“Decent Experience - can be considered a hidden gem”

Vista Residence Bangkok
Ranked #65 of 707 Bangkok B&B and Inns
Reviewed 27 September 2011

Stayed in Vista residence for two nights in the first week of September.
The intention was to shop and Vista is 'strategically' located for that cause. located just a walking distance from MBK and the Siam Chain of shopping malls. A Tesco lotus is also even a shorter walk in the opposite direction.
The main street is crowded and noisy but the alley Vista is in is very quite. I suppose it is a residential house converted to hotel. The taxi find sometimes a bit difficult to locate but the easiest way to guide is to tell them it is just behind the Siam@Siam hotel.
We stayed in the standard room - and trust me the room is far better than just 'standard' spacious, comfortable bed, good clean bathroom. I believe the standard rooms are on the lower floor whereas the deluxe rooms are in the upper floor.
The hotel has no lifts - but they help you carry your luggage. It is also a completely non smoking hotel - you have to get out of the main door to smoke - they have a small table chair placed so that you can sit outside and smoke :p - this was one of teh reason I also wanted to be in the lower floor.
The breakfast is very basic - fruits, egg, bread, milk corn flakes, tea coffee... fruits buffet but the rest are as per your order. We had an early morning flight and left hotel before 7. the stuff arranged toast & coffee for us.
Its a very homely place and I am making an assumption that the food is good and reasonable priced on the basis of the rates and the huge crowd that is their during lunch/dinner time.
Free internet and some computers are placed in the lobby/reception area.
Its excellent value for money. If you want to stay central (in terms of shopping) and not into late night partying (thus don't mind staying away from Sukumvit) its a place u can go for Vista.
I do nto think their is a gym and/or swimming pool - well they don't call themselves a hotel either - 'residence' is the term used and guess it qualifies as a guest house.
wont regret it. I booked from booking.com and got a good deal with breakfast.
I will be very surprised if you book it and regret. In fact I am booking the place for some of my relatives just next week. very likely I will stay here again.

Room Tip: Deluxe rooms are a bit bigger and flashier - u can easily go for standard rooms which are on the low...
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Quidditch

Reviewed 22 September 2011

I chose this hotel as it was located just minutes walk from the MBK shopping center. It is also not far to the other shopping Siam Paragon etc. It is located a short distance in on a laneway (soi) right next to the big hotel Siam @ Siam, so if you see that when your taxi driver is driving in to the lane you are only 50 metres away.

Room and bathroom clean and overall spacious for the this price range. I stayed in a standard room for 3000 bhat per night. 2 bottles of water included per day, fridge, TV and small safe deposit box avaiable in room as well as complimentary tea/coffee.

Limited breakfast choice, but the american breakfast that was servered was well done.Only negative is no lift if you have a lot of luggage, but there are only 2 flight s up an the guy in the reeption helped me with my luggage.

I will definitely stay here again on my next visit to Bangkok.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank Ingrid_SE_AU
Reviewed 21 July 2011

I stayed here with my family for almost 7 nights. The place is nicely appointed with good amenities. Clean and nice. Standard room is fine, delux room is just a little bigger. The stay was very good with Khun Pui, the director, making sure that every service is offered at the right time. She guides you to different things that you can do and also checks everyday if we are ok. She and his bunch of girls manage the place wonderfully well.

The property is located at a 10 minutes walking distance from MBK, Siam Center and Siam Paragon. There is a Tesco Lotus center also situated at 500 meters towards left. 4'5 floor property with restaurant and internet (Wifi in rooms only). The only down point is there is no lift. That also drives you to occupy the standard room as they are at the lower floor.

For those who want a full and full shopping experience and a neat and clean basic (luxuary) stay, this is the place. The value for money is good.

The hotel has good contacts to tour services and transporters and are well respected by them. Our tours arranged through them were wonderful.

I would highly recommend a stay at Vista

Room Tip: Standard are the best for a couple
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
4  Thank SajitMenon
Reviewed 8 May 2011

We chose this hotel based on previous reviews and were not disappointed! Rooms and hotel in genreral are spotless. Staff were really kind and courteous (even remebered us when we came back 2 weeks later), very helpful when we asked about advice on areas to go in Bangkok, how to go there, etc... Neighbourhod is fairly quiet but still it is very central.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Jules_leam
Reviewed 31 March 2011

I'd love to recommend this hotel to my friends and other people about this great hotel. Just a few minutes to sky train which is the best. Friendly staff and owner!!!
Also very good food, and great recommendation for our daily trips around Bangkok and shopping

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family