dear Timekeper,

Thank you for your reviewed on tripadvisor, The Rougie Dinner was one of the special event which has organized at Rib Room and Bar Steakhouse. Chef Philippe has created unique set menus which used all Rougie products.
I am delighted to hear that you like our Albufera sauce and our large selection of beef.

We look forward to welcome you back in nearly future.

Director of Food & Beverage

Been to Rib Room & Bar? Share your experiences!