See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 22 January 2013

Cockroach-Inn !
The good times of this hotel have passed a long time ago.
The lobby is shabby as is the whole house. Right next to the reception there are some washing machines which looks really awkward. Then you pass the first floor to access the rooms & you get the feeling somethings really wrong there. Looks like a mixture between a workshop, a disposial dump and a sports studio.
When you enter the room, cockroaches will run in all directions as soon as you switch on the light.
We asked for another room, they showed us another one which didn t only have as many cockroaches as the previous one but also had an awfull smell of smoke and parfume.
Even tough I saw the guy having several other keys, he claimed these two rooms to be the only ones availible.
You will find much better places for ~950 bath !!!

Room Tip: No bedbugs in room 201 !
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jan B
Reviewed 29 October 2011

I wanted to impress my Mom and sis by staying near the Menam Chao Phraya without busting our pockets. Panasiri reception area was not impressive but the room we stayed in was nice it has a big fridge, microwave oven, very clean room and toilet. The bed is so comfortable to sleep. For a budget hotel, GREAT value for money. Nothing dodgy about this place. Staff try their best and extremely friendly. Mom and sis enjoyed Panasiri too!!!

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Indrawana
Reviewed 19 August 2011

Panasiri is a value for a traveller on a budget.

My room style was the "Premium Family Room" and had enough space for three people to stay comfortably. The style of accommodation is similar to a service apartment so you must request room cleaning and additional linens. The free wifi was great when it was working but there were a few days where the service was completely disabled. The staff was friendly and helpful but spoke very little english. However, they were more than patient as I explained things with my limited Thai vocabulary and hand signs. We made it work!

The location is within steps of the famed Chao Phryah river. At the river, there is a great place to book Klong Tours and other Bangkok sightseeing trips. It was very convenient. You can also jump on the Ramada ferry to catch the river taxi. One of the best was to get around Bangkok.

For food and other supplies, Tops full service super market is within steps of the front door. There are plenty of restaurants and food stalls with delicious treats lining the streets. A strip mall is located around the corner and you can find massage therapy, spas, salons and tailors there. Look for the big Ramada Hotel and you'll see the shops. Bus No. 1, 15, 17, 22, 75, 163, 544, 547 - 50 m. runs along Charoen Krung Road out front of Panasiri and that will take you to the Grand Palace and then to the bus terminal. There is a post office a few blocks away and the hospital is no more than 10 min. bus ride.

The area isn't a tourist trap and feels safe. I would recommend Panasiri if you are on a budget and would like a quieter place to rest. It is not a party place. We made friends with the staff and I was sad to say goodbye. My experience was good and I will definitely be back again.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank Josh V
Reviewed 12 December 2010

Good hotel good service. the rooms are spacious. Wifi free

• Stayed: December 2010
1  Thank NorthStar274919
Reviewed 16 October 2010

I found this place accidently because it is not far from my parent home (I married and live with my husband in Germany)... So I tried to contact them for the rate and reservation...I got two answered email with nothing that I asked for till now...it is more than a month...nothing...I gave up and don´t think I will ever stay here... Just wasting my time...

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled with family